September 2, 2014 | 2035 users online

Eyeliner - BeneFit Cosmetics - Eye Bright

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish Eye Bright came in a cream/compact as it's a great color for brightening under the eyes. My circles aren't dark enough to warrant a real salmon-y concealer, so this works well enough on its own. It can get drying though so I need to be careful with application. This works great under Stay, Don't Stray.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I picked this up on an impulse, wanting a quick and easy shortcut to highlighting my eyes. Perhaps it's my fault for not using it properly... but how else am I supposed to use it? Did nothing for me - made me look like I have faint lines under my eyes, made me look rather tired. I'm glad if it works for you - definitely doesn't for me, though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I allowed myself to be talked into buying this by a Benefit SA. I am not one to be easily convinced or coaxed into buying something, but I have used some Benefit products that have worked well for me. Unfortunately, this would not be included in that group.

The idea is to use this as a highlighter under the brow, on the inner corners of the eyes and even under the lid. I thought this would brighten up my undereye area. But the product is not easy to apply and goes on chalky. I also noticed that it doesn't have much staying power. You have to keep reapplying it during the day.

I was convinced that this would be a good undereye brightener, but I cannot recommend it for that purpose. It's not creamy enough and doesn't blend well. This was a real disappointment. By contrast, I have been using Ooh La Lift under my eyes for a number of years. I use it after applying my concealer. It's kind of a last minute touch to give a little pop of brightness under the eyes. This is a creamy pinkish liquid that goes on smoothly with the felt tip applicator. I can blend in with my fingers or my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. I think it does a great job.

This was a waste of money, because I just didn't use this Eye Bright much at all. I really didn't need that. Oh well, live and learn.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I got it in a set because its not something I would normally buy or even probably consider buying or looking at.

-it's a very light natural pink color.
-brightens up the water line
-can be used anywhere on your face that needs some color correction. I've used it in dark bags (ugh) under my eyes to kinda reflect light. Sides of my nose where it's red, etc.
-this really is a multi use product that, on me, is neither drying or too oily.
-sets good with powder or with one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Obsessed with this product!!! I don't have bad under eye circle, just some redness that comes along with not getting enough sleep or just being tired. I put a little bit of this sucker on around my eyes and it totally brightens and wakes up my entire face. This is a MUST HAVE for most of us who just don't get the required 8 hours of sleep a night. It really sets well and helps keep my eye makeup in place. Great product. Cannot stop raving about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by grkangel3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i find this product completely useless. love their lemon-aid. this stuff just makes me look old.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light pink-toned pencil that has shimmer. It's alright, but you can't get a good consistency by dragging the pencil over your lids. The pencil is too hard to do that and the skin around your eyes is fragile. And god knows I hate applying things with my fingers. Don't bother, it is not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little pricey for what it does. After a while, mine has become dryer and dryer and I have to apply with my fingers, because I don't want to drag a dry pencil around my delicate eye area. Now that mine is down to the half-way point, the product has separated from the wood, so I can't sharpen it anymore. Wouldn't re-purchase for those reasons alone.

As for the color, it's a beautiful cool light pink - but I don't notice any obvious miracles when I use it, at least not like they SAID I would! I've used it on no makeup days, just to even out my eyelids - but even then, within a few hours, it creases.

Just a blah product, not worth the money. Why do i always fall for the Benefit hype? It's just that it's such a CUTE company...everything looks like so much fun. I'm such a sucker, I could spend hours adding reviews here for Benefit products I have bought over the years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by J01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a free gift when I signed up to a magazine. I would defintely re purchase this item. I put a little underneath my eyebrows and it instantly brightens up my eyes. I also sometimes put some on the outer corners of my eyes but I dont really see any difference when I put it there. Its not the same as just putting white eyeshadow underneath your eyebrows as this eye bright gives it a more natural look and its not obvious that you have something underneath your brows. I think its worth it to purchase this item !

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Nida007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pencil is just okay.
When I apply it.first of all with the passage of time the pencil gets hardened and then gets dry and makes the whole face look chalky under the eyes.
Its good for using it on the bridge of the nose..the color is absolutely beautiful. You can use it on your cupid's bow to make your lips look nice..

Its hard to sharpen though! and TOO expensive for a stupid brightening pencil. Overall i would still buy this product and recomend it for "highlighting" purposes NOT for concealing!