T. LeClerc Pressed Powder

3.6

on 2/18/2003 7:40:00 AM

I bought this famous powder in the shade "sable" yesterday and it definately wasn't a win for me!!! It looks apricot in the packaging, but comes out really white. It made me look like a ghost - I'm fair, but this is almost white on the skin. Be really careful when selecting a color by Le Clerc. I will return it today!

on 1/3/2003 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very cute compact, but I didn't like this at all. It looked very cakey/mask like on my skin and changed colors by the end of the day. Also made me break out. I *love* the loose powder, but frankly, the pressed version just sucks.

on 10/30/2002 10:39:00 AM

It's such a gorgeous powder, I got the Banane one and it looks very luminous on my skin. A definite good investment!

on 10/9/2002 5:47:00 PM

Oil absorbing. In my opinion, one of the best powder shade selections in the industry. Seems pricey but you don't need a lot at a time and lasts forever. Excellent presentation. I just hate the sifter system. Needs to be re-designed so there is no waste and mess when you open the canister or try to use the powder.

on 9/13/2002 9:03:00 PM

PROS: convenient form, great looking compact; COMMENTS: average performing pressed powder, comes with a velvet carrying case

on 7/1/2002 6:06:00 PM

I'm on my third compact of this in Banane. The prettiest compact around (note how Stila nicked the brushed aluminum concept for their compacts!). Easy to apply too much with the puff though; a brush really works better, but I love the puff application because it's so 1940s MGM. I love the texture, the scentlessness, the way it makes my skin glow, the satisfying snap! it makes when I close it. Everything I ever wanted in a compact.

on 5/4/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure why people like this powder...it goes on me sooooo chalky, chunky, and grainy! I swear, it has the texture of baking soda to me. I powder my nose w/it and I can see little grains/balls of powder on my face, EVEN when I apply it lightly w/a brush. Disgusting! And to add insult to injury, it's $45 in the US. This stuff just flat out sucks, IMO. If you *must* splurge, go for the loose powder, at least it's *average* (not worth $45, but much better than the pressed!).

on 4/19/2002 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I just got the pressed powder in banane-oh,where have you been all my life?It makes my skin look flawless and the compact is gorgeous.Only two caveats-the puff is rather flimsy,and the price is high,but this is a good quality item,and IMO worth it.

on 3/4/2002 9:46:00 PM

Wow... I can't believe I waited so long before purchasing this wonderful pressed powder. I bought one in Abricot. The shade matches my skintone perfectly, leaving a healthy looking finish (as opposed to cakey, matte powders). I only needed to touch-up during the day and evening and it lasts. The packaging is in their signature tin, reminiscent of the old French powders. Although it was rather expensive, I think it's definitely worth while as I was told that the content will last a long time and the consistency does not change. T. LeClerc can be found at: eluxury.com.

on 3/1/2002 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous stunning pressed powder. Comes in a beautiful silver compact, very nice! This is absolutely the best pressed powder I have tried. Really mattes the skin and it stays that way... all day long! It cant be beat. I got Translucide and found it to be just that, translucent. I love this stuff!