July 30, 2014 | 2139 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Allybrooke737

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I was having trouble with acne on my chin! I had tried tons of products and none of them helped the way cetaphil has. I use this product every night and every morning! I am so happy I found it because it has gotten rid of my acne and doesn't cost a lot! I will definitely be purchasing this again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am one of the ones who this product did not work for. I bought this soap after I ran out of my usual face wash and couldn't find it at the pharmacy. I have heard great things about Cetaphil and how mild it is. For reference, I have acne prone sensitive skin. I used this soap on my face twice a day as well as on my body, which can be acne prone as well. The first few days I felt like this product was cleaning my skin well and was gentle. Then I noticed my back was bumpy and rough. I continued to use the soap on my face and after about a week and half, my face was bumpy and rough just like my back. Now my chin is breaking out a bit and my forehead is VERY dry. Since discounting use, my back has mostly cleared up and my face remains a mess. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this a few weeks now, my skin has looked the best in ages. About two weeks before I started using this I was getting breakouts, nothing was really helping. I started using this, I'd used cetaphil for oily skin a few years ago and was "meh" on it. This cleared up my breakout and has cleared out much of the blackheads I had on my cheeks and is improving the blackhead situation on my nose. I use it morning and evening, and skin is looking great in the morning. My pores actually look smaller because they're no longer clogged! I don't think it's moisturizing. I have combo/oily skin that's prone to dry patches in the cold months, and I'm still getting dry patches but that's better remedied by moisturizer. Definitely the best cleanser I've ever used, by far. I think it'd work well for any skin type. I love that it's cheap and widely available too. the bar form is sometimes less than ideal, but I use a travel soap dish that has to keep it clean and dry and that works just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jaymt

I was using acne cleansers to try and help my moderate acne but they weren't working. I didn't like how harsh they felt on my skin. I switched to using this alone and it has made quite a difference. it hasn't eradicated my breakouts but it has improved my skin clarity and it's so much gentler. I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

words cannot describe how this product saved me.

i started suffering adult onset cystic acne about a year ago. i was absolutely horrified.

i tried so many things. nothing worked.

i don't even know what to say. it's a miracle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this product for my back acne. After using it religiously for the last 8 weeks I am very pleased with my results. I am no longer getting any new breakouts and it is healing my existing acne. The bar usually lasts me about 2-3 weeks. I find this product more effective than the Cetaphil pump cleanser and would recommend this to anyone suffering from embarrassing acne on the chest/shoulder/back area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current morning face soap. I use sebamed at night. This is gentle and produces a creamy lather without drying my face. My face feels soft and it doesn't make my skin react. The redness seems temporarily subdued. I put this in a soap dish away from the shower as this can soften easily. Plus it has a smell that permeates my bathroom. It's not strong but it's there after I use a bar. It's not badly priced. I think I paid less than four dollars for it. For reference I have sensitive but oily, acne prone skin. So far I have not broken out and hopefully I don't jinx myself. Will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bug standard facial bar soap! Gone through more than 6 bars of this. I got this because it lathers better than the liquid version and its got no scent. plus it good for all skin type, my derm dr recommend this! its bit costly for a facial bar but last me bout 2 month. The bar tend to melt but doesnt bother me :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by AnaItzel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have recently developed really problematic skin. Like, it's really dry around my nose and on my forehead. But my chin and cheeks get super oily. Anyway, I had breaking out a lot recently, and a friend of mine recommended this. I was so excited to buy it because I've heard amazing things about it. Plus it's super cheap. But after a week of using it, it made my dry areas even worse! I had red spots all over, and it was so itchy. It didn't really help my acne either. So I definitely wouldn't buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for about a week so I didn't give it 5 stars..yet. I will update my review in about another week since that's how long it takes for my skin to react to a cleanser. I needed this cleanser after having countless bad experiences with milky cleansers. I had been using a gel cleanser by yonka which dried me out horribly, but the milky cleanser along with another high end coconut milk cleanser broke me out despite the fact it was gentle. The milky ones would probably be better suited for dry skin, but mine is dehydrated and I know the two need different types of treatment. ANYWAY I had a hard time coping with the fact that my skin just does not like or react well to all natural products, because even though they are organic and good for the earth, my skin still had adverse reactions to the ingredients or fragrances. Sad face. I liked the cetaphil gentle cleanser back in the day but decided I wanted to try something even more basic, so I decided to give this bar non-soap cleanser a try. So far I like it a lot because I can use it on my body and face, and it does not make my skin itchy like some bars (ahem Dove soap). I can't believe a bar cleanser could be so gentle and non-irritating, because even the cetaphil gentle cleanser a times could leave me red. I still can't be sure if cetaphil is just a marketing ploy by skin companies and derms but it seems galderma, manufacturer of differin, kind of knows what it is doing. For people who are put off by the ingredients, Kiehls is no different despite their claim to be using ingredients from natural origin. Point is, give it a try if you have reactive, somewhat irritated or blemished skin like me, it will not make anything worse and may even improve the situation.