October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Pressed Powders - T. LeClerc - Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2003 7:40:00 AM More reviews by martini2000

I bought this famous powder in the shade "sable" yesterday and it definately wasn't a win for me!!! It looks apricot in the packaging, but comes out really white. It made me look like a ghost - I'm fair, but this is almost white on the skin. Be really careful when selecting a color by Le Clerc. I will return it today!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2003 10:31:00 PM More reviews by becca3180

Very cute compact, but I didn't like this at all. It looked very cakey/mask like on my skin and changed colors by the end of the day. Also made me break out. I *love* the loose powder, but frankly, the pressed version just sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2002 10:39:00 AM More reviews by jellybeam

It's such a gorgeous powder, I got the Banane one and it looks very luminous on my skin. A definite good investment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2002 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oil absorbing. In my opinion, one of the best powder shade selections in the industry. Seems pricey but you don't need a lot at a time and lasts forever. Excellent presentation. I just hate the sifter system. Needs to be re-designed so there is no waste and mess when you open the canister or try to use the powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2002 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: convenient form, great looking compact; COMMENTS: average performing pressed powder, comes with a velvet carrying case

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2002 6:06:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third compact of this in Banane. The prettiest compact around (note how Stila nicked the brushed aluminum concept for their compacts!). Easy to apply too much with the puff though; a brush really works better, but I love the puff application because it's so 1940s MGM. I love the texture, the scentlessness, the way it makes my skin glow, the satisfying snap! it makes when I close it. Everything I ever wanted in a compact.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2002 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Paniscus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why people like this powder...it goes on me sooooo chalky, chunky, and grainy! I swear, it has the texture of baking soda to me. I powder my nose w/it and I can see little grains/balls of powder on my face, EVEN when I apply it lightly w/a brush. Disgusting! And to add insult to injury, it's $45 in the US. This stuff just flat out sucks, IMO. If you *must* splurge, go for the loose powder, at least it's *average* (not worth $45, but much better than the pressed!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got the pressed powder in banane-oh,where have you been all my life?It makes my skin look flawless and the compact is gorgeous.Only two caveats-the puff is rather flimsy,and the price is high,but this is a good quality item,and IMO worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2002 9:46:00 PM More reviews by miispiggie

Wow... I can't believe I waited so long before purchasing this wonderful pressed powder. I bought one in Abricot. The shade matches my skintone perfectly, leaving a healthy looking finish (as opposed to cakey, matte powders). I only needed to touch-up during the day and evening and it lasts. The packaging is in their signature tin, reminiscent of the old French powders. Although it was rather expensive, I think it's definitely worth while as I was told that the content will last a long time and the consistency does not change. T. LeClerc can be found at: eluxury.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2002 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Gorgeous stunning pressed powder. Comes in a beautiful silver compact, very nice! This is absolutely the best pressed powder I have tried. Really mattes the skin and it stays that way... all day long! It cant be beat. I got Translucide and found it to be just that, translucent. I love this stuff!