OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

My favourite neutral nail colour to date... classy, elongates fingers... yet still noticeable. And warmer than most nudes.... doesn't make fingers look dead or emphasize paleness in Winter. Opaque from first cooat more than the average polish. Love.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Can I just say I freaking love the names OPI gives to their nail polishes! Samoan Sand is a neutral beige with a tiny hint of peach. If I compare it Malaysian Mist, there are no similarities, except you need 3-4 coats for complete opacity too. Perfectly appropriate for any occasion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My favorite nail polish shade ever :) I was searching for a perfect neutral for work and this is it. It looks so feminine and classy on. It takes about four coats to get it to the opaqueness I like but it's worth it because it doesn't chip for days. Love love love and I'm looking forward to trying out more OPI shades like this.

I am very pleased with this neutral. The slight peachy tone keeps the color from looking drab. My fingers look longer and thinner. This is a great go to for looking either professional or sophisticated. Plus since it looks similar to my skin already, chipping and tip wear are not very distracting when the inevitable happens.

Ah my search for the perfect nude nail polish is over. Samoan Sand is a perfect peachy neutral nude goes great skin tones in the NC 20 to 40 range and NW 20 to NW 40. It dos take about 3 coats to obtain full opaque coverage. Will def repurchase in the future.

This is a slightly peachy beige color. I like the color most of the time, but in certain lighting, there is something about this color that makes my cuticles look really dark in an unhealthy way. I am Asian with medium-light skin (NC20-25), so if you're like me, I would advise you to try it before buying. Formula-wise, I found it to be quite streaky and thin. I don't like the look of VNL, so I ended up putting on at least 3 thick layers. On my right hand I think it took up to 6 layers because I am not as good at applying polish with my left hand, and it took that many layers to get rid of the streakiness. The only good thing is that there isn't that much tip wear with so many layers. I had this polish on for a whole week and had no problems with chipping or tip wear. Normally I get tip wear on day 3. The only reason I took it off was because my nails grew enough that there was a gap between my cuticles and where the polish started.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my #1 HG favorite nude polish, going on three years running. Love this for a neutral nail, great long lasting formula. Will continue to repurchase.

UPDATE: 2/2016: Still my favorite nude! Blends in with my skin tone so perfectly. A great flesh-toned nude.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the luxury camel coat of the nail polish world. on the right colouring it's understated and very classy. in fairness it's a touch too yellow for my skin (NC20) but when i'm wearing it i just can't help admiring it ;-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this and my hunt for the perfect nude for my skin is over (for reference, NC40/42 in MAC). This is a nude with warmth that doesn't make me look sallow, but is chic and sophisticated. It is almost entirely opaque with 2 coats (perhaps I apply thicker coats than many?) but you might feel like 3 coats works better. I have had no issues with formula, and I prefer the wide OPI brush because I have wide nail beds. Have had this on for a few days on with an average topcoat, and don't have any chips so far.
Very happy with this and would repurchase.

I don't understand the hype surrounding this nail polish! I don't care for the color, as it is dull. I love OPI usually, but this formula is goopy and just plain gross. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. I don't want to chance it and try another!

Top Rated OPI Products