November 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lfantu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product would be a 50/50 for me. the cream cleanser has a fragrance that sticks on to my face afterwards and its not great. Also, this cleanser doesn't really do anything. I mean it didn't make me break out or irritated, but it sure didn't do any difference to my acne. So if you're not acne-prone and you're looking for something mild to keep your skin fresh, this product could be better for you. But if your looking for a hardworking cleanser to help clear those pimples, definitely stay away from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MittyRitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah, a great question! I used to always use Neutrogena since it was so cheap - but since its cheap - it did not work as well and I have VERY sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended something more gentle and natural - and she recommended the Citrus Clear products. They are all natural with no harmful chemicals - and I saw a major difference! I would recommend them for you as well, cause it seems that your skin is very sensitive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

CAVEAT: I don't just use this as most people would and neither does my husband!

Ok now we can begin. My husband and I use this face wash to prevent ingrown hairs from shaving. Honestly it works just about any place on the body for this purpose (ladies do need to be careful about the bikini line as it has menthol in it). My husband was getting terrible ingrown hairs on his body from shaving for physio-taping for physical therapy. This product left on for a few minutes in the shower will knock that out in 1-2 uses. It also makes a nice summer shave cream! So refreshing and honestly no irritations or cuts. We have also both used it as a face wash. My husband has begun to use it just about daily in the shower and it's improved his blackhead prone oily skin. I use it more of a wash mask type of cleanser. I put it on at the beginning of my shower and let it sit on there for the length of my shower and then use my clairsonic delicate brush to remove it. This works wonders as an exfoliating combo. My skin is pretty sensitive so I don't think I could use this regularly. My husband has also used it on his shoulders and back to reduce body acne. Overall this is a great cheap widely available product that I can whole heartedly recommend for non sensitive skin types or any of the "off label" uses I have mentioned!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jamlollipops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is honestly average, and is pretty comparable to most other drug store, acne face washes. This product didn't break me out, but it also did not particularly give my skin any improvement either. I've used this product as both a daily cleaner/mask, and it's cleansing quality as either pales in comparison to the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. However, everyone's skin is different, and if you do choose to utilize this product, I really recommend that you use a makeup remover or another facial cleanser geared towards removing your makeup before using this product. Using this product on top of your makeup alone will do nothing but smear it, and the cleanser will not penetrate deep enough to clean your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I remember using this product years ago, and what I liked most about it was the tingly feeling it would give me. But I found it kind of helped with acne, but not too much. But it's a affordable enough product, that I say wouldn't hurt to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG hands down. Spent all kinds of money on high end products and it turns out that classic/basic is best for my skin! That paired with my clinique D.D. Gel Moisturizer is pretty much all I use right now. Less is more :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice cleanser! Takes a little work to get it all off, but my skin feels so fresh and clean afterward. Doesn't always wash off all my makeup either, but still a good clean feeling!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am writing my review after using 2 bottles of this cleanser.

I love that it doesn't irritate or dry my skin out at all. It contains few ingredients, which I also like. When I used this, I used it with my Olay face brush and my skin did clear up a fair amount. But on its own, I wouldn't say it deep cleans. It definately does not remove makeup and leaves a slight film after rinsing.

Overall, I really did like this product when I was using it and so did my skin. My main gripe is that it has menthol in it. The menthol does not irritate my skin or anything; I just do not like the cold, tingly feeling of it. I have since switched cleansers, but who knows. I may return to this down the road.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Rebekah85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product along with the 2 in 1 Fade & Clear toner in the orange bottle. I have combo skin that doesn't break out often, but for some reason, I started having huge breakouts all over my face and neck. I was using Cetaphil and witch hazel toner for months and was loving it. I bought this cleanser and it feels very refreshing. It IS really deep cleaning and therefore it MAY break you out at first because your skin is purging all the built up gunk that's making it's way to the surface. So give it a week and if it is still breaking out, then it's safe to say the product may not be for you. But if you don't give it a chance, it's your loss. It did break me out mildly, but then quickly cleared up my skin and it is the only thing that has helped. I switch back and forth between this and Cetaphil and my 2 in 1 and witch hazel toner. My skin is back to looking healthy and radiant. I would suggest to everyone complaining about it not removing make up well, to realize that facial cleansers are NOT make up removers. You should use a make up remover prior to washing your face, especially if you use 24 hour or waterproof make up. Your face wash will be more effective and beneficial. I use pure, extra virgin coconut oil to remove my make up. It has so many benefits to your face, hair and skin. Does not clog pores or cause breakouts. YouTube it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This claims to clean beneath the pores but I doubt it because after I washed my face and I used my astringent I would have a good amount of makeup left over on the cotton pad. I didn't think much of it untill I switched cleansers and when I would apply my astringent I would not have any make up residue left. I would not repurchase if a product claims to do something, it should comply. Shame on you neutrogena