OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 1/27/2013 7:43:00 PM

Ah my search for the perfect nude nail polish is over. Samoan Sand is a perfect peachy neutral nude goes great skin tones in the NC 20 to 40 range and NW 20 to NW 40. It dos take about 3 coats to obtain full opaque coverage. Will def repurchase in the future.

on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM

This is a slightly peachy beige color. I like the color most of the time, but in certain lighting, there is something about this color that makes my cuticles look really dark in an unhealthy way. I am Asian with medium-light skin (NC20-25), so if you're like me, I would advise you to try it before buying. Formula-wise, I found it to be quite streaky and thin. I don't like the look of VNL, so I ended up putting on at least 3 thick layers. On my right hand I think it took up to 6 layers because I am not as good at applying polish with my left hand, and it took that many layers to get rid of the streakiness. The only good thing is that there isn't that much tip wear with so many layers. I had this polish on for a whole week and had no problems with chipping or tip wear. Normally I get tip wear on day 3. The only reason I took it off was because my nails grew enough that there was a gap between my cuticles and where the polish started.

on 12/18/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my #1 HG favorite nude polish, going on three years running. Love this for a neutral nail, great long lasting formula. Will continue to repurchase.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the luxury camel coat of the nail polish world. on the right colouring it's understated and very classy. in fairness it's a touch too yellow for my skin (NC20) but when i'm wearing it i just can't help admiring it ;-)

on 10/16/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this and my hunt for the perfect nude for my skin is over (for reference, NC40/42 in MAC). This is a nude with warmth that doesn't make me look sallow, but is chic and sophisticated. It is almost entirely opaque with 2 coats (perhaps I apply thicker coats than many?) but you might feel like 3 coats works better. I have had no issues with formula, and I prefer the wide OPI brush because I have wide nail beds. Have had this on for a few days on with an average topcoat, and don't have any chips so far.
Very happy with this and would repurchase.

on 9/6/2012 10:58:00 AM

I don't understand the hype surrounding this nail polish! I don't care for the color, as it is dull. I love OPI usually, but this formula is goopy and just plain gross. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. I don't want to chance it and try another!

on 7/25/2012 8:47:00 PM

It's a beautiful, perfect nude polish but it bubbles up horribly. I tried everything to prevent it from air bubbling with no avail.

on 6/25/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect nude shade for me as it is more in the beige family than pink in my opinion, which is perfect for me as I tend to stay away from pinks.
It makes your hands look fresh and clean, and it's become my default nail colour.
The formula is sheer and takes three coats to become opaque, but even with three coats it doesn't look thick and messy, nor does it bubble up.
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try :)

on 6/21/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The best nude polish. Not pinky, not peachy, just straight up nude. And opaque not sheer! Needs two coats and a top coat and it looks perfect - someone once told me it looks like 'the nude polish all the playboy models wear in the magazine' ummmmmm I don't know about that but I think it was a compliment ????? All I know is that it looks fab.

Perfect application. I prefer Essie colors, because I'm a fan of sheer pinks as well as their bright corals, but the OPI brushes really are way better. Essie brushes are horrible.

I imagine a lot of people who are looking up SS are trying to get the mannequin hands look. I have NC30ish skin, strong yellow undertone but pink overtone. This doesn't quite match my skin tone - almost, but not quite. Looks perfect for mannequin hands in certain lights, but not in others. It's a little too pink-toned. I'm going to search for another.

BUT it's a beautiful color by itself. Would never have picked it up because it looks blah in the bottle, except for the reviews, which are right on. So smooth and creamy! Opaque in two medium or three thin coats. If you have darker skin (most of the reviewers have white/fair skin) it will magnify any imperfections in the skin around the nail bed so keep that in mind.

Popular Polishes