November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by TianaSwift

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great! I don't recommend it if you're looking for a mascara to lengthen your lashes though, because for length, my eyelashes don't really look any longer than they do without mascara. But they definitely look thicker! This mascara doesn't clump at all (unless you wait for it to dry, then put on another coat. Then it will clump a bit). Also, it lasts throughout the whole day without flaking at all. A lot of mascaras I've used in the past would just flake off and mix with my concealer, making under my eyes really black. I never have that problem with this mascara! I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by McKennaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for the last decade and have not yet found another brand better suited for my needs (even $50+ mascaras!). I am a redhead with eyelashes so fair they are virtually white, therefore I need a mascara that applies relatively thick (for ease of coverage) and has all-day wear. It's makeup that won't come off until I tell it to. I have absolutely no negative comments for this wonderful product. It has seen me through my awkward teen years and well into my adulthood and I'm not likely to give it up anytime soon! Try it for yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product every time I wear mascara as my base coat. The formula is thick and can be clumpy if applied without scraping the wand, but I use two other mascaras over it which have a thinner formula over the Voluminous and it gives great results! I use the Carbon Black and I also have it in Black and the limited edition Purple color, which I pair with a limited edition purple Great Lash. The brush is dense which can make the mascara go on a little thick but you can use a lash comb or spoolie to help separate your lashes. I wouldn't recommend this formula to use by itself (unless you're scraping off the brush in the tube) but I really like it paired with other formulas. I have long and thick eyelashes so I don't know how this would work on short, straight lashes. Overall, I like the Carbon Black shade the best and have repurchased several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

By itsself its a 2 rating maybe a one. Everyone likes this but its so wet and gets clumpy and weighs lashes down -.- I was very mad because it didnt dotoo much some volume and whatever. It was sitting there and I paired it with the rocket and the jordana best lash extreme then this loreal one and it looked amazing! Made my lashes black hole black dark andmade mylashes waaaay thicker i was in love. But its still very clumpy and i have to comb them out and id rather not spend more time on my lashes then i already do. i wish this didnt clump as much then id buy this to layer with but sadly for the price and extra workto get out clumps, its NOT worth it. dont get the hype.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate being the buzz kill, I literally was so excited to try out this mascara because I always heard great things about it from everyone- family, friends, youtube gals, literally everyone! I have bought this once before. Honest to God, I thought that perhaps I had bought a dud, but after repurchasing it, I can say that this mascara just is not for me. Perhaps it is the way my eyelashes curl or the length of them, but it is so unflattering on me.
The brush is a pretty generic brush, but I find the formula very up and down. It is very weird because sometimes it feels super wet on my eyelashes, like I actually need to sit there and let it dry. Other times, I find it very dry and it feels like I am scrapping it on my lashes. I find that sometimes it also feels itchy.. like I can literally feel the mascara on my lashes.
Whatever the case, every time I use it my eyelashes look like insect legs. The creepy super skinny long, gnarly looking legs. I am used to using Covergirl mascara, lashblast or clump crusher. Both of those mascaras make my lashes long AND thick. This mascara does nothing for your lashes, literally the only reason why I still use it is that I'm pissed because I spent $11 on it.
I know that it is a favourite for lots of people, but I just really hate it. :'(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

one of my favorites!! great application

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite mascaras! I love the price, avaliability, and the fact that I can get nice long and full lashes with one mascara instead of two. I found then whenever I would get a new tube, the formula would be really creamy/thick and not the easiest to work with. I think I like this best once it has dried out a little and isn't so messy. My lashes are nice and lush and they stay that way all day! Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ekz94

I love it! :) I like my lashes to be super black, and this gives the look of fuller black lashes. I find out to be a little bit pricey, so I only buy it when is on sale. I figure out it works better for me when I top it with a waterproof mascara (in this case I top ii with Maybelline Rocket Waterproof Mascara) and iis perfect.
Even though is waterproof, I always get some under my eyes. but definitely I will purchase it again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, not for me.

I have stick straight short tiny little itty bitty Asian lashes. This mascara brush is just about twice the size of my little lashes. The bristles are so close together.

I can see someone with amazing full lashes, that are nice and long wearing this mascara and loving it. But me? It didn't work wonders on me.

I saw YouTubers wearing this mascara and I said, "I need this". Turns out, it's a no good for me. It has a very liquidy and runny formula that doesn't work. I blink once, and it literally is all over my cheeks. And if I try to wipe it away, it leaves streaks. It's a little clumpy on me. My lashes are so small, it doesn't comb through too well.

And it left little flakes under my eyes by the end of a long day. It's no good for me. My mom said, "if you're going to wear makeup make it look nice". Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jaunemoutarde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday mascara. It coats and separates every lash and makes my lashes look very full while lasting throughout the day. I used to love Benefit's Bad Gal, but I found that the results are similar with a much lower price point.