October 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does not give any coverage, but mattifies, which is what I think a powder should do. You cannot see any powder on the skin, so finely milled is this stuff, just natural-looking matteness. I had no idea my powders before this were so ashy until I started using it!
One little gripe is that the applicator it comes with is not so great, which it should be for something designed to be applied on-the-go; I don't want to carry a brush too all day. Also would have liked a separate compartment for the applicator, as in NARS powder foundation, but that may have upset the proportions of the beautiful packaging...
Definitely expensive, but it just feels so luxurious to use...

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by tlove100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive but completely worth it for quality and colour. The powder gives a light/medium coverage but it feels lovely and works brilliantly with my foundation (Revlon Colourstay). I mostly use it in the centre diamond of my face and on my tzone and it has been fantastic in minimizing the oil on my face. I use a Constance Carol setting powder on top to keep it all in place but it has proven to be worth the money! It is travel friendly and the compact is really cute. I apply with a mac 190 brush and it doesn't have too much residue and it lasts for most of the day- I might require some blotting powder on a fast paced day. I use 40 Dore (my colour is NC43) and it blends beautifully for a matte coverage that is natural looking. I use a large blending brush with my finisher for a more balanced finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was running out of my favorite merle norman luxiva pressed powder and I got this one. This powder is no better than some drugstore brands. Actually I used way better quality cheap powders before (rimmel stay matte, maybelline dream matte). It gives terrible coverage, actually you can powder yourself all day long, it won't cover a thing, it reminded me prestige powder foundation, awful. It applies very weird almost like fluffy starch, finish is terrible, it makes pores look huge, HUGE like this OOOO. Just a couple of minutes after application I looked like a had a jaundice, yep, some powders turn orange, this one turned dark yellow, Chanel couldn't test their powder oxidized? it would be the easiest thing to check, I wonder what do they test then??? so.. unfortunately no healthy glow for me. I got 30 naturel translucent 2. I would not recommend it to anyone. I prefer pressed powders, but if I am not able to find merle on ebay (they don't have an online store) I will use sorme mineral secret loose powder, it's the best loose powder I tried so far, way WAY better than any chanel, dior, lancome or other low/high end powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I really like this powder. I like applying it over my foundation with a kabuki brush, and buff it into my face in circular motions. It leaves my face matte without making my skin look dull and flat. It looks very satiny and natural. It basically does exactly what it says. I just think it's a little expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I feel Chanel's powder compacts are the most iconic compacts in the world. It's simple, sleek and elegant. I've only purchased my first powder compact 3 months ago, and have been using it almost every day to set my makeup.

The finish of this powder is natural-matte, not flat-matte. It allows the natural skin to show through so you don't look too powdery or caked on. It stays on my skin for approximately 4 hours before I have to blot again, which is good enough for me. I know it's not an extremely long wearing powder, nor is it the most oil-absorbing, so if you have oily skin I would not recommend it.

Overall I give it a 4/5 because I do like this powder and would definitely repurchase it. I previously used Estee Lauder's Aeromatte, which I liked, but it didn't wear long on me at all (2 hours max before I have to reapply). This Chanel compact costs approximately $50CAD and is in my opinion worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse a few years ago in Dore at a duty free shop when my flight was delayed. It's gorgeous! A yellow based matte golden tan powder with a lovely soft, sheer texture. In the winter I bought Naturel, a shade lighter.Chanel powders might seem expensive but this is a whopping 15g size - compare that to Clinique's 7g and Bobbi Brown's which I think is around 11g. The Chanel compact works out much cheaper.
I used up a whole tub of Naturel loose powder and the only thing that stopped me repurchasing was that it was a tiny bit less yellow than I normally like (I'm MAC NC30-40 and BB Warm Natural). I am still using the Chanel compact for touchups during the day with a retractable brush and Clinique's Invisible Blend to set makeup in the morning (used to like Bobbi Brown's Soft Sand but that's now way too expensive) and will carry on using Dore loose and pressed in the summer months.
I haven't had any problems with the packaging which seems very sturdy and of course, could there be anything more classy than a Chanel compact? (comes in a cute little velvet protective pouch)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by elle3927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Brilliant! Gives the perfect amount of coverage over their foundation. Keeps my skin from getting oily. I probably apply it twice a day and it does the job. It's a bit expensive, but totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by beernice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an awesome pressed powder! But on the expensive side though. The powder is really very fine! I've used MAC mineralize skinfinish, and its even finer than that! Helps my foundation to last long and i don't have to blot throughout the whole day. The current one that i'm using has hit pan already. Will be getting it again very soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Shyandy

I love this product, after searching for the right pressed powder, this is really great.
The powder is so fine and at the end of the day, my face still looks fresh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Really nice compact powder, smooth and finely milled and truly mattifies. I would like to try the loose powder version :)