Dior Miss Dior

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Such a pretty bottle, and the scent is light and sweet. However, it is a mature scent (do not confuse it with Cherie), and reminds me of Chanel Chance. I bought both at the same time and noticed how similar they were. Great to wear for any occasion and has good lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite perfume. I didnt even know that it was ancient i smelled it in a magazine and was like wooow what is this scent not too sweet.. not to anything.. just PERFECT.

on 12/29/2011 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this! It certainly blows the cobwebs out, as they say of a windy day here! It is bracing and seizes you by the throat initially! This is the scent of an independant woman who takes nonsense from noone! It reminds me of one of my French teachers - she terrified us into submission but she knew her stuff and got the job done! My only complaint is that it seems to fade too quickly! (Or maybe it just kills my sense of smell dead!) Oversprayed, you will lose the lining of your nose and induce headaches. Use sparingly, but what a blast! Love it!

on 12/21/2011 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is for the vintage, a sample from a very generous MUAer who is to kind to share. Ohhhhhh, my mom gave me this as a teen. All the girls were wearing Chantilly or something vanilla and cheap and she insisted I wear the fragrance for a young LADY.
This begins sharp and one cringes and shakes her head, oH, what happened to my scent! Then it begins to change and change and change. Warm, lady like, but with a kick. Yep! Mom was right, even at my old age of 68, still like it. Why did I not keep some of it? LOL, a question we 'fumistas are continually asking ourselves. LOL

on 11/20/2011 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a review of parfum, purchased in 2011.

A friend on leave in France picked this up for me. I can only imagine how breathtaking the original fragrance was -- I'm sure this is but a ghost in comparison. It's a woody chypre with, on me, a warm rose heart. What I really love about this perfume is the way it lingers close to the skin. I am, at this time of this writing, about 13 hours post-application and the scent is still sweetly there. A true classic. I hope some day to experience it vintage.

The notes are as follows: Top Note -- Gardenia, Galbanum, Bergamot, Clary Sage. Middle Note -- Jasmine, Narcissus, Neroli, Rose. Base Note -- Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Sandal.

ETA 01/2012: I chanced upon something labelled "Miss Dior" in Sephora. It is bottled like Miss Dior Cherie. This is NOT the same. The stuff in Sephora smelled like a dupe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and it's all very confusing. Whatever it is, it's not the same as this.

on 11/13/2011 11:33:00 PM

This has always been a favourite of mine. My mother and my grandmother wore this but they wore the original (nicer) version. Even though it has changed, I still think it's a beautiful classic fragrance and I will always have a bottle of this in my collection. Such a pity that the original formula has changed. It's definitely not the same Miss Dior I remember from my childhood, but I still love it.

on 9/22/2011 5:57:00 PM

Oh dear me! I have worn this for years and am now reviewing the newer version edt. I remember a breathaking chypre, sexy, mossy and warm. This is not only lacking in oakmoss as expected but also seems to have developed a harsh metallic edge. I will still buy as it has echoes of its former loveliness, but this once beautiful lady has had her face lifted too often and is now overtightened and harsh - sad.

on 8/3/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A very classy sweet and slightly musky fragrance which I have always secretly loved - old but I like it.

on 7/9/2011 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got a tester of this after buying a dior brush set and it's lovely. a very sweet girly Fragrance that lasts all day and the packaging is cute just like all dior products. i think im going to talk my bf into buying me the full size :)

on 1/10/2011 9:18:00 AM

1) Wonderful for overcast days and congested sinuses.
2) Has a very specific mood, upper-crusty, cerebral and melancholic (from a time melancholy wasn't a shame to be obscured by pharmaceuticals).
3) Not for teenyboppers and girls who want to appear all clean, candylike and cheerful.
4) Haunting mix of moss, greens, patchouli and woods.
5) Strongly reminiscent of Guerlain's Vol de Nuit - but less floral and soft.
6) Use a light hand!