July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ABOUT MY SKIN: My skin in one word is temperamental. It has a life of itís own. In all the places that itís oily it also gets extremely dry. I also have quite a lot of acne, not cystic but ALWAYS there. My pimples, whiteheads and blackheads can happen over night and leave the next morning or they can be there for more than a week without me even touching them. Iím 16 and live in Melbourne, a city with weather even more temperamental than my skin.
ABOUT THE SYSTEM: After more than 6 months of religious use I have seen almost no improvement. Yes the product would mostly ďkeep it at bayĒ but nothing major ever happened. The texture or clarity of my skin or even the redness never dramatically or even a little changed.
The first days that I used it all the products were over drying. My skin started to peel and become super dry, I went back to Clinique and bought Moisture Surge Intense, which worked like a charm and I have no complaints with that (if you have dry skin itís a must).

CLEANSER: The cleanser felt good, tingly at first but I donít think that it really deep cleansed and I feel like there was not enough in the bottle. The other products went a few weeks longer than the cleanser and I only used the recommended 2-3 pumps an application. I like the fact that it was foam and not a gel that you would put on a light exfoliating pad.

LOTION: Not sure why this is called a lotion, I always thought that a lotion was like a thin liquid but anywhoo this was my favorite product from the line. Yes it has alcohol, which is usually a big no-no, but I think it can be beneficial when used only for a small period of time and not for extended regular time. My skin felt nice after this, dry and tight when I didnít moisturize though. It always got rid of dry, flaky skin and made me feel fresh.

MOISTURIZER: I think Clinique just called this a moisturizer to make it a system like the other 3 steps. This is more a treatment, even though it did nothing for me. This had absolutely no hydrating benefits. It had a nice texture and almost no scent for me, which is good considering that Clinique does not add fragrance. When used without another moisturizer it was drying. I also used Moisture Surge Intense after this and Advanced Night repair after the lotion. (I STILL DONíT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS DIDNíT WORK FOR ME. WHY LIFE WHY!?)

WEEK 1: Within a few days my skin starts peeling dry. I get MSI and it fixes right up. Hopeful.
MONTH 2: A little purge period and my skin got quite oily. It kind of goes away.
MONTH 4: This is where I am still hopeful of good things happening. Noticing more drying. Bought a 2nd set.
MONTH 6: Still do not have Kim Kardashianís skin. Also do not have skin with improvement. Stop using and look for other things.
MOTH 7: Clinique is now on my ďlistĒ

FINAL VERDICT: I donít know what the problem was that it didnít work on me.
I donít touch my face; I used all the products twice a day, I change my pillows twice a week, I donít use crappy makeup, I wash my hands and sanitize them before cleansing and such, I didnít use other products and I donít eat bad food either.
I sound crazy I know. This did nothing for me I used it for almost 7 moths and almost $240 AUD later my skin is no better. I sound like I never saw my skin before and trust me Iíve seen enough pictures to decide nothing much has happened. Iím deeply disappointed and really sad I thought I could trust Clinique ☹
P.S I stopped using the system for a week or so and started on the PTR samples I wanted to use and in that time I really noticed that Clinique kept it at bay. In that week I was getting a few cystic acne bumps.
I will now turn to Peter Thomas Roth for some solutions, still looking for my HGs *sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by yanling1989

I've been suffering from moderate to severe acne since I was 13 and been on Accutane 2 times. 6months after the course of Accutane, my skin never fails to revert to its original acne-prone pimply state as it is before the course. My skin will always have 3 - 7 active spots at any point in time. After using this set, acne still grows at the same rate, albeit the size of each reduces by a little. I've been using this full-sized set for 1 month, will continue using till it is finished to see how it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MindyC93

i've been using it for 6 weeks and my skin is the worst ever! at week 3 i thought it was going to give me a positive result but no, it was going worse and worse until now. i'm so dissapointed, given that this product is really pricey. it works only to dry out my pimples but it doesn't prevent. i have small pimples all over my face, not forgetting the super ugly scars! i went back to the consultant and he said it was just purging effect coz those were small pimples. but i'm still using it tough to finish the product because many say it takes time and it's too pricey to throw it away. i now hope that my skin will get better when i use it for longer period. but 6 weeks are considered long enough for me. god help me please. i look awful!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dittedip

I've been using these products for 1,5 months, and they haven't improved my skin condition at all. I don't have severe acne, but I always have between two and seven irregularities in my face. I think that after two weeks of use, my pores were minimized a lot - and that is the only upside I found about this product! It has made my skin extremely dry. Not even after two layers of lotion would it moistourize my scin properly. And I now have just as many irregularities if not more. :(

