Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 12/27/2014 2:26:00 AM

My face gets dry all year round, especially around my nose. It starts to peel and itchy when dry. I use this product all over my face after I shower and even before I apply makeup. It's good. I like it but I agree I'm not a fan of it being in a jar. Oh well, works for me ! Yay.

on 12/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. Perfect for the winter months (I'm in Chicago where the winters are brutal, especially since i have about a 2 mile walk outside everyday to get to work from my train) I use this for my night time skin regime. The scent doesn't bug me too much, and the scent fades away fairly quickly. The jar is a bit bulky and ugly but my hands are always freshly washed before i dap my finger tip in it. A little goes a long way.

For reference, before i use this product i also use L'Oreal's Age Perfect Glow Renewal face oil(i'm 30 years old). Even with the two products together, my face never feels greasy/oily and it feels so soft and looks amazing in the morning. seriously i dont even have to wear makeup on my "lazy days" and i still get a bunch of compliments on how glowy my face looks.

on 12/22/2014 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like many other reviewers, I tried this product during the colder Winter days. It's been my savior. The cream itself is really moisturizing and helps with all my Winter related dry spots. I use it at night mostly and my skin was quite soft and hydrated when I when I woke up. It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sin which is obviously a good thing.
However, I really disliked the scent it had. I also hate that it's in a pot.
But it gets the job done. So 4 lippies for that.

on 12/22/2014 6:29:00 PM

LOVEEEE. It leaves my skin smooth and makes my legs look AMAZING after shaving. Yeah. There's no scent which is great for me but this has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like no name generic unscented lotions. This is two thumbs up as a great body lotion. Muah. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells good and moisturizes my dry skin. Cost runs around six to seven dollars for a 6.5 oz jar. How can you beat the price for a good moisturizer?

I don't mind using jars. I always wash my hands well before removing and applying makeup. The only complaint I have with this jar is the opening could be larger. When I am near the bottom of the jar, have to angle my fingers in an odd way to reach the moisturizer. Solved the problem by using an inexpensive spatula to reach the moisturizer.

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

I was in the market for a more heavy duty cream to tackle the sporadic dryness I experience to my eyes, cheeks, and skin around the corners of my mouth. I was really undecided, trying to justify $15 for a drugstore cream when I saw Pond's Dry Skin cream at a fraction of the price. I've been using it daily and I have been really pleased. As I get older I have developed some skin sensitivity issues, and I thought for sure I would be banished to using only scent free products. Thankfully, this scented cream hasn't been a problem at all. You can apply it with a heavy hand, but a little dab will do ya just fine. This pot is going to last a very, very long time. Excellent value for the money. The only reason I'm taking away a Lippie is die to the lack of any SPF. Yes, I wear it at night, but I love it so much I've been using it (lightly) as my daytime moisturizer, too.

on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This cream has worked well for me or at least I got compliments on my skin after using it. In fact it may have been the best moisturizer I have used. Unfortunately, out of all these paraben scares and such I decided to not take risks even though the cream itself wasn't bad. This gives minus one star. Another because I am not the biggest fan of the scent. It isn't too strong though. Perhaps I may buy this again and use it moderately as it was a good cream. Until I find more research that says all these chemical/paraben scares are wrong then I will probably use it a lot more.

on 11/13/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this cream. I have pretty normal skin but it is very sensitive to certain things. My skin gets really really dry when it gets cold out, so I use this cream every night before bed. Since using this cream, I have yet to wake up with a dry face. I don't know why people think it smells like "old lady". I happen to love the smell.. It is light and not obnoxious. Most of the other creams I have gotten for super dry skin are way too oily and I don't like that. This one is light enough but does a great job. I do not think I'll ever buy a different heavy moisturizer again.. Love it :)

This is a great cream. Except for the tub, which I do think is a pretty design but not that hygienic. But oh well, I'm not a germaphobe.
The fragrance is light, the cream is nearly weightless, and I use it on my face and body. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy like Cetaphil.
Great for summer and winter. For overnight, I sometimes add some Vaseline to the mix for extra moisture. It wears well under makeup and although it does have a strong smell in the jar, that fragrance doesn't cling to me all day. Would I prefer something totally scent-free? Maybe. But I already bought this a few times, so I'm pretty happy.

on 11/8/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I actually have normal/oily skin but I live in the New England area where the winters are extremely dry and cold (averaging 0F-10F) so my skin instantly starts drying and getting flaky after I wash it.

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air
- consistency is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin

Popular Moisturizers