September 3, 2014 | 1488 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by seenenough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff worked OK. It kept me from smelling bad for most of the day, but it didn't really smell nice when I applied it (not perfumey -- some people like no smell, but I prefer a bit of a nice scent). The only thing is that it contains aluminum (potassium alum) and it darkened the skin of my underarms.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is another natural deodorant that didn't work for me. I had this in the unscented roll-on. The container always seemed to apply too much or leak, so I usually just had to apply with my fingers.

This, like most of these products, failed on me about halfway through the day. (Sooner, if I got sweaty earlier.) Reapplying didn't correct the issue. It just didn't prevent BO enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a GODSEND!
I kept hearing good things about this and thought to myself.. well what will it hurt to just try.
I am VERY active and normally have to apply deodorant 2-3 times a day because my body chemistry is always changing.

I can put this on in the morning and after 2 hours of intense cardio and strength training while I am dripping sweat I had NO odor at all! I could not believe it and had to have my girl friend smell my underarms just to make sure I wasn’t crazy.. and sure enough.. NOTHING.. she couldn’t even believe it and now I have half the dance studio on this stuff.

Seriously some amazing stuff here.. in LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by joey444

Best deodorant I've ever used hands down. Yes, it take a while to dry but it keeps me dry and BO free in this super hot Miami weather. Definitely will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i've used this product for years and love it! i live in a super humid and hot climate and was worried about what would happen on a natural deoderant. i first tried this in the scents, lavendar and one other and i didn't like them. the scents turned weird to me. i finally got this in unscented and have never looked back. it's the best deoderant. i teach at the gym and i never have odor issues. a guy friend thought it was weird that i wore natural deo so i let him smell my underarm, after the gym no less and even he agreed. no odor. it took awhile to get used to my arm pit not smelling like baby powder or all the other scented deos on the market but once i got over that it was fine. i'm lucky this works with my body chemistry through all seasons and hormonal changes. deo is a very personal thing and body chemistries definitely come into play but i would give the unscented version of this a try. you can always use scented lotions and body sprays as i do for smelling good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't use antiperspirants or any commercial deodorants, especially the very fragrant ones. Not because I'm "so natural", but I happen to have extremely sensitive armpits, and most stuff applied irritates my skin.

I tried many natural deodorants and none really worked, or worked for a short amount of time. The most annoying trait was that some worked wonders on my skin (no stink even after 12 hours), but the sweat that sank into my clothes reeked to high heaven :( The exception was baking soda applied to pits moistened with witch hazel, but this combination, although it was a true miracle worker as a deodorant, turned my armpits to raw meat after a week.

The Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant is by far the only one that is a keeper. For some reason it also blocks some perspiration, at least for me. Not enough to be called an antiperspirant, but still...

I use the unscented version only, the scented ones tend to get smelly on my skin after a couple of hours, especially the lavender one. Strange, since lavender itself has deodorizing properties.

The packaging is ugly. But who cares? :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 9/22/11- I got about half way through the lavender scented version using it a couple times a week when it developed hard crystals in the solution and became uncomfortable to put on. I still used it occasionally but the crystals were a deterrent. So when I made my usual order at vitacost i picked up a newer version they've come out with, for "sports", it has a green tea cucumber scent that is extremely light, barely noticeable. This new version works even better than the last. I wore it today because I packed my Secret and didn't want to dig through my suitcase to get it, I was in the car for 6 hours today (80 degrees and humid) and had 3 client appointments, and I expected to be able to smell myself by the time I got to the hotel, but even at the end of the day I was odorless and hadn't sweat hardly at all. The only reason I didn't used this every day before is because it wasn't as effective for my long busy active days, but if it keeps up with this performance I absolutely will use it everyday.

This is the only natural antiperspirant I've used that's actually worked at blocking not just odor, but more importantly, sweat. I've tried Tom's, Jason Naturals, and the Desert Essence one that claims to be an antiperspirant, none of them came even close to doing the job, and I'm not that sweaty of a person.

I bought the lavender scented one, but the scent is very very light. I don't really care about a scent as long as it keeps me from sweating, and this does. I still wear Secret or another aluminum brand when I have really important meetings and I know I'll be doing a lot of walking around or traveling in the car for long periods, but this product works well the rest of the time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gave me a ton of irritation under my arms...and I've used rock deodorant before. Plus it's super wet and takes a really long time to dry. not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gatoEK1Smalo

I have been curious for a while about natural aluminum free deodorants, but always thought they wouldn't be effective, at all! But I bought it compulsively one day and decided to give it a try.
To give this product a fair shot, I used it for a full day. Put it on early in the morning after showering, I must say this stuff goes on very wet and it's kinda messy for that reason (I am not used to roll-on deodorant so I'm not sure if this is always the case). I had to stand in front of my air conditioner with my arms in the air in order for this stuff to dry fast enough which was slightly annoying.
I went on about my day, shopping, running around in NYC humid summer weather (85 degrees today, eek). At first I didn't like the idea of deodorants since they don't keep you dry, they only neutralize odor, but after running around for a day, I stayed dry for the most part.
During the middle of the day, I noticed being really itchy under my arms and when I saw I had an irritation that stung to the touch. I was dying to get home and wash it off so the stinging could stop but after an hour or so the irritation went away, so I guess I can still use the product. Can't be sure the irritation will happen again.
This stuff also stayed effective while doing some household chores for a few hours.

It's close to bedtime and still dry and no odor and I must say I am impressed. Lasted a lot longer than I expected. I was expecting to reapply during the day and I didn't have to.

I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Natural deodorants have always been on my list of things to find, but have never really had great luck with. Figured these were worth a shot after reading the reviews on here. I've bought lavender first and patchouli after that. I used lavender for a few weeks and while I love the smell of it, I felt it fell short of odor blocking (for me anyhow). For someone who needs light odor control definitely try this. I was iffy about the patchouli version at first because while I generally like the scent of patchouli if you overdose on it you end up smelling like a hippy commune. This deodorant has a medium strength patchouli scent. Not too heavy, but not faint. You'll also want to let it dry before getting dressed otherwise it feels weird. I simply apply right after I get out of the shower and let it dry while I'm putting on all my skincare stuff.

This version is much better for odor control because it works with my body's natural scent and I end up with pleasant (mildly) earthy armpits. I ended up loving the scent. No reapplications midday and it really lasts all day. I get this for $6 at my local health food co-op, so it's reasonably priced. The real test will come this summer when it's 90+ degrees and the humidity is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife. So far it's HG material!