April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by cravemakeup9

Ok this is a one week mask kind of thing. If you do it everyday literally your face will burn for a few minutes and breakout. With that being said...Once I see a breakout coming thru I use this and the next day!! BAM clear smooth face! It has a cool minty feel to it but once it dries up it feels funny and stops tingling. This product is really strong so I would recommend another mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

I bought Queen Helene's scrub because her facial mask was okay and inexpensive. First, I don't recommend using it on the face. The product is too abrasive. I didn't mind because I planned on using it to shave. However, the smell was something I really detested. I will go back to using apricot scrub (St. Ives or generic).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleared my skin up and completely smoothed my face over. Pores? Gone. Blackheads? What are those? Redness? None. My face went from feeling sweaty and icky and oily from no AC in my house and ninety-degree temps to smooth and cool and refreshed and, well, gorgeous. IN ONE USE. OVERNIGHT. It was astounding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this scrub. Run to Sally's, pick it up, and don't let anyone have any. Ever. Nope, never.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that I feel like I SHOULD have come across earlier yet never did ! I bought it at Sally Beauty Supply as a "filler" to get free shipping. It has become my go to facial scrub in the shower. It has a very refreshing scent and the beads are so gentle that I never feel like it's cutting into my skin yet it sure does give my face a smooth polish afterwards. Will definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub is different..it has very very small exfoliating particles. I like it! Sometimes I prefer using a scrub with larger breads, but this one really gets the job done without pulling and tugging on the skin. I will probably buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jennbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of my very favorite facial scrubs, I have been using it since I was 15, now 23. I have combo/sensitive skin and it has never broken me out. The granuales are not rough, goes on smooth and leaves skin silky soft afterwards, with a bit of a glow. The twist off lid can be a hassle in the shower though. I use this around 3 times a week. Will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This scrub is OK. It is not harsh like st Ives but still can break you out simply because apricot or walnut powder pits inflame the skin very fast leading to break out explosions.
My experience with this product: For my sensitive skin this did not break me out like st ives (see my reveiw for it) but still occasionally it does give me small bumps & acne.
Texture - Sand like or feels like very very fine crushed sawdust like texture. It has no apricot pieces or chunks big or small. I think that too much Kaolin in this overpowers the fine crushed powder making it almost diffcult to get any exfoliation. If you use water on your face the powder exfoliator dissapates or dissolves in seconds even befor you can exfoliate well (just use a few drops of water on your fingers little by little & keep exfoliating do not use too much water) This doesnot exfoliate but it is basically for those who want to buff their skin surface very lightly to make them look freshed face or clean. I always keep this as it is gentle compared to st ives at least. No explosive break outs even on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Sheneedsacure

I had hormonal acne that started around 21 years of age (never had bad acne as a teenager) and it has resolved/remained under control at age 24 now. After spending at least a couple thousand dollars on treatments I was able to combat it with birth control (yaz) and really good facials/chemical peels. At this stage in life my skin is uneven in tone but smooth and without active pimples.

I picked this product up on a whim from a drugstore. I have experience with the masque. It works great on drying active pimples. So the first time I used this scrub in the shower I absolutely loved it.

It resembles some costly products in its effectivity because it's granules are fine and not abrasive. It leaves your skin feeling soft and exfoliated. Your skin will glow afterwards.

I can't say that it will work for you because everyone's skin is different...but if you have normal/oily skin that is not high maintenance but can benefit from a good buffing once a week then I would recommend this product. I will definitely continue to use it...even my husband is hooked!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gave me the worst breakout in my history. I was lucky that in all my teenage years, I literally had 6 pimples and they were very tiny. This made me look like I was at a bee-keeping orgy. Yes, that bad. I had to do my first peel ever to get rid of that breakout. And yet, Iīd one day would buy it again or recommend it because it makesa a great hand scrub. It leaves my hands baby soft. Other than that, this is not good for breakout prone people or...then again, I canīt say, I have normal/dry-ish skin and this broke out on me. Just be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply wonderful stuff. I use it daily in the shower to exfoliate my super oily face and it is a miracle worker. The smell is nice, the granules are fine enough that they don't irritate my skin, but still manage to get rid of the dry skin on my forehead and nose. It leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed, shine & debris free but not raw or tight. A flip top lid would be nice but luckily I saved one from a different product and it fits perfectly. Yay!