Aveda Color Conserve

3.3

Aqueous Extracts, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract, Astralagus Membranaceus (Milk Vetch) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Pinus Tabulaeformis (Pine) Bark Extract, Vitus Venifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sedum Rosea Root Extract, Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sufosuccinate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,Quaternium-80, Amyl Salicylate, Isoamyl Cinnamate, Lycopene, Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Sucrose Palmitate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Glycol Distearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Polyquaternium-7, Cistus Ladaniferus Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothazolinone

on 7/9/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used Color Conserve on and off for years now and have to say that I really can't tell that much of a difference between this and some drug store brands. Apparently there is something about it that I like because I have continued to repurchase it, probably that Aveda is a natural product and I really like the scent. But other than that, I'm still searhing high and low for my HG shampoo.

on 6/3/2009 12:13:00 PM

I'm a fan of most of Aveda products, but I have to say I don't like the Color Conserve line at all. The scent is alright, it smells like the typical Aveda herby scent, but it doesn't clean my scalp enough, makes my hair feel wirey, and doesn't really seem to conserve my hair color much either.

on 4/10/2009 10:44:00 PM

My mom colors her hair regularly so I bought this for her (I was happy with my shampure and scalp benefit shampoo so I was quite sure this would work for her too). Big mistake. It gave her itchy and sensitive scalp and she couldn't use it any more. It was too late to return it so I started to use it. Same results. It was so disappointing.

This is a tough one for me. I love using natural products and the essential oil fragrance in this shampoo is amazing. But it's very expensive! I'm not sure that it has made my color (also aveda) last any longer than my other color specific shampoos. I'll give it one more try, but I'm not sure it's worth the money

on 2/25/2009 1:59:00 PM

I bought this shampoo after my at-home hair colour turned my hair rather dry and coarse. I have a couple of Aveda HG styling products so I figured it might be time to switch to the shampoo and conditioner. This shampoo (and the matching conditioner) did make my hair look and feel great but I'm not sure it made my colour last any longer. Although I like these products, I cannot justify the cost. The bottles are small (200 mL each), expensive (+$20 CAD each) and lasted not quite 2 months with daily hair washing.

on 12/21/2008 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have color treated highlighted hair and I use this when my hair feels a little too heavy from just using the cleansing conditioners. I love how its doesn't make my hair feel like straw afterwards and the herbal scent is wonderful too. A little goes a long way so it will last a long time also. It doesn't strip my hair or my natural oils nor the color.

on 12/7/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: 7 weeks later, my honey-carmel highlights still look pretty and bright; my hair seems shiny

Cons: I only wash every other day, and sometimes I feel really greasy by the end of the second day; seems pretty pricey for what it is

I just started going to an Aveda salon and my colorist really promoted this product. He said I could use whatever conditioner I want, but that the Aveda color could get stripped if I used too harsh a shampoo. Considering the investment I'm making in my color, it seems stupid to cheap out on the shampoo. I suspect I'm just a sucker, but I have to say my highlights look great. I have a slightly-longer-than-chin-length bob, so a tiny bit is enough for a shampoo...I still have about half a bottle left, and I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

on 12/5/2008 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nope. This dries my hair, I have to use a TON to get a lather, and it doesn't leave my hair smelling nice! And this doesn't matter which conditioner I use - my towel smells almost like my hair isn't clean! I am very disappointed - I don't think it can be cleaning that well. I have to sometimes do three lathers and even then, my hair doesn't feel clean! And my red? Almost completely washed out after three shampoos. So, another meh for Aveda - by the way, I have done my research, apparently, all the high quality shampoos and conditioners are colour safe - check with your salon to be sure though. No way would I repurchase. Can't wait to finish this stupid bottle so I can go back to something that makes my hair clean!

on 11/9/2008 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't find this shampoo drying at all - it seemed slightly moisturizing to me. Pros- It does seem to extend the life of my salon color. I used to get some brassy tones in my brunette hair by the time I was ready to recolor. That doesn't happen with this shampoo. And, my hair looks OK even if I skip the conditioner. Cons - need to use a lot of it to get any kind of lather (maybe it's my hard water, but I seem to have this issue with all Aveda shampoos). And I get a buildup after using it a few times in a row, have to alternate with others. Best thing I have found so far for keeping my color in shape.

on 9/24/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Made my hair so dry that I had to load it with conditioner. Didn't really see any difference in how long my colour lasted (I have dark brown hair that I colour to hide they greys).

Top Rated Aveda Products