Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Potassium Alum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Salix Alba (Willow Bark Extract/Extrait d'ecorse de saule), Usnea Barbata (Lichen Extract/Extrait de lichen), Sodium Phytate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

on 11/18/2012 3:15:00 PM

PROS: Protects well against odor. NO aluminum. Works better for me than The Body Shop's natural deodorant and the Crystal rock one. Price is right, especially at vendors like Vitacost. I don't understand some reviewers not realizing that there is a difference between deodorant and antiperspirant. This product is not supposed to lessen your amount of sweat. It is supposed to protect you from that sweat having odor.

CONS: The packaging is not good in that it disperses way too much product onto the armpit if I use the packaging as intended. If I let that much product go on to my skin, it takes too long to dry. (I just make sure I put very little onto the armpit skin and then use my hand to spread it around to the rest of my armpit.) I just wipe off the remainder on my hand onto some tissue or rinse it off in the sink. It's not that big of a deal because it doesn't leave a sticky or bad film on my hand if I'm not near a sink or tissue. In fact, if it stays on my hand, I would not be able to tell the difference.

APPLICATION TIPS: (see "CONS" above.) Shake before each use!!! Also, for times when I need added protection to stop sweating, I will use Secret's unscented Clinical at night. I then use a moisturizing body wash to get it all of in the shower in the morning. Then I apply as I described in "CONS" above. Perfection.

ALTERNATES: Crystal rock or some name like that The Body Shop has natural deodorants that have scents with them, but in my opinion, this works a lot better.

EDIT: This is working so great for me still.

on 10/9/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is literally the ONLY natural deo that works for me and my husband! We have tried LUSH, Tom's, other liquid rocks, this one works! I love the lavender scent, my hubby uses patchouli, and it lasts all day. Amazing product.

on 10/1/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was the first natural non-antiperspirant deodorant I tried. I still use it - in combination with my lavanila deodorant. I found that this does a pretty good job of deodorizing. But if I was especially active, or just by the end of a long day, I would start to get a little stinky. My boyfriend made sure to tell me so lol. Underneath the lavanila though (vanilla lavender scent), I stay confidently fresh all day. It is a bit of a pain in the butt to put on in the morning because I have to plan the rest of my morning routine around my deodorant, which is a little absurd, ha. It just takes sooo long to dry - I apply this and then apply all of my makeup and straighten and curl my hair before it is close to drying. Then when it is dry or almost dry I apply the lavanila and then get dressed. So yeah it is a bit of a pain but it is worth it to not worry about stinking and not be contaminating a sensitive area of my body with poison/blocking sweat from releasing those poisons.

on 8/30/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I admit I don't perspire much, but I do still need something. This hits the mark as far as odor killing goes. One word of caution: be generous in application and rub it around with your hand til armpit is almost dry.

At least it doesn't stain or show on dark clothing. I think it works as ell as any of the big name deo's, and no scent to clash with everything else you might be wearing.

on 8/23/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Pros:

- Fairly natural (no aluminum)

Cons:

- Works okay for being a natural product

- Smells like bug repellant

*Will repurchase in lavender most likely

***
11/11/12
It doesn't last throughout the day. I may the solid version in lavender though.

on 7/13/2012 3:05:00 AM

its awful!!! i meant it smells awful i have the body lotion and the body wash and i love them but this smells gross!!!!!! and after 10 min. the arms of my shirt were wet and I'm not a big sweater!!!!! and i also used a power an it diddnt help!!!!! DONT BUY THIS!

on 7/7/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff worked OK. It kept me from smelling bad for most of the day, but it didn't really smell nice when I applied it (not perfumey -- some people like no smell, but I prefer a bit of a nice scent). The only thing is that it contains aluminum (potassium alum) and it darkened the skin of my underarms.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is another natural deodorant that didn't work for me. I had this in the unscented roll-on. The container always seemed to apply too much or leak, so I usually just had to apply with my fingers.

This, like most of these products, failed on me about halfway through the day. (Sooner, if I got sweaty earlier.) Reapplying didn't correct the issue. It just didn't prevent BO enough for me.

on 3/13/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is a GODSEND!
I kept hearing good things about this and thought to myself.. well what will it hurt to just try.
I am VERY active and normally have to apply deodorant 2-3 times a day because my body chemistry is always changing.

I can put this on in the morning and after 2 hours of intense cardio and strength training while I am dripping sweat I had NO odor at all! I could not believe it and had to have my girl friend smell my underarms just to make sure I wasn’t crazy.. and sure enough.. NOTHING.. she couldn’t even believe it and now I have half the dance studio on this stuff.

Seriously some amazing stuff here.. in LOVE!

on 7/7/2011 3:40:00 PM

Best deodorant I've ever used hands down. Yes, it take a while to dry but it keeps me dry and BO free in this super hot Miami weather. Definitely will purchase again.

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products