November 27, 2014 | 1279 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by lac925

Where has this been all this time??? I have dry, rough patches on my cheeks and by my nose (that always tends to become red and irritated) and I think I've tried every moisturizer out there from the cheap no-name brands to the more expensive brands, and none of them seemed to work right. I've even tried Vaseline Problem Skin Therapy, which is really thick and heavy but it seemed to work. I was running out, and I wanted to try something different (once again!), so I picked this up. It was super cheap ($4.97 at Walmart) and I was a little skeptical, but it wasn't expensive so I figured "What the heck!"

I...Love...It! My skin doesn't feel dried out within an hour of applying it and I like the consistency of the moisturizer. I only use a dab for my cheeks, chin and forehead - it goes a pretty long way; I'm still using the product that was on the lid! I agree about the packaging not be the most hygienic - but I'm sure you could put it into a travel pump or something.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with this. For something so cheap, it works really well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A lovely hydrating moisturiser for dry skin, the Ponds Dry Skin Cream is a sensational product. A thin application of the product before you go to sleep will leave your skin feeling lavishly silken and very well hydrated in the morning.
For such an affordable night cream I was blown away by the lovely fragrance. The smell of Ponds Dry Skin Cream faintly reminds me of baby powder, with a slight floral undertone. The smell isn't overpowering, but serves as a nice, added bonus to an already lovely cream.

Be wary of how much you use, however, because a thin layer is still very hydrating. If you find yourself breaking out then it might be worth using less of the product, and using it only in your dryer areas. Furthermore this is advertised as a day cream, but I would never use it as a day-time moisturiser because it's way too heavy.

I love this product, and I'll continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by prinzessin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE this stuff!!! My skin is soooo dry and sensetive, i break out VERY easily, i also have lots of allergies to products. I have spent a fortune trying to find a decent moisturizer and this one is definitely my HG moisturizer. It is really thick so you have to be careful when using it or it will get really greasy on your skin UNLESS you are going to use it as a night cream. I like to use a little extra before bed so when I wake up my skin feels baby soft. A little goes a very long way. A lot of people don't like the pot container but I don't mind it, I think it's a bit cute. Also, some people are afraid to use it because of mineral oil that they think will clog their pores ad ot let their skin "breathe". DON'T WORRY. That is a myth. Skin does not "breathe" it gets what it needs from your blood circulation. Yes some people break out from mineral oil but everyone reacts differently to different ingredients. Mineral oil is ok for your skin and it creates a barrier that stops moisture from escaping your skin. So give this a try before the ingredients scare you away!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

Unless you have flaking crocodile skin , don't get this . This moisturizer is so god damn oily !!!!! Why ????? I litterly feel as if I'm putting oil on my skin , that's the ingredient , oil !!!! It's so bad it makes my face really shiny as soon as I put it on even when I put a lil , and it feels so heavy on my skin ?! Even tho it says it won't clog pores I couldn't help but feel like it was giving me break outs . At the end of the day I look like I have oil on my face , everytime I out this on I litterly cringe . I get so irked !!!!! Thank god I bought a new moisturizer !!!! If you have super dry cracked skin to the point where ur skin is peeling , try this . I recommend this at night tho. Because during the day it just sits on ur face!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by misscaandy

It's weird how I THOUGHT I loved this product. I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now and didn't think anything bad of it, until now. Recently, I've been breaking out, REAL BAD. I had those little colorless bumps which seem to never go away and are only getting worse. I didn't think it would be Pond's moisturizer because I've used it for a long time now, why would it start breaking me out now? I'm the type of person to wear makeup every weekday and allow my face to breathe on the weekends. I noticed that every Sunday night, my skin seem to look a bit better. I do use this moisturizer as a base for my foundation and I always cleanse my face when I get home. I stopped using Pond's for a couple of days and it seems as if my skin got a bit better. I decided to give it a chance to fully determine whether if this was the culprit of my acne. In the morning, I put this on along with my makeup, come home, wipe off my makeup, BAM, a few painful pimples on my inner cheeks.

Did I love this moisturizer? Hell yeah, last year. Was it moisturizing? Yes, a bit TOO moisturizing. Sadly, it did break me out so I have to break up with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Creolepastry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too thick, brought more acne. Clogged my pores and made my skin feel+look greasy. 👎👎👎

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My face used to be dry, flaky, and scabby.
Now it is soft and smooth, just because I used Ponds!
This is a pretty thick cream, not as thick as night creams but more thick than say, lotion, so it could be used for day and night. I apply it every evening before I go to bed.
It also has a very fresh scent.
But the only downside is it's too thick to be used under makeup (at least for me), but oh well it's still a great product.
For anyone who has extremely dry skin and needs something to heal it, I definitely recommend this product! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Moisturizes skin without being greasy, doesn't break me out (I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin), it's lightweight and the skin absorbs it really fast. It also has not made my skin burn after applying, which is awesome! I really love this brand, the makeup removing cold cream being my all time favorite Pond's product (the container with the lime green lid). For the quantity, you get a ton of product for what you pay for, so this is hella cheap! A great pro if you ask me!
Now, for the cons, I have no problems with dry skin, and this provides me just a right amount of moisture, I just use this before makeup or after washing my face if I feel it's a little dry and it works. So I feel if you have some REALLY, super dry elephant skin type this won't work for you. I know women with mega dry scaly skin and this doesn't even begin to help with their dry skin problems. Also, the container could be a little more hygienic! A bottle with a pump is so much more clean for application than a pot in which you sink your fingers into every time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by DianeFiona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite moisturizer. It is best suited for dry skin or normal skin types. I have been using this for over 15 years. I have tried other creams but always come back to this. I have dry skin in the winter, I find this helps. Pond's dry skin cream absorbs into my skin, leaving it feeling so smooth. The cost of this cream is cheap, which is an added bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by xMadHatterx

Background on my skin:
I have combination skin where it could be oily on some days and dry on other days. I just wished my skin would pick one or the other and be over with it, but life isn't always so good to me like that. I have always been trying out new and different lotions and creams on my face until I could find the right one and stick with it, and I hope this one is for me.

Pros:
1. Easy application
2. Made my skin smooth and soft.

Cons:
1. Has an oily feel to it, only apply this on in mid day to some patches of my face which I am feeling is dry or I apply it on after the shower and at night.
2. Caused me to break out the first few weeks of using it, but after my skin got used to it, it hasn't really given me much trouble.
3. Not a fan of the smell.