April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

I don't really use this product every day (I hate having too much hair product build-up on my hair). I tend to use when my hair feels so uncooperative.

I have thin hair, as in thin by the strand but as a whole, my hair gets pouffy because I've done a bit of a damage to it. So whenever my hair dries and it doesn't dry the way I want to (sleek but with volume), I pump a small amount of this serum, spread it all over my palms, and generously apply it on my hair starting with the ends then going up.

Some people apply this with damp hair but see, damp hair doesn't necessarily mean dry. Damp hair has bits of water in it and I find it contradicting to apply this product while your hair is from wet to damp because this is basically oil and we all know that oil and water will never go together. So I tell you, apply this with DRY and not damp hair. Aside from actually seeing results, you don't waste the product.

I have to tell you though that if you really have dry and rebellious hair, this thing won't magically make it look hydrated and sleek. It doesn't weigh the hair down, I tell you. It CONTROLS the frizz but it doesn't miraculously gets rid of it in the long run. It is thin in consistency that's why it's easy to run on your hair but also thin enough to just tame MINOR frizz and not drastic ones. Also, if you have curly and really wavy hair, don't ever expect this thing to make it straight. This thing is an anti-frizz serum, not a relaxer.

I still love it because I normally don't get greasy hair with using this stuff like how it normally it gets greasy whenever I don't wear anything on my hair, which is odd.

This is practically ideal for me since I can't afford all the expensive anti frizz hair serum. And about comparing this with the kerastase oleo relax serum, well I've tried that and I can honetsly say that the oleo relax one is only by 5% better in sleeking out the waves of your hair. But this loreal one is better because it less than half the price of the kerastase one and does the job almost 95% as kerastase. (Wait why am I even saying this when kerastase in under the loreal company!)

So if you don't have that much hair trouble to begin with and you want something to tame your unruly hair every now and then without having to splurge money, then I highly recommend it.

PRO's:

-Affordable AS COMPARED TO other brands
-Makes the hair look manageable WITHOUT weighing it down
-Gives a good amount of shine WIHOUT making it look greasy
-DOES tames frizziness here and there
-Makes curled hair look so much more flatteringly wavy
-Hair feels smoother and healthier

CON's:

-The pump is out of control. I only need half a pump of this serum for my hair length, but it always pumps in full. You can never half-pump this.
-It's very hard to find this nowadays. I HOPE THEY DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS. :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by bibianchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is on the pricy side for drugstore brand ($8.99 for 3.4 FL), but it works great, better than the Super Skinny Serum by paul mitchell that I also like. When i done shampooing, towel dry my hair then I will add this, then blow-dry. I don't even need conditioner, this thing helps to seal the moisture better than the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

This is pretty amazing. My kind-of-frizzy hair is tamed by this serum. It doesn't leave my hair oily but a nice light glow to my long dyed hair. One pump is just enough for my hair. And I LOVE THE SCENT! It's so mild and pleasant. I can't stop sniffing the opening of the pump. (Yes, it's kind of weird, I realise that.)
I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this serum from when i start to color my hair and also to use a straightener.It is a nice product that you can use it on wet hair or dry hair.
I do use it on wet hair for dry ends and treat the frizzness.
I also use on dry hair after i straighten the hair.Is no oily finish ,the smell is nice and i love the pump bottle.
The price is alittle too big for the quantity u get.
I will rebuy it,is a nice hair serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this.
it's nice and not heavy.

the only downfall is the price vs the size.
i mean your getting to little for the price but i guess i can live with that

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was afraid to use this at first, thinking it would leave my hair greasy and tangly, but when applied to my hair wet and left to dry naturally, the result is very pleasing. Makes my hair look healthy, without being too 'shiny' and was a great price too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

I always re-buy this product!! last time I was in the shop it was out of stock so i ended up with John Freda Frizz-Ease, which was a waste of money as its not as good at all! I will go and buy the L'Oreal one again asap!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MoyMoyXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While it did make my hair feel soft and shiney, it didnt help with the frizz that much. I have wavy/slightly curly hair and it gets really frizzy if i dont use the right product, so this definately didnt serve its purpose for me. On a plus though, it was quite weightless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great frizz fighter. Not at all sticky or goopy like many of the other serums I've tried. I can use it on damp or dry hair, and I often mix it with a creme conditioner if I want more conditioning. Been through many bottles of this stuff.