October 24, 2014 | 1159 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

i got this on a sudden splurge. was looking for something less glittery than mac msf's and this is true to its name....pure SHIMMER/ NO GLITTER. it was love at first swatch. perfect for my cheekbones!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG. It works on every skin tone. It can be used to highlight, as a blush on fair skin or as a lip highlight for photos. It can be used on its own to impart a soft radiance. I use this everyday and I can't live without it. It's also an excellent value as it's the largest pan ever for a highlighter. It literally lasts forever, if you don't smash it. I'm on my second pan in 3 years and I just started it. My one gripe is Smashbox needs to change their packaging. It's garbage. I love most of their products and so I put up with the crumbling screw on lids and cracked plastic but is it necessary? I have complained directly to them and they never get back to me. Still, the product itself is cult worthy and an excellent purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loooove this stuff! I thought I lost it once and I nearly had a heart attack. It ads a great glow to my face. The perfect finishing touch to my makeup routine. Its a great everyday highlighter. I also own NARS albatross highlighter which I find is also fantastic but more party makeup than everyday makeup. The SM one is more peachy and the NARS one has more of a gold tone to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I like this highlighter it is on heavy rotation with Nars Albatros and MAC MSF Chez Chez Lame. Shimmer is peachier then Albatros and CCL. It is soft, smooth and silky, you have to be careful i have a lot of fall out in the pan. but really my grief come with the packaging I do not like the twist off cap of eyeshadows and highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by swenada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I was walking throught the mall on the way to my car and was walking in front of sephora inside JC Penny when I looked down and this product caught my eyes. I just had to swatch it.
1) I couldn't believe hold smooth and silky it felt
2) It was soooooo beauiful on my skin ( NC40-42) (Nars Barcelona)

I carried it all the way to the cashier and took it home with me. SB in shimmer is the PERFECT highlighter, the color is neutral and I can safely say this will look great on any skintone...I am so in love with it.

1 week later I returned to sephora because I always heard about the shade sin by UD (urban decay), seems everyone I know raves about it...so I had to see a swatch. I saw the product and loved it but found it looked pretty much the same as my smashbox highlighter in "shimmer" so I swatched them both on my hand and could not believe that they were the same...like 99% same color everything. Well I guess I killed 2 birds with one stone there huh? lol

I highly recommend this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I was looking for something to brighten up my face a little, and this certainly does it. You do have to be careful not to put on too much, or you'll just look like you rolled around in glitter.

What I love most is that, because I'm really pale, this gives a tiny bit of colour AS WELL as the shimmer/highlight aspect. I always use it on top of my Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy. It definitely brightens up my otherwise drab complexion. I will definitely be buying this again, after I manage to use it all up, since it comes in a pretty big container for the amount I use per application.

I gave a 3 for price because I live in Canada, and since Sephora is an American chain, the prices are sky high. Even though the exchange is right at par, I still pay atleast $8 - $15 more than the website's listed price. It really sucks because now I'm paying MORE for the same things, but ordering from the site incurs shipping costs, and I pay out the same amount (after shipping, taxes, and customs) as I would at the store. AND I have to wait for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I LOVE this !! it gives me natural glowing look.

INSTRUCTION: BE CAREFUL about this

1. put it on t-zone to high light. don't brush it all over the face or cheek, if you do, it will give you wierd look. just for the hight light zone.
2. You should use a fine brush for evenly applying it. that's a key point. if you don't apply it evenly and finely , then it can make your pores look bigger. ( i use sonia kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush for this, it's perfect for applying shimmer)

if you use it in the right way, then you will get gorgeous look !!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by gheybo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Out of all the highlights I've used, this have to top it so far. That natural radiant glow, I've finally achieved.

A big whoopiieee! Whenever I wear it people will always compliment on how great I look. Just a note, I have medium tan skin and it still works fine on me.

My first Smashbox product ever and have to say, excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This is the perfect product to use to get that 'glow from within' as that is exactly what it gives- a beautiful glow with no obvious shimmer/glitter etc. I use it in the day and cannot imagine now not using it. I have always been a fan of the glowy look- but not shiny/looking sweaty!! and this is perfect, i use some on my normal cheekbones to give me amazing cheekbones! and then down the center of my nose and very lightly across my forehead too....you can layer on more product for night time. Lightly used, or more heavily for night...both are look great and very nice in photos too. Its much much better (finer shimmer) than my BB shimmerbrick in pink which is what i was using before...Only thing is this product seems VERY delicate and i can imagine if u drop it it will crumble apart so i have to be so careful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I just tried this for the first time.......I am a die-hard mineralize soft and gentle fan but I want to branch out a bit. I REALLY love this..............its not at gleaming as the mineralize but thats not necessarily a bad thing.....I think I will purchase both regularly, as this is more appropriate for day, in my opinion. I also find that it doesnt magnify my pores like the mac product does. The only downfall is the price, although it seems like it will last forever so as long as you can foot it up front, its not like you will be replacing monthly. A definite winner!! I almost bought prism but I'm happy with this...........not much of a difference but this works with any look.