I am definitely not going to spend that much money on such a poor product again. My skin is thirsting for moisture!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST product ever !! I started to get pimples when i was 16 yrs old,.,. i actually made my skin worst buy over cleansing my skin with acne products, see i never had acne to begin with , i created acne buy cleaning my skin to much ,in my mind i thought cleaning my skin more frequent will get rid of the pimples i have on my skin but actually it made me breakout more and my skin was dry and irritated,., that's when i found out over washing your skin is bad for acne ,i was desperate and sad so i checked on Cliniques website about the acne solutions and i really wanted to buy it , i thought this product was the one that will cure my problem ,I was WRONG!! i have oily skin and this thing dried my skin so bad especially the foam cleanser and when i put on the toner it made my skin really irritated , then i put the benzoyl peroxide lotion on my face and it felt like my skin was burning and it felt like i had a greasy residue , it made my skin 10 times worst and i got depress and i was crying because i felt like i wasn't myself anymore ,i didn't want to go to school and i actually missed days of school just because of my skin problem , i was sick and tired of these "acne products" that tell you that it will cure your skin and all it did was make your skin worse ,and i quit using all of it ,Just because it costs more doesn't mean it will work better ,., i started to wash my face with Chamomile Tea because my skin was really irritated, my skin cleared up quick when i started to use the chamomile tea and my friends also noticed , i weared less makeup too, then i started to research here on the internet about Acne and fill my mind with wisdom :) , If i can go back i would changed everything i did on my skin , i was horrible to my skin. I can stress this enough,., if you have acne on your skin DON'T use Harsh products it will only make it worse!! Don't believe that saying "that it will get worse before it gets better" its a complete Lie ,. the nicer you treat you skin the nicer your skin will look.,I learned my lesson ,.,

Now i treat my skin gentle , i try using natural products to clean my skin like greek yogurt, green tea , oatmeal and chamomile tea , and to get rid of my makeup i use a Gentle cleanser called Purpose cleanser , but i don't rub on my skin i touch it as gentle as possible, and for spot treatment i use Acne.org Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, i also moisturizer my skin ,.,,eating healthy is also a big role for you skin eat fruits and veggies,. i also drink green tea ,chamomile tea and i drink fish oil pills and I drink a zinc supplement that is good for acne ,.,. and i had moderate acne when i was 16 , i had mild acne when i was 17 ,Now i have light acne and i'm 18 ,hopefully next yr i get clear skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Martina1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great formula BUT it might not work for everyone.
Let me tell you my experience.. I have a VERY oily skin with huge pores, probably a type 5 or 6 if they could exist in the clinique skin types. But in the same time my skin is sensitive and reddish. So I always had trouble to find decent products. Acne prone skin products were always too harsh and sensitive skin products way too rich and greasy for me.
In the past I used various cheap and mid-priced products (Neutrogena,Nivea,Clearasil,Clean and Clear,Johnson & Johnson,Vichy,Loreal,Garnier) and none of them was ideal. Normaderm by Vichy was pretty good though.
After a friend's suggestion who is obssesed with Clinique,I decided to give it a shot and go for this luxurious (bit pricey) treatment.
Step 1 : The Foam Cleanser is GREAT. So mild but SO effective. It cleans gently your face and removes excessive oil,sebum and impurities.
Step 2 : Well..I'm confused here. The Clarifying Lotion is pretty harsh and provoked the redness on my face!! It really absorbs oil though and removes impurities that cannot be seen with the eye.
Step 3 : Wonderful smell(some users say that it smells chemical...seriously??) and light texture,ideal for oily skin. It feels so smooth and it is quickly absorbed.

I am already using it 1.5 monts now and although Clinique is a brand mostly famous for its effective 3 Step Products,I have to say that I am quite disappointed. Each product individually,seems to be very good,but the result is not what I expected.
My face flared up. I got so many pimples and large bumps!!! I really worried that my skin is ruined for good. I haven't seen my face like this since junior highschool. Even my mother noticed that I was having noticeable more pimples. Before using the set,my face was pretty clear,oily of course and only 2 or 3 pimples occured,which was easy to cover them.
I want to think that I am just purging and that the impurities are coming to the surface,otherwise I can't explain what is going wrong.
I keep on using the set because I want to give it a shot,and because I feel that the products are cleaning my face so good.
A big pro is that they minimize the pores and the oilness,which is great for me.
I will certainly use them until they run out and then I will decide if I am going to buy another set. Perhaps I am going to purchase more natural products.
To sum up,I believe that they are a great choice but if you are expecting immediate results and a flawless skin,you are going to hate it. You have to be patient,tolerate the new arriving bumps and deal with the time that it is needed to see a clear face and reach your goal.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cct

CLINIQUE ANTI BLEMISH SOAP BAR

I bought this after chatting to a very lovely Clinique saleswoman about my problem, combination/oily, breakout prone skin with dry patches. Not normally over-sensitive I opted for the soap bar as a cleanser for morning and night. Now, I'm usually dubious about a product that you can use on your face AND your body considering the skin is completely different on each area. However, I was only planning to use this on my face so went for it.

The packaging is beautiful. The soap dish is sturdy and lid stays on well. Initially the bar comes wrapped in silver paper with a little clinique sticker to seal which was also a nice touch.

The soap is completely fragrance free and doesn't leave your skin overly tight or dry as you would expect (at first).

The morning after first use I woke up to dull, flaky skin - so dull that it looked grey despite my night time moisturiser. Any current blemishes looked no different.

I am now sitting here with my face covered in big, red, swollen angry looking spots which aren't shifting. My whole face is also sore and red. It had also been flaky and dry but thanks to an emergency purchase of Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk that factor has disappeared!

One thing that attracted me to this product is that 'apparently' it doesn't actually purge the skin, rather it diminishes current pimples and prevents more from occurring.

I'm not sure if the non-purging detail was misinformation or not but I have stopped using this product and certainly won't be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sophiehunt1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I've had oily skin and acne (varying from medium to pretty severe) all throughout my teens and into my early twenties. A course of the notorious Roaccutane had cleared it aged 19 and certain contraceptive pills had kept it under control since, but recently, aged 24 it was getting to the point where I had at least 5/6 visible swollen (sometimes whitehead) blemishes on my face at any time. I felt too grown up to still have teenage skin!

All I can say about skincare I had used in the past (everything from Neutrogena wash to benzoyl peroxide lotion supplied by my GP) was that at best it didn't make things worse. I never felt anything made things better though.

I was skeptical about in-depth skincare routines - my mum is a soap-and-water, dab of Nivea woman and has lovely skin - I didn't believe spending lots of money would solve anything.

A couple of months ago I had had enough and caved, feeling flash went to Debenhams to talk to the Clinique lady (who was so helpful, sympathic and lovely). She sold me the starter pack (£30) so that if I found it didn't work I wouldn't have spent like £55 on the big set. She also gave me a sample travel pack so I got basically the same again for free, but with a soap bar not foam wash.

4 months later and my skin is COMPLETELY CLEAR. And has been for 3.5 months! It started working after about 2 weeks of religiously following the 3 steps morning and night. After then sometimes my skin got a little dry, tight and flaky, but if this happens I leave out one step for a couple of days and use a facial brush (nice soft ones in Boots) to gently exfoliate to get rid of the flakes.

PACKAGING: Good, sturdy, well made. Only thing I'd change is I'd have a flip top on the clarifying lotion as it's a bit awkward and I tend to drop it a lot trying to get it back on with one hand whilst holding the cotton wool!

FOAMING FACIAL WASH: first impressions - smells a bit funny (like cheese?!) and your hands and face need to be wet, but lathers up nicely and leaves skin feeling refreshed.

BODY AND FACE BAR: lathers up really, really well - my fiance uses this to shave with if he's out of foam. Nice and gentle but very effective - good to use on your chest/back in summer if you get spots there, too.

CLARIFYING LOTION: this is an absolute GEM of a product - it's so good to see the dirt/makeup coming off your face onto the cotton wool, even after you've washed it - so you don't go to bed with it sitting there clogging up your pores! This exfoliates your skin gently and if you have any spots threatening to pop up, this sorts them right out. Minimises pores, too!

MOISTURISER: first impressions are, what the hell is this, it smells clinical and is a strange consistency but TRUST ME - STICK WITH IT! Use it sparingly. Makeup goes over it easily once it's settled in after 5 minutes (I use the foundation in this range too, which is ACE). It controls my shine throughout the day whereas before my face would be an oilslick as soon as the sunlight hit it. I use it in the morning and evening too if I have any visible beginnings of spots, which never get any further. If not I use Aveeno positively radiant night cream, which doesn't aggravate my skin and gives it a moisture boost.

YES this system is pricey, but my first lot of starter pack and samples lasted 4 months - so if you use sensibly it can last a long time and it's worth it for something that works. It's not an instant fix but when it starts to work, it WORKS. Like a treat! Clinique like to give you freebies too so you can get more for your money if you go to the right places.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have rubbish, teenage skin my whole life and now it's just one less thing to worry about.

When my fiance kisses my face all over I am reminded how once that wouldn't have happened, and I am so happy. Thank you Clinique!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

this 3steps is more suitable for sensitive skin.not for acne prone skin.my face skin goes bad after using this product, I don't know wh
ether it goes bad due to changing the new skincare products, but my previous GARNIER skin care for acne prone skin is much better and cheaper than this 3steps.
However, I have to admit that all the products from this 3steps are soothe and calm but not to stop the pimples.Well, it doesn't combat the pimples not prevent the future acness, too.i hate it.my face now becomes very acne prone from slightly acne prone.and this 3steps are expensive,especially in my country.hate it.why i added 1 lippie rather than put only 1 lippie, because they soothe and remove dirt amazingly but not to combat the acnes.so, HATE IT!!!and the packaging are good.not easily broken and luxurious.
while it worked quite well when the skin consultants from clinique counter tested it on my hand skin. At first i was amazed and the consultant said it would work better on face skin because hand skin was thicker than face skin,but it was totally wrong.
My Garnier is much much much better and i'd prefer Clarins than this 3steps but I have to use up this products first before I purchase other skin solutions.
So please don't waste ur money to buy this 3steps.I'm dissapointed with this solutions.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by jassimcmae

i started using this about 1 week ago and let met tell you, my skin is breaking out really badly! hopefully im just 'purging', but if i am truly breaking out, then let me tell you, this product is definitely not good!! expensive too! and im get all kinds of pimples too sadly! white heads, cystic pimples!! argg... go elsewhere! not even drugstore brands have done this to my skin before :(