December 22, 2014 | 1768 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Ebelida

I don't understand the hype surrounding this nail polish! I don't care for the color, as it is dull. I love OPI usually, but this formula is goopy and just plain gross. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. I don't want to chance it and try another!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by AnnaKF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a beautiful, perfect nude polish but it bubbles up horribly. I tried everything to prevent it from air bubbling with no avail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect nude shade for me as it is more in the beige family than pink in my opinion, which is perfect for me as I tend to stay away from pinks.
It makes your hands look fresh and clean, and it's become my default nail colour.
The formula is sheer and takes three coats to become opaque, but even with three coats it doesn't look thick and messy, nor does it bubble up.
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best nude polish. Not pinky, not peachy, just straight up nude. And opaque not sheer! Needs two coats and a top coat and it looks perfect - someone once told me it looks like 'the nude polish all the playboy models wear in the magazine' ummmmmm I don't know about that but I think it was a compliment ????? All I know is that it looks fab.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by penknifeemily

Perfect application. I prefer Essie colors, because I'm a fan of sheer pinks as well as their bright corals, but the OPI brushes really are way better. Essie brushes are horrible.

I imagine a lot of people who are looking up SS are trying to get the mannequin hands look. I have NC30ish skin, strong yellow undertone but pink overtone. This doesn't quite match my skin tone - almost, but not quite. Looks perfect for mannequin hands in certain lights, but not in others. It's a little too pink-toned. I'm going to search for another.

BUT it's a beautiful color by itself. Would never have picked it up because it looks blah in the bottle, except for the reviews, which are right on. So smooth and creamy! Opaque in two medium or three thin coats. If you have darker skin (most of the reviewers have white/fair skin) it will magnify any imperfections in the skin around the nail bed so keep that in mind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This is the most beautiful nude-toned polish I've ever had, but the problem I have with this, and all other sheer OPI polishes, is with application. I am definitely not the most skilled nail polish applier, and I always end up messing something up when I use this. It's very unforgiving with mistakes or sloppy application. A lovely colored polish, but with poor consistency.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

This is sooo sheer, I didn't care for it at all. The colour is also the kind of nude that hardly shows up against my skin. I might just as well wear a clear nail polish. I'm glad I tried this out at the store before buing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I must admit, at first I was skeptical of this polish because I was beginning to think I'd never find the perfect 'nude' for me (NC25 Asian). Samoan Sand totally blew me away though. It's worth all the hype! I'd describe this as a very glossy, peachy-cream with a HINT of baby pink if you view it from a certain angle, but not enough to be noticeable to anyone but yourself.

The formula is sheer and runny compared to other OPI polishes. I love that it dries surprisingly quickly and comes with a fat brush, so it's easy to apply. I need 3 thin coats to get even coverage, and for a more sheer effect, I can get away with 2 coats. The finish is high-shine even without a top coat, which surprised me because it didn't look all that glossy in the bottle.

Overall, such a lovely nude color! Instantly one of my favorites. I think I will give up on my hunt for the perfect nude now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by LuckyCharmz

My absolute favorite nude polish; it's elegant & classy. It's a dream to apply as well, no streaks at all w/ 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by charls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After getting over the mannikin hands the first time you wear it, this nail polish is fabulous. It looks wonderful. I was after a creamy nude, with very little sparkle, flat in colour but elegant, sophisticated and clean looking and this is definitely it. I used to wear OPI Dulce de Leche but I like Samoan Sand more. So much so that I wore it for my wedding.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No