July 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Matte Anti-Shine [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by bcardwell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! The best product that I have found for oil control!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by NualaMaria

I love this primer! You only need the tiniest amount to cover ur whole face, not even pea sized, as a little goes a long way and if you use to much product it sort of flakes of your skin. It's great for mattifying your face, my fine lines were def reduced using this and it does make your foundation last a lot longer / all day! Its pretty pricey but as u only need the tiniest amount the tube will last u ages. Like the packaging, only downside is when you have used up most of the product it is difficult to get the last drop out. def buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by NicoleBouzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best anti shine product going, I have oily acne prone skin and although I have to dab my face once a day this stuff keeps the oil at bay and prevents my make up dripping off. It's kinda expensive to start with but I have had my tube since may and it's only just getting to the end ... That's 7 months! A little goes a long way! Foundation application is a little harder but you soon get used to it. I will be buying this product again ... If your from the , I purchase mine from debenhams.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBegoun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Please do not discontinue this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only product I've tried that actually keeps oil at bay all day. I apply in the morning around 6:30 and my skin doesn't begin to get oily until about 7 pm -- and by that time, I'm usually home, so I don't mind. I first began using it under my foundation like a primer on my t-zone. But I found that it made my foundation look a little strange and gave my skin a white-ish cast. The product is also a little thick, so now I mix in about 2 drops of water to thin it out and make it easier to apply, then use a stippling brush to apply over my makeup. Works like a charm! I will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence with this one. I like the Smashbox PPL primer because it makes my foundation look very smooth and it's a nice base, but it smells weird and doesn't keep the oiliness at bay for more than an hour--sometimes two if I'm lucky. I purchased this last week and have been trying different ways of using this to find the most effective. The technique that seems to work the best is applying this both before AND after my foundation. Currently hitting the six hour mark and only have a little bit of shine peeking through. One warning, though, is that this can make your foundation more difficult to apply because it does leave a VERY matte finish initially. I'd suggest giving it 5 minutes or so to sit on your face before you try to apply any product over top. Overall I do think this is effective and I would probably buy it again, but it depends on how much use I can get out of this tube. Since I do use it both as a primer and to blot, I feel like I use a lot of product each day. But if I can get 6 months or so out of this tube, I'll be ecstatic.
    --------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: I've recently repurchased the PPL primer because this is just way too difficult to use under foundation. I now carry this in my makeup bag for touchups during the day. Still relatively effective, but I find it can't hold up well to the outside elements. It's magic if I'm indoors for the majority of the day, but on days when I'm outside this is virtually ineffective. *sigh* I'll keep my rating the same, though, because this will be lovely for most occasions--especially nights out.

One more thing--this product can be extremely difficult to find in stores. I've tried all three Sephora stores in my area and the local Ulta and none of them carried it. It may just be easier to order it online instead of searching high and low.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by becky9106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i purchased this product last week and will definately be re-purchasing. I have very oily skin and work in a warm office. I apply make-up at 7.30am and usually by 10am i am shiny. The MUA at Smashbox told be to squeeze a pea size amount onto my hand rub it until it goes into a smooth, clear gel and then dab it onto my tzone. So far so good. Foundation application took a little longer but its worth it. I set my makeup with Bare Escentual Mineral Veil and can honestly say for the last week i have stayed matte until i finish work at 5.30pm. Definatley recommend for people with very oily skin, i have tried numerous products that cost alot more than this one and this is the ony one that has worked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I love this -- it's really the only primer that actually extends the wear of my makeup on my BEYOND oily skin. If you have dry patches, avoid applying this product there, but elsewhere, you're fine. A little of this goes a very long way, so, don't over apply. After using it for about a week, you really learn exactly how much your skin needs. It's an essential for me if I expect my foundation to last more than 6 hours. Totally repurchase. Oh, and it's the same ingredients as the Urban Decay DeSlick in a tube, however, it's 1oz versus UD's .67oz and cheaper than UD's.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mtruskol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutley love this product. Like many others who reviewed this primer, I suffer from extreme oiliness all over my face. I agree that this will not keep you completely matte throughtout the day, however it does an awesome job of keeping your makeup in place all day long. We all know the pain at the end of the day when our foundation is completley gone... You might have to blot or powder once or twice during the day, but I am very content with that. For those who had hard time applying foundation over it I suggest using a beauty blender to apply foundation, gently dabbing it against the skin. Yes, you do have to work pretty fast to apply the primer all over your face beacause it does dry quickly. I would suggest to spread it all over and then pad it down. I will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product once, only on my t-zone. I slathered on a little bit on my forehead, and spread it onto my nose. Then I tried unsuccessfully to apply my foundation over it - the anti-shine product made my forehead an extremely uneven surface and made it difficult to apply any product over it. It was difficult to get my foundation to buff into place evenly.

It didn't seem to control shine on my nose. But that may be because I didn't put much on my nose, or it rubbed off when I was blending in my foundation. However, I was shocked to see my forehead completely matte for an entire day. Believe me, this NEVER happens, and I tried it on a smewhat hot day when I was literally sweating. I didn't think it was possible to sweat on my forehead while still remaining matte - this product accomplishes that.

As amazing as this was, I am unsure about prolonged use of it, because when I took off my makeup later that day, I had red bumps all over my forehead. Since this was the only new product, it was probably the culprit. A shame, really, considering how well it controlled my oil.