Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 11/13/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this cream. I have pretty normal skin but it is very sensitive to certain things. My skin gets really really dry when it gets cold out, so I use this cream every night before bed. Since using this cream, I have yet to wake up with a dry face. I don't know why people think it smells like "old lady". I happen to love the smell.. It is light and not obnoxious. Most of the other creams I have gotten for super dry skin are way too oily and I don't like that. This one is light enough but does a great job. I do not think I'll ever buy a different heavy moisturizer again.. Love it :)

This is a great cream. Except for the tub, which I do think is a pretty design but not that hygienic. But oh well, I'm not a germaphobe.
The fragrance is light, the cream is nearly weightless, and I use it on my face and body. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy like Cetaphil.
Great for summer and winter. For overnight, I sometimes add some Vaseline to the mix for extra moisture. It wears well under makeup and although it does have a strong smell in the jar, that fragrance doesn't cling to me all day. Would I prefer something totally scent-free? Maybe. But I already bought this a few times, so I'm pretty happy.

on 11/8/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I actually have normal/oily skin but I live in the New England area where the winters are extremely dry and cold (averaging 0F-10F) so my skin instantly starts drying and getting flaky after I wash it.

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air
- consistency is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin

on 11/8/2014 1:45:00 PM

I never thought I would like this the smell is kind of
old lady, but I tryed this and it has really helped
I always bought the most expensive I guess you
pay for the name brand but it is not always the best.

on 10/11/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It has an extremely strong fragrance, as others have said it smells like old lady. I found it extremely off-putting but nevertheless I still wanted to try it. I should have stopped after the smell. I have sensitive skin so some of the most random products can mess with my skin. This one ruined my skin. Instead of moisturizing it, my skin got very dry, red, and itchy. I only used this for three days (only at night) and I couldn't continue because my skin was dying. I introduced this product to my skin by itself so I knew it was the culprit. Patch testing doesn't seem to work with my skin so I didn't know the adverse reaction I would have. It took weeks to get my skin back in to check. Be careful trying this product if your skin hates fragrance like mine. If it smells too strong, trust your gut and don't use it.

on 9/13/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer on my legs & arms during the summer because it leaves my skin smooth & makes my legs look great after shaving. They look smooth, soft, and they glisten. There's no scent which is great for sensitive skin. It has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like the generic non-scented lotions. My issue with this lotion is for people with sensitive skin on their face. I figured since it worked so well on my body I would give it a try on my face. Don't use it on your face whatsoever if you are like me. I broke out within a few days of using it on my face. I had tiny little red bumps all over my cheeks & my face stayed red even when I didn't have the lotion on. Overall, I do adore this lotion on every part of my body but my face so if you want a lovely body lotion, go for this one!

on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

My first thought once I opened Ponds Facial Dry Skin Cream: "This smells like old lady."
However once I put it on my skin, I didn't care! It's hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive skin, doesn't clog pores, AND it's dermatologist tested! So, you can feel safe using this product.
It's a pretty heavy cream, so a little bit goes a long way. I put it on during the day after my morning cleansing only if I don't plan on wearing makeup. Otherwise, it makes my whole face look greasy. I would recommend using this as a night-time moisture surge!
I have noticed lately that it comes on very thick and heavy, but eventuality starts to fade after about the first hour of application. Not sure if my skin is really dry or if it's the product. With that, if you have oily skin, I would not recommend this to you! I have combination skin, and this lotion makes my T-zone and chin really oily.
I would buy it again simply because I think it does moisturize my face and that's the whole goal here. It's inexpensive. It comes in a cute little tub. Plus, I feel like this is every Grandma's secret to silky, ageless skin.
Enjoy Sweet Peas! :)

on 8/31/2014 1:26:00 AM

I was looking for a simple, soothing cream to alternate with my retinol lotion. This is perfect. It's so calming that any redness in my skin disappears after a couple hours. I used to think mineral oil was a no-no, but did some reading up, learned that's a myth, and went ahead and tried the Ponds. So glad I did. It moisturizes really well, doesn't cause me to break out, and feels great on my face. I happen to love the old-fashioned scent. This is a comforting and effective moisturizer.

on 8/21/2014 9:14:00 AM

I had began using Cold Plasma Sub d and I noticed it have me extreme dry skin around base of the neck. It was like a circular patch of leather. I almost cried it was horrific looking and felt really disgusting. I tried expensive creams to try to soothe it and nothing. In desperation I tried this. Within 3 days the leathery patch was gone an skin was supple. This cream was a lifesaver and inexpensive

on 8/11/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Since I've started using heavy duty acne fighting products (Tazorac and PanOxyl)for my hormonal acne its been as dry as the Sahara desert. I was using Nivea but I didn't feel like ordering the German made one that I love and Im on a seriously restricted budget right now. So I picked this up at wal-mart for like $5 for a large tub and now I cna honestly understand why so many women swear by this cream. Im using it twice a day. In the morning I apply it fairly lightly since it is summer but heavier at night like a night cream. I have some dry patches around my mouth and it cleared it up overnight. It's amazing for eyes. Every eye cream I try irritates my eyes but this keeps them well moisturized and happy. One thing that I was surprised it did do is help fade some of my hyperpigmentation and red marks from a bad hormonal breakout. It has not clogged my pores or made me breakout at all. If anything, Im now breaking out far less with my current routine plus this moisturizer. I may not ever go back to Nivea since this cream is budget friendly and easy to find. I even went and got a travel size to keep in my purse as its also amazing for hands, feet and dry spots.

Even though I breakout at 42 from my hormones, my once oily skin is not really oily anymore. I learn more toward the sensitive, combo to dry breakout prone category. I stay far away from silicones if possible because I found that they clog my pores more than anything else. Happy to say this cream is completely cone free which is why some acne prones can still use this. Mineral oil is not bad for you. I see most of the negative nellies on mineral oil tend to be of the younger generation that read too many poorly researched articles in Glamour/cosmo etc. Mineral oil is very safe and has been proven to be a superior oil when it comes to moisture retention in the skin. It is non comedegenic. Makeup will make you breakout and get clogs far more than any mineral oil ever will. Its been used well over 100 years in creams for a reason. It works and it works well.