Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this about a year, or a few years ago, and didn't find anything special about it. Recently, especially during the winter, I needed something to get rid of flakiness, and this did it. It made my skin smooth. I find it a bit abrasive, but strangely, it didn't cause any redness or irritation in my skin like most exfoliants do. I really like it, but I only use it in the morning, because it doesn't remove makeup.

on 11/26/2009 10:24:00 AM

I love this! I have sensitive combination/oily skin with a tendency of getting a few bumps here and there. and this was just what my skin needed!

+ My face feels clean and fresh after use
+ It doesn't irritate my skin at all
+ It smells so good
+ Love the creamy consistence

I dont use it as a makeup remover though. For a mineral foundation I think it would work, but not for any liquid foundation. At least not for mine. Ive always used cleasing wipes for my makeup and cleansers afterwards =) I use this everyday