Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

I honestly don't understand how so many people love this cleanser. When I first tried it, I thought I'd fall in love with it. I was wrong. The more I kept using it, the worse my skin looked. I have never had my face break out like that before. There were huge cystic pimples on my chin and forehead after I used this stuff. Despite all the zits, I kept using the product hoping that my acne was just a side effect of my period. I went through the entire bottle and my skin looked the worst it ever had. Definitely won't be buying this crap again.

on 2/1/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow I did not see the word 'menthol' in the ingredient list when I decided to buy this...who puts menthol in products for the face, anyway? And then claims that dermatologists approve of their products?? As soon as I put it on, and started to feel that tingle, arghhh...

So, it may work for you if your facial skin is tough, but for me, a terrible mistake.

on 1/21/2014 9:16:00 PM

Liked this at first, but found it to be too drying for my sensitive skin. Can't use this near the eye area either to clean off eye makeup. The menthol is too intense for this delicate area. I like a one step cleanser to clean & take off makeup. Wish companies would keep fragrance & menthol out of products!

on 1/11/2014 8:48:00 AM

This is my hands down facial cleanser. I've tried from the most expensive to drugstore cleaners. Nothing can beat this gem for my acne prone skin.it makes my skin soft and plump every time I wash my face. Iwill use this for my whole life..

on 12/3/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the tingly sensation I get when I wash this off. It can be drying and if you use it to get rid of acne it might not work. I use this with an acne medication and so far I see a difference

on 10/23/2013 9:47:00 PM

This product is good if you dont have acne but what to clean your skin. I used this product for about 6 weeks to see if it would clear my acne. It did nothing for my acne but it made my skin feel very clean yet dried me out too much.

on 10/23/2013 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product is great! I use it with my Olay pro x face brush (also amazing I recommend it) .
I follow up with clean and clear acne control moustririzer and since 5 days ago when I started this routine my overall complexion is better! Many of my breakouts and blackheads have cleared/shrinken . I have am oily t zone and my chin and around my nose and mouth tend to get dried out . So i would say I have combination skin . Also my skin is pretty acne prone . If you have skin like mine I would recommend this routine it has helped me so much !

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This cleanser gets nothing but love from me! I switch to it during the fall/winter months because its not overdrying like my usual gel cleanser. It's the right balance of oil control & moisture for my acne prone skin that's easily irritated. Highly recommend, my only gripe is that it's mentholated with a strong perfume smell.

on 9/23/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product would be a 50/50 for me. the cream cleanser has a fragrance that sticks on to my face afterwards and its not great. Also, this cleanser doesn't really do anything. I mean it didn't make me break out or irritated, but it sure didn't do any difference to my acne. So if you're not acne-prone and you're looking for something mild to keep your skin fresh, this product could be better for you. But if your looking for a hardworking cleanser to help clear those pimples, definitely stay away from this.

on 9/7/2013 9:48:00 AM

Ah, a great question! I used to always use Neutrogena since it was so cheap - but since its cheap - it did not work as well and I have VERY sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended something more gentle and natural - and she recommended the Citrus Clear products. They are all natural with no harmful chemicals - and I saw a major difference! I would recommend them for you as well, cause it seems that your skin is very sensitive!