December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my tried and trues. I love this mascara. It's a wet formula mascara. It doesn't smudge, clump, or flake. I've had a tube of this consistently for years, now. Delivers excellent length and volume. I use this one as as a base coat, sometimes, then layer. This easily out performs many HE mascaras. Try this one in Carbon Black.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of the BEST drugstore mascaras out there. This is seriously better than most high end ones. It doesn't smudge or run and comes off easily. It doesn't clump or flake either, which is the most important things to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara for over six years and still love it. I've strayed now and again, but I always come back to it. The brush is fantastic and the formula makes my lashes long and thick without being clumpy--not to mention the fact it's cheap and you can find it pretty much anywhere.

However, I will say that it takes a few uses for the mascara to hit its "sweet spot." I'm not sure why, but the first four or five uses aren't impressive... Regardless, don't let that dissuade you from purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by aberg1991

So far, I'm really diggin this mascara. The make up items in my drawers are a pretty wide range of price, I'm not someone who picks up crappy products just because I'm poor, but I'm also not someone who goes all out and buys expensive stuff just because it's expensive so therefore it should be a good product. One thing that I absolutely refuse to spend more than $10 on is mascara. I have pretty long lashes that aren't thicker than a forrest but they aren't thin either, so I go through a pretty decent amount of it. And for a product you are supposed to replace every three-ish months I really just can not justify spending $25+ on a tube...that's over $100 a year on mascara alone! No frickin way. So after all that, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm on a pretty constant search for the best of the drug store mascara's because I feel that there are a wide array of decent products out there that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for. I rarely have used the same type twice, because I'm definitely a person who keeps searching for something bigger and better if I'm not 100% satisfied. I really enjoy this mascara so far. It's my first tube that I've ever tried of this particular kind, and I think it does great things for my lashes. Like I said, I have decent length lashes, so it doesn't take much to make them look a little bit longer, but I think this does a really classy, nice job of adding just a little more. If you're looking for the falsies, going out on the town look, this is not the choice you should make. It's just a really nice every day mascara. I've noticed hardly any flaking at all, which is a huge plus for me. It has no odor (i can't believe how many mascaras have nasty scents), and it's a simple, no nonsense package and applicator. I haven't decided if I will repurchase, but I'm definitely feeling this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by silvertealmarbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try out this mascara since I've heard a lot of great things about it. The brush itself was relatively easy to use. However, this formula was simply too wet for my sparse Asian eyelashes. This mascara for be DID NOT hold a curl. I found my curled eyelashes drooping almost immediately after I applied the mascara. It didn't make my eyelashes look any thicker or longer as well. Adding additional coats didn't seem to help much either. I guess I'll have to stick with my orange CoverGirl Lash Blast for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by TianaSwift

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great! I don't recommend it if you're looking for a mascara to lengthen your lashes though, because for length, my eyelashes don't really look any longer than they do without mascara. But they definitely look thicker! This mascara doesn't clump at all (unless you wait for it to dry, then put on another coat. Then it will clump a bit). Also, it lasts throughout the whole day without flaking at all. A lot of mascaras I've used in the past would just flake off and mix with my concealer, making under my eyes really black. I never have that problem with this mascara! I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by McKennaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for the last decade and have not yet found another brand better suited for my needs (even $50+ mascaras!). I am a redhead with eyelashes so fair they are virtually white, therefore I need a mascara that applies relatively thick (for ease of coverage) and has all-day wear. It's makeup that won't come off until I tell it to. I have absolutely no negative comments for this wonderful product. It has seen me through my awkward teen years and well into my adulthood and I'm not likely to give it up anytime soon! Try it for yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product every time I wear mascara as my base coat. The formula is thick and can be clumpy if applied without scraping the wand, but I use two other mascaras over it which have a thinner formula over the Voluminous and it gives great results! I use the Carbon Black and I also have it in Black and the limited edition Purple color, which I pair with a limited edition purple Great Lash. The brush is dense which can make the mascara go on a little thick but you can use a lash comb or spoolie to help separate your lashes. I wouldn't recommend this formula to use by itself (unless you're scraping off the brush in the tube) but I really like it paired with other formulas. I have long and thick eyelashes so I don't know how this would work on short, straight lashes. Overall, I like the Carbon Black shade the best and have repurchased several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

By itsself its a 2 rating maybe a one. Everyone likes this but its so wet and gets clumpy and weighs lashes down -.- I was very mad because it didnt dotoo much some volume and whatever. It was sitting there and I paired it with the rocket and the jordana best lash extreme then this loreal one and it looked amazing! Made my lashes black hole black dark andmade mylashes waaaay thicker i was in love. But its still very clumpy and i have to comb them out and id rather not spend more time on my lashes then i already do. i wish this didnt clump as much then id buy this to layer with but sadly for the price and extra workto get out clumps, its NOT worth it. dont get the hype.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate being the buzz kill, I literally was so excited to try out this mascara because I always heard great things about it from everyone- family, friends, youtube gals, literally everyone! I have bought this once before. Honest to God, I thought that perhaps I had bought a dud, but after repurchasing it, I can say that this mascara just is not for me. Perhaps it is the way my eyelashes curl or the length of them, but it is so unflattering on me.
The brush is a pretty generic brush, but I find the formula very up and down. It is very weird because sometimes it feels super wet on my eyelashes, like I actually need to sit there and let it dry. Other times, I find it very dry and it feels like I am scrapping it on my lashes. I find that sometimes it also feels itchy.. like I can literally feel the mascara on my lashes.
Whatever the case, every time I use it my eyelashes look like insect legs. The creepy super skinny long, gnarly looking legs. I am used to using Covergirl mascara, lashblast or clump crusher. Both of those mascaras make my lashes long AND thick. This mascara does nothing for your lashes, literally the only reason why I still use it is that I'm pissed because I spent $11 on it.
I know that it is a favourite for lots of people, but I just really hate it. :'(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No