Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 1/15/2015 8:35:00 AM

My 21 year old daughter gave this to me as she does not like wearing foundations at all. I never thought I would use it, as the color was in the Classic Ivory, which I 'thought' was too light for my skin tone. However, being as it is winter, my skin lightened up some so I thought I would try it. Surprisingly, I LOVE this foundation! It goes on very nice, blends great, does NOT settle into fine lines, smile lines, or pores. And IT DOES NOT CAKE! I always apply my foundations with my fingers. The coverage is great, and feels light on my skin, not heavy & does not look like a mask! I did not have to build up the coverage at all. The Packaging: I am actually one of the few who does not like pumps - too much wasted product. I like bottles/jars much better - easier to control the amount that I need. However, this bottle has a somewhat wide base & narrow neck, so will probably have to turn upside down once it starts getting low.

Anyway - one thing I do with this foundation (because it being too light of a color for me) is use powder over it with a big fluffy face brush. I happened to have a Loreal mineral powder foundation, which sucks by the way, that I bought and used maybe once. I now found a use for it. I don't ever use powder over my foundation but I used it with this since the color was so light, and my face looks awesome, lol. I did not use a primer or moisturizer under this either - I absolutely hate having to put extra products like primer on my face - applied on bare skin. It lasts all day and I have not had a problem with transfer - stays on extremely well, I don't get shiney either (maybe because of the powder, idk), and no break-outs. It is a bit pricey at $13, but I didn't buy it, lol, but he bottle is fairly large, don't need a lot of product, so it will last a long time I believe. My fav for years has been Loreal True Match, and now I will need to decide if I want to switch to this as my main foundation, IF I can find it in a darker tone that matches Loreal's W5 that I use.

on 1/9/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off, hate the packaging. In stores and online from Ulta, this does not come with a plastic seal. I refrained from buying it in stores bc (with no pump) I wondered how many people put their finger inside to test the shade, seeing as you could open and reshelf with no problem. I didn't enjoy having to purchase a drugstore product online.
I am normal to dry skinned and this was good on my dry patches. BUT made me super oily and settled into every crease and fine line. Not good for me. The lightest shade (classic ivory 10) was way too dark for my face and neck. I had to blend all the way down to my chest. I of course set with a powder and this made it feel more cakey. I loved that this covered all my acne scaring and was full coverage but I felt very cakey only after a thin layer. Applying my concealer was easy to blend but it felt even heavier. (I am used to wearing a full face every day). It's good for the coverage and if you don't make facial expressions. I'm 18 and have no wrinkles but this settled into my smile lines and eye creases within an hour.

on 12/28/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Shade: 30 Buff

I love this foundation! This should be the HG for anyone with dry skin.

PROS:
- super blendable
- dewy finish
- consistency is perfect for dry skin

CONS:
- there is no shine control. After around 5 hours of wearing this, you will notice your face starting to get oily and you would either have to blot or powder again.

on 12/13/2014 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation last year for the winter time and I hated it. It stuck to my dry patches & made me way too oily.
Since then, my skin has changed and is now more oily than dry, and I have a better knowledge of makeup overall.
I LOVE this foundation now! It is my perfect shade for the winter (Classic Ivory). You NEED to set this with a powder if you get oily. It is extremely dewy when you first apply (plus, I apply it with a beauty blender), but when you set it with a powder, it's perfect. This gives me medium coverage, but you could probably build it up to full. Also, I'm very acne-prone and this doesn't break me out at all!

on 12/2/2014 10:31:00 AM

looking at reviews I was a little shy trying this foundation. Hesitant I bought it anyways. So far so good. it doesn't break me out, it doesn't dry out my face or make it itchy. Its really nice and lovely and give a glow of health to the skin. I finish it with a Physicians formula mineral face powder. I would buy again

UGH. I used this foundation for several months after I had to stop using the more pricey foundations I used to get at Ulta. I don't know why I settled for it for sooo long but I'm so glad I switched over to something else. It comes off your face way quick ( I used powder sometimes to stop this but, it only lasted so long ). Also when you try to fix it...it just becomes more of a mess and you end up wanting to just take it all off. It's not THAT heavy but that's not even the problem...it's way shiny, setting powders make it funky looking so just don't do it!!! Run away!!!

on 9/27/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This foundation is TERRIBLE!!!!! I honestly joined MakeupAlley just to steer people away from this awful product. It broke me out very badly and I don't even have sensitive skin. My skin is dry to normal and it used to be blemish-free before I used this garbage. As soon as my day is over, I make sure to clean all my makeup off with an oil cleanser before going in with a cream cleanser and soft exfoliating cotton pads. Despite this, it still caused me to break out. I brought this back immediately to get my $12.99 back.

on 9/23/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Other wise, it has a really fabulous texture and I really wish it wouldn't inflame my skin. It really balanced my skin out. It moisturized my slight dry patches and absorbed everything but my extreme oil, and that was helped with a setting powder. Plus, though it doesn't have that much "healthy" ingredients and the packaging wouldn't have preserved them anyway, it had sunscreen and fab coverage. If you have sensitive skin(and maybe if you don't but have skin problems like I do), I wouldn't recommend this, but I guess a lot of people loved it.
This irritated my skin really badly. My skin was peeling and red and breaking out. I was using this alone, so I know it was this.
See, when I read the ingredient list, I didn't see the ugly preservative, which can inflame skin easily. I've never had a sensitizing reaction(I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin) so far, even when I used things with heavy fragrance or bar soaps or things with a lot of alcohol. Goes to show what the paraben scare can cause.
Neutrogena, don't be afraid to use parabens rather than using stuff you know can cause reactions. Also, can we get a pump?

on 9/23/2014 1:29:00 AM

I love this foundation! makes my dull dry skin look so glowy and fresh, I wish the shade selection was more wide I am very fair and the lightest shade is a bit to dark for me but I can pull it off. the fact that it don't have a pump doesn't bother me, I buff it in with my real techniques brush and love the results. I've heard this is a dupe for Nars sheer glow? but ither way this is a great satin finish will use up and repurchase.

on 9/15/2014 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used to love Healthy Skin liquid foundation, although this is not makeup for the acne-prone! Unfortunately I wasn't aware that it was making my acne worse, I loved how my skin shined and how soft it made it feel that I kind of dismissed the acne as being something I just had to live with and that no matter what I tried, I couldn't fix. I've finally made the switch to powder foundation and it has made a world of difference. That being said, Healthy Skin is actually a pretty good product, but it's suitable only for dry skin. It is very moisturizing and can get especially heavy during the summer. It's also runny and difficult to apply. They need to put a pump on the bottle.