September 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by 4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Took the sample off a catalog. Don't know what it does for wrinkles/pores etc , don't have any but did nothing for oil control and skin felt smothered. Washed off and used regular trans powder and looked great. don't know what purpose this is supposed to server?? put on my eyebrows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

This is my hands down favorite primer. I've tried several others including Sephora and Smashbox as well as the Monistat everyone raves over. I liked Smashbox but it broke me out, this one doesn't. I still prefer this one over any other. It is a pain since you have to order it but it performs better than any other I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by chrissyjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was a primer virgin until I got a sample of this product in the mail. Now I can't imagine wearing foundation without it! My skin is softer, smoother, and less oily than with foundation alone. One tiny complaint is that it feels a little drying in some areas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is another one of those products that I oh-so-slyly mentioned to my mother-in-law, "You know, if you want to get me something I REALLY use for Christmas..."

I believe I mentioned going to Hell in one of my other reviews. Yep, I'm going.

I had used several sample of this from the DHC catalog and they oddly ranged from creamy smooth to thick and almost flakey. I think it depends on the age of the primer and if you use the packet more than once, air gets to it and dries it out.

In the tube, however, it maintains the creamy consistency necessary for a pore minimizing, eyeshadow-adhering, fine-line filling primer. Oddly enough, if I'm going to use it for filling in the dreaded "11s", I prefer it to be drier as it spackles those suckers in like no one's business.

However, currently I use VSC as a fine line reducer and eyeshadow primer. It does leave your face a little coated feeling, especially if you are like me and only wear powder with no foundation.

Not too difficult to wash off. I don't like feeling like I need a belt sander to remove stuff that is supposed to make me pretty.

Expensive? Hell yes, but not if your hubby's mom is buying it. ;)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG for primers to use instead of foundation. It glides on with ease. Just a dime's worth, and my whole face is covered. And it really does make my pores disappear. It doesn't disguise blemishes as well as another primer I've tried, since it is opaque and not tinted, but I tend to want to use this on good skin days anyway. When my skin looks near good enough to go without, this primer is all I need to keep me looking nice all day. The drawback is it is a silicone product, which means careful washing at the end of the day to make sure it is all gone. But it's worth it for the fresh, dewy look. I'll keep buying this as long as they keep making it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by specialribbons

This product does exactly what it advertises. It fills in pores and makes your skin feel like velvet. Unfortunately, it broke me out. This would be HG status if it wasn't for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have gone from NEVER using primer to considering this HG status in 2 uses!! Recently I have been discovering the world of primers and this, along with UD Primer Potion, have introduced to me the beauty of being able to pull off brilliant, bold, makeup that I never thought I could do. Eyeshadows, and liners stay bright and in place. At the end of the night I don't look like I just slept in my M/U! But back to this product, using DHC's primer makes me feel like I have a beautiful, fresh, poreless canvas to begin with. It's gentle, no fragrance, and hasn't clogged my pores. I can actually get away not using foundation, just concealer for blemishes and powder! If I do wear foundation, it looks flawless...Loving this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jennylou311

excellent product that works well. I can even wear it alone with just a little MAC powder over it to help keep my skin matte. It is a little expensive and I think there could be a better way to package it so you can get all the product out. Overall though I like this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this and was excited to try it after reading several online reviews. I was very disappointed overall with the results. The product balled up and rolled off certain areas of my face. While it did hide large pores, it also felt heavy,and seemed to smother my skin. I have oily skin, and although my objective is to control the oil, I din't believe that trapping it in my suffocating the skin is a healthy way to achieve the desired result. Seems to suffocate the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my eyelids and under my eyes to prevent my powder eyeshadow from creasing and my mascara from migrating. Serves as a nice, smoothing base and has eliminated that creased raccoon look that used to plague me.

On the lid itself, I apply the product and top with face powder before using eye makeup. Under the lid, I'll apply the primer, use concealer, and then put face powder on.