Smashbox Soft Lights - Shimmer

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Carmine

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this powder. It is so versatile. I use it as a highlighter on the top of my cheekbones, brow bone, down my nose and on my cupids bow. I also use this as an eyeshadow, either on its own or as a base for other colours.
It is a great highlighter colour without being too frosty, itís not subtle, obviously, as it is a highlighter, but I would describe it more as a glimmer/shimmer rather than full on glitter disco ball. Some people here have said they use it as a blushÖI am puzzled! It has no blush like colours in it (#misleading!) It is average in price, I got mine for about $50 NZD, but it has lasted me for about 2 years and I still canít see the bottom of the pan.
However, I donít like the screw lid as I lost mine and now am lidless so I have to leave this at home! However, I do adore this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 2/2/2012 12:48:00 PM

I purchased this for $10 on eBay as I was looking to expand my high lighter collection and this item came with high reviews on MUA. I was looking for a high lighter different from my usual go to pinks and silver shimmers and this one is awesome. I love the peach colour as it provides my complexion with a soft warm glow without being overly shimmery and obnoxious. I find the powder is quite creamy, smooth, and pigmented. Definitely a winner and I'm happy to have it in my collection.

on 10/5/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this on a sudden splurge. was looking for something less glittery than mac msf's and this is true to its name....pure SHIMMER/ NO GLITTER. it was love at first swatch. perfect for my cheekbones!

on 8/5/2011 7:49:00 PM

This is my HG. It works on every skin tone. It can be used to highlight, as a blush on fair skin or as a lip highlight for photos. It can be used on its own to impart a soft radiance. I use this everyday and I can't live without it. It's also an excellent value as it's the largest pan ever for a highlighter. It literally lasts forever, if you don't smash it. I'm on my second pan in 3 years and I just started it. My one gripe is Smashbox needs to change their packaging. It's garbage. I love most of their products and so I put up with the crumbling screw on lids and cracked plastic but is it necessary? I have complained directly to them and they never get back to me. Still, the product itself is cult worthy and an excellent purchase.

on 6/30/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Loooove this stuff! I thought I lost it once and I nearly had a heart attack. It ads a great glow to my face. The perfect finishing touch to my makeup routine. Its a great everyday highlighter. I also own NARS albatross highlighter which I find is also fantastic but more party makeup than everyday makeup. The SM one is more peachy and the NARS one has more of a gold tone to it.

on 2/9/2011 8:59:00 PM

I like this highlighter it is on heavy rotation with Nars Albatros and MAC MSF Chez Chez Lame. Shimmer is peachier then Albatros and CCL. It is soft, smooth and silky, you have to be careful i have a lot of fall out in the pan. but really my grief come with the packaging I do not like the twist off cap of eyeshadows and highlighters.

on 1/21/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

So I was walking throught the mall on the way to my car and was walking in front of sephora inside JC Penny when I looked down and this product caught my eyes. I just had to swatch it.
1) I couldn't believe hold smooth and silky it felt
2) It was soooooo beauiful on my skin ( NC40-42) (Nars Barcelona)

I carried it all the way to the cashier and took it home with me. SB in shimmer is the PERFECT highlighter, the color is neutral and I can safely say this will look great on any skintone...I am so in love with it.

1 week later I returned to sephora because I always heard about the shade sin by UD (urban decay), seems everyone I know raves about it...so I had to see a swatch. I saw the product and loved it but found it looked pretty much the same as my smashbox highlighter in "shimmer" so I swatched them both on my hand and could not believe that they were the same...like 99% same color everything. Well I guess I killed 2 birds with one stone there huh? lol

I highly recommend this product.

on 12/29/2010 5:08:00 PM

Love this product. I was looking for something to brighten up my face a little, and this certainly does it. You do have to be careful not to put on too much, or you'll just look like you rolled around in glitter.

What I love most is that, because I'm really pale, this gives a tiny bit of colour AS WELL as the shimmer/highlight aspect. I always use it on top of my Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy. It definitely brightens up my otherwise drab complexion. I will definitely be buying this again, after I manage to use it all up, since it comes in a pretty big container for the amount I use per application.

I gave a 3 for price because I live in Canada, and since Sephora is an American chain, the prices are sky high. Even though the exchange is right at par, I still pay atleast $8 - $15 more than the website's listed price. It really sucks because now I'm paying MORE for the same things, but ordering from the site incurs shipping costs, and I pay out the same amount (after shipping, taxes, and customs) as I would at the store. AND I have to wait for it.

on 10/1/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this !! it gives me natural glowing look.

INSTRUCTION: BE CAREFUL about this

1. put it on t-zone to high light. don't brush it all over the face or cheek, if you do, it will give you wierd look. just for the hight light zone.
2. You should use a fine brush for evenly applying it. that's a key point. if you don't apply it evenly and finely , then it can make your pores look bigger. ( i use sonia kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush for this, it's perfect for applying shimmer)

if you use it in the right way, then you will get gorgeous look !!!!

on 9/1/2010 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Out of all the highlights I've used, this have to top it so far. That natural radiant glow, I've finally achieved.

A big whoopiieee! Whenever I wear it people will always compliment on how great I look. Just a note, I have medium tan skin and it still works fine on me.

My first Smashbox product ever and have to say, excellent product!

Top Rated Smashbox Products