OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 12/18/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my #1 HG favorite nude polish, going on three years running. Love this for a neutral nail, great long lasting formula. Will continue to repurchase.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the luxury camel coat of the nail polish world. on the right colouring it's understated and very classy. in fairness it's a touch too yellow for my skin (NC20) but when i'm wearing it i just can't help admiring it ;-)

on 10/16/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this and my hunt for the perfect nude for my skin is over (for reference, NC40/42 in MAC). This is a nude with warmth that doesn't make me look sallow, but is chic and sophisticated. It is almost entirely opaque with 2 coats (perhaps I apply thicker coats than many?) but you might feel like 3 coats works better. I have had no issues with formula, and I prefer the wide OPI brush because I have wide nail beds. Have had this on for a few days on with an average topcoat, and don't have any chips so far.
Very happy with this and would repurchase.

on 9/6/2012 10:58:00 AM

I don't understand the hype surrounding this nail polish! I don't care for the color, as it is dull. I love OPI usually, but this formula is goopy and just plain gross. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. I don't want to chance it and try another!

on 7/25/2012 8:47:00 PM

It's a beautiful, perfect nude polish but it bubbles up horribly. I tried everything to prevent it from air bubbling with no avail.

on 6/25/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect nude shade for me as it is more in the beige family than pink in my opinion, which is perfect for me as I tend to stay away from pinks.
It makes your hands look fresh and clean, and it's become my default nail colour.
The formula is sheer and takes three coats to become opaque, but even with three coats it doesn't look thick and messy, nor does it bubble up.
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try :)

on 6/21/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The best nude polish. Not pinky, not peachy, just straight up nude. And opaque not sheer! Needs two coats and a top coat and it looks perfect - someone once told me it looks like 'the nude polish all the playboy models wear in the magazine' ummmmmm I don't know about that but I think it was a compliment ????? All I know is that it looks fab.

Perfect application. I prefer Essie colors, because I'm a fan of sheer pinks as well as their bright corals, but the OPI brushes really are way better. Essie brushes are horrible.

I imagine a lot of people who are looking up SS are trying to get the mannequin hands look. I have NC30ish skin, strong yellow undertone but pink overtone. This doesn't quite match my skin tone - almost, but not quite. Looks perfect for mannequin hands in certain lights, but not in others. It's a little too pink-toned. I'm going to search for another.

BUT it's a beautiful color by itself. Would never have picked it up because it looks blah in the bottle, except for the reviews, which are right on. So smooth and creamy! Opaque in two medium or three thin coats. If you have darker skin (most of the reviewers have white/fair skin) it will magnify any imperfections in the skin around the nail bed so keep that in mind.

on 5/20/2012 10:18:00 AM

This is the most beautiful nude-toned polish I've ever had, but the problem I have with this, and all other sheer OPI polishes, is with application. I am definitely not the most skilled nail polish applier, and I always end up messing something up when I use this. It's very unforgiving with mistakes or sloppy application. A lovely colored polish, but with poor consistency.

on 5/2/2012 11:39:00 AM

This is sooo sheer, I didn't care for it at all. The colour is also the kind of nude that hardly shows up against my skin. I might just as well wear a clear nail polish. I'm glad I tried this out at the store before buing it.

Top Rated OPI Products