August 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Eye shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ulula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's kind of hard to describe why these are so special but here goes. I have a lot of eyeshadows from various brands I like for very different reasons and some I am willing to spend $$$$ on (Nars) but nothing outperforms MUFE. If I couldn't afford a little extra I wouldn't buy Nars but I would scrape the cash together for this. They are worth every penny. Unfortunately I don't have much of a stash because I already invested in other brands before finding this.
-It is extremely finely milled but unlike some finely milled shadows it isn't soft or crumbly. There is zero fallout. It's almost microscopically milled. Not only will pigment not land under your eyes it also won't pile up loose in the pan or fall off your brush. It's so smooth, fine and precise it's almost more like an inky paint than a powder. You can even do fine, totally opaque lines with it with an eyeliner brush.
-A lot of shadows are heavily pigmented but can be so dark they are hard to blend out. This is so heavily pigmented it is totally opaque in swatches but if you want to blend it it will fade out. If you want to layer it it will layer. It's going to magically do whatever you want it to do unlike a lot of shadows that can only go on intense but then won't blend.
-Several of their shades have a very unusual matte finish. It is hard to find good mattes especially matte brights but their matte colors are not at all powdery or chalky or drag queenish. They are like a velvety kind of matte. Just totally pure, butter smooth color.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deretsun

Great eyeshadow with a great variety of colors. I can wear this dry for everyday use, or use a damp brush to apply it for a stronger look. It's a bit pricey but I'm willing to put in the money for a good quality product. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It all started with the purchase of the infamous #92 since then I have been trying to purchase all of the. These eyeshadow are great they are not hard to blend at all. I use them with Make Up Forever Flash colors. They are a bit pricey and the container can be hard to open but it's nothing that would prevent me from purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by spoka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful, vibrant colour that really stays. As mentioned, the packaging leaves something to be desired.
I own just one shade as of yet, a very luminous purple... and I have found that it is difficult to blend. I wonder if it's just that a bright purple is hard to work with, or if the shadows are just made to ultra "stay-put".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging got knocked down a notch because they're difficult to open and I'm afraid I'll dig my nail into it trying to open it. These are gorgeous and they stay put all day! Basically that means you'd better move fast in the blending process. Oh how mesmerizing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I recently ordered #76 (beige) #3 (Eggshell) and #161 (cinnamon). They are all matte finish and are definitely not like any matte eyeshadows I've ever tried. #3 is great highlight and blending color. #76 is the all-purpose beige color and #161 is actually a blush not a shadow. They are very silky and pigmented. They have nylon in them which would explain why they go on so creamy. They are very pigmented, and have a different finish than Mac matte or Urban Decay matte shadows. They are a bit pricey, their shadows are a lot larger than MAC or Urban Decay. I recommend giving them a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by shontay01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hands down the best shadows on the market. These babies leave mac in the duct, sorry. High pigment, breathtaking color range and cheap for the quality, these babies are the real deal. Sleek packaging and a plus because it's magnetic so that if you buy an empty mufe palette you can pop these babies right out and place them in the palette. My HG shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by mira646

The best thing about these eye shadows are the colors--it's nice to find things that don't have sparkle, shimmer and glitter in them for a natural look. I'm always looking for shades of violet- or rose-based brown to emphasize the natural color around my eyes, while also complimenting my skin and natural hair. Stila generally has good shades but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and Sonia Kashuk has good colors, but unfortunately there are no easily accessible Target stores in San Fran if you don't have a car. I spent about half an hour milling around Sephora until I found this. #164 is perfect, a matte, rosy light brown that is perfect with a peach blush (the picture at sephora.com is significantly lighter and nothing close to the color I have, so don't go by that).They don't crease which is very nice, but they don't stay on too well, so a primer is needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought #112 (Dusty Rose) to use as a blush and it is tied as my HG blush, puts almost all of my other blushes to shame! (I have one Lise Watier Fard a Joues en poudre Blush-On Powder "Rose Cachemire" that is very similar to this, a shade cooler with a tinge of shimmer) It is the perfect mesh of peach and pink on my NC/W 15 skin, isn't powdery at all, goes on like a dream. The salesperson told me that the eye-shadows and the blushes are all formulated the same way and can be used interchangeably.

I was looking for something light, as all my other blushes were starting to look a little bright and dark, the lighter my skin got from staying out of the sun. This fits the bill perfectly and gives me that "Just in from the cold" or "Just been kissing" look, which at my age, is pretty lovely. It reminds me of the shade you would see on a lot of fair actresses: a light flush that looks healthy, flirty, feminine and not overdone. I feel absolutely gorgeous in this blush and admit that the vast majority of my other blushes (almost entirely Mac) don't get much play since I found this one.

I am rarely one to care about the look of packaging, but the packaging is bloody annoying. When I first bought it I was so enamoured I wanted to open it on the street, but I was terrified I would drop it as I tugged at the magnetic opening. It's not a "snap" as they say. And, because I am using an eyeshadow as a blush, it's a smaller circle and so I have to dab my blush brush around in little dots to make sure I get an even amount on my brush, or else I will get a streaky look.

Nevertheless, it's such a gorgeous shade. I do wish they would put this shade into a blush container as I go through many little eyeshadows. Will repurchase "forever"

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnaFish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow. I have #'s 127 and 165 and I can use them for about 99% of the looks I want to create because they are so nicely pigmented and build/blend so beautifully. They last so long and I love the texture, soft and satiny without being drying. And since the color is so dense I don't need to use a lot, and each disc lasts me months, which is the only way I can justify the price. (Even so, $18 hurts! I knocked a lippie off because of it.) Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I can't get the magnetic latch on the packaging open right away, but on the flip side, that same latch means that I never, ever have eyeshadow all over my makeup bag like with plastic latches.

I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend.