November 27, 2014 | 1237 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Eye shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by shwinky

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

just got my first 3 MUFE e/s today, 92, 84 and 311. Best purchases of my life. I have never used eyeshadow like these before, from the pigmentation, to the texture, everything is a DREAM. I can't wait to buy more colors, hands down best e/s I've ever used in my life. Better than MAC and NARS !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Had to add my review here too. I love these shadows like all of you do. I could repeat everything already said but it will be enough to say, I agree. The colors are amazing, the texture is top of the line, and so is the staying power. The main reason I wanted to add a review here is to tell you all how I get around breaking a nail, or chipping my polish when I open these. I use my metal nail file, or any flat, thin, object and put it under the little lift thing, give a light twist up and poof, it is open. Works everytime and no chips! I love the containers because they do stay closed. No mess, no waste, but hard on nails unless you use something to open it with. One side of a tweezer works well too. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ulula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's kind of hard to describe why these are so special but here goes. I have a lot of eyeshadows from various brands I like for very different reasons and some I am willing to spend $$$$ on (Nars) but nothing outperforms MUFE. If I couldn't afford a little extra I wouldn't buy Nars but I would scrape the cash together for this. They are worth every penny. Unfortunately I don't have much of a stash because I already invested in other brands before finding this.
-It is extremely finely milled but unlike some finely milled shadows it isn't soft or crumbly. There is zero fallout. It's almost microscopically milled. Not only will pigment not land under your eyes it also won't pile up loose in the pan or fall off your brush. It's so smooth, fine and precise it's almost more like an inky paint than a powder. You can even do fine, totally opaque lines with it with an eyeliner brush.
-A lot of shadows are heavily pigmented but can be so dark they are hard to blend out. This is so heavily pigmented it is totally opaque in swatches but if you want to blend it it will fade out. If you want to layer it it will layer. It's going to magically do whatever you want it to do unlike a lot of shadows that can only go on intense but then won't blend.
-Several of their shades have a very unusual matte finish. It is hard to find good mattes especially matte brights but their matte colors are not at all powdery or chalky or drag queenish. They are like a velvety kind of matte. Just totally pure, butter smooth color.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deretsun

Great eyeshadow with a great variety of colors. I can wear this dry for everyday use, or use a damp brush to apply it for a stronger look. It's a bit pricey but I'm willing to put in the money for a good quality product. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It all started with the purchase of the infamous #92 since then I have been trying to purchase all of the. These eyeshadow are great they are not hard to blend at all. I use them with Make Up Forever Flash colors. They are a bit pricey and the container can be hard to open but it's nothing that would prevent me from purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by spoka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful, vibrant colour that really stays. As mentioned, the packaging leaves something to be desired.
I own just one shade as of yet, a very luminous purple... and I have found that it is difficult to blend. I wonder if it's just that a bright purple is hard to work with, or if the shadows are just made to ultra "stay-put".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging got knocked down a notch because they're difficult to open and I'm afraid I'll dig my nail into it trying to open it. These are gorgeous and they stay put all day! Basically that means you'd better move fast in the blending process. Oh how mesmerizing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I recently ordered #76 (beige) #3 (Eggshell) and #161 (cinnamon). They are all matte finish and are definitely not like any matte eyeshadows I've ever tried. #3 is great highlight and blending color. #76 is the all-purpose beige color and #161 is actually a blush not a shadow. They are very silky and pigmented. They have nylon in them which would explain why they go on so creamy. They are very pigmented, and have a different finish than Mac matte or Urban Decay matte shadows. They are a bit pricey, their shadows are a lot larger than MAC or Urban Decay. I recommend giving them a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by shontay01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hands down the best shadows on the market. These babies leave mac in the duct, sorry. High pigment, breathtaking color range and cheap for the quality, these babies are the real deal. Sleek packaging and a plus because it's magnetic so that if you buy an empty mufe palette you can pop these babies right out and place them in the palette. My HG shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by mira646

The best thing about these eye shadows are the colors--it's nice to find things that don't have sparkle, shimmer and glitter in them for a natural look. I'm always looking for shades of violet- or rose-based brown to emphasize the natural color around my eyes, while also complimenting my skin and natural hair. Stila generally has good shades but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and Sonia Kashuk has good colors, but unfortunately there are no easily accessible Target stores in San Fran if you don't have a car. I spent about half an hour milling around Sephora until I found this. #164 is perfect, a matte, rosy light brown that is perfect with a peach blush (the picture at sephora.com is significantly lighter and nothing close to the color I have, so don't go by that).They don't crease which is very nice, but they don't stay on too well, so a primer is needed.