July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in clear

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is ridiculously gooey and drying on the lips. Not to mention, it is clear. Did I say its CLEAR? And how many clear glosses can you buy for a cheaper price that are do not have a consistency of honey on a January day in Minnesota? Tons. Some people justify the higher cost of a lip gloss by the unique color. But when it has no color, why would you buy it over something less expensive? It makes no sense to me. If I wanted a clear gloss, I'd get something dirt cheap like ELF or NYX. (Those have better formulas, too!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lyra12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little goes a long way. You can pretty much make any kind of lipglass with this using any brand of lipliner. The clear lipglass gives the same moisturizing effect as a MAC tinted lipglass, all you have to do is add a bit of your own color, which is what I do.

Now, the product itself is a bit sticky, but it helps the product to last a long time on your lips as well as giving your lips superior moisture throughout the day. I love the stuff, it's really helps in conditioning your lips especially if your someone who is prone to having dry cracked lips like myself.

But remember, a little goes a LONG way! Use it sparingly, don't glob it on!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The reviews on this are very mixed, and after buying this and using it for a while, I can see why. This is definitely not a gloss for everyone.
If you hate sticky or thick gloss, stay FAR, FAR away from Lipglass. This stuff is like a sticky, gooey, viscous liquid. It coats your lips and you can definitely FEEL that it's there, so if you hate that in a gloss, I don't recommend this. If it gets in your hair or on your fingers, it's gonna be a hassle to get out. I wouldn't eat or drink while wearing it either. This isn't low-maintenance stuff. It's impractical, and inconvenient - but it's also AWESOME.
I personally love the feel of wearing Lipglass, and I love the way it looks. Nothing else I've ever seen or tried gives such a ultra-glossy patent leather shine to your lips. I always wear this over MAC Blankety, it's the ultimate high-shine nude lip. When I wear Lipglass over lipstick it easily doubles the staying power. And the glossiness makes my thin lips look a bit plumper and nicer. Another nice thing is the fact that it doesn't dry my lips out at all.
I have mixed feelings about the packaging. While I like the tube, it's a little messy. I think it's simply because they fill the tube SO much that until you use up some of it, it's a little hard to get the amount you want out. But I'm not complaining about getting more product. The only thing I don't love about this is the price. I feel like it's too high for such a simple item. But because I love the results, I guess I'd buy again... So MAC is playing the game well here.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by bettygrrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I believe this was the first MAC product I had ever bought!!! I had a best friend in High School who always wore just this one her lips and they had always looked luscious and perfectly pouty. She would rave up to the high heavens about how this was the best thing from MAC. I bought into the gimmick, due to her spectacular looking pouty lips!...boy, will I never do so again! This lipglass is the stickiest stuff on the planet and thick to boot! It's like putting extra thick honey on your lips! Sure, it looked great...but this stuff was hell! If any wind caught a few strands of hair, it would fly straight to your lips and be a pain to try and take off...and don't forget having lipglass on random places on your face! It also did nothing in the way of moisturizing your lips, so they would get dry and weirdly flaky when removing. Crusty lips with the lipglass slathered on all over does NOT equal cute! Also, the cap to this container seemed to always come undone...I always had lipglass all over the place...in my purse, on the counter on my dresser...totally a bummer. I will never buy this crap again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda underwhelmed with this. I thought this was sticky as hell & quite thick, which shocking as it may be to some people, is something I love & look for in lipglosses. It's sticky yes, thick too, but no more than a regular lipglass & it's not crazy shiny either. I was expecting this to be so shiny that people could see their reflection on my lips with this baby on! but alas, it's like the regular lipglass in that department too. Oh well, doesn't hurt to have this in my stash to sticky up some smoother glosses that I hesitate to buy & use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by PoesAnnabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Admittedly, I can see why a lot of people would dislike this product : extremely thick and sticky. Some even say it's far too shiny for them. I gotta say tho, I have always loved lipglass, and have been wearing it for five years now. The shine is absolutely incredible , a look I enjoy so much that I ignore the sticky. I don't wear it to the store or anything, but it really adds that extra oomph when going out, or when I'm sporting heavy eye makeup it is nice and subtle. It did earn the nickname from me : "The I'm Not Kissing Anyone Gloss" because it is, in all honesty, sticky. In spite of that I still have to give it the thumbs up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Ok, this is very shiny. Too shiny, one might add. That's all it is though: A shiny, wet-looking gel. Yes it does give that sexy look to your lips, but at what cost? Both metaphorically and literally. It's way too sticky and not moisturizing at all. It really feels icky and disgusting on, and it does the same job conditioning your lips as paper would. There are so many other products out there that will give the same heavily glossy effect, but with a few moisturizing/conditioning properties to them as well. I don't think anyone needs to splurge on such an overrated gimmick.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by h0n3yd0ll

This was the 1st ever MAC product I ever bought(I was like 15 in high school lol)! I love the extreme gloss-y effect of this lip gloss.It can get pretty messy if you keep it in your make up bag so be cautious.I always carried travel size packaged napkins/tissue so if I did need to re-apply gloss I can use the napkin/tissue to wipe away the excess gloss b4 i apply the cap and after...just in case.

I love to wear this alone or over any lipstick.I'll definitey keep buying this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's true, this does give your lips an incredible sheen, especially over a favorite lipstick, but it's a STICKY MESS once applied. For some reason, I feel like the tube is eternally sticky, and makes your makeup bag pretty disgusting. And if the wind blows your hair onto your lips while you're wearing this, forget about it--you'll have goopy, sticky hair for the rest of the night. Not recommended...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by missnat521

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipglass to wear by itself, but mainly over lipsticks. I love the shine it gives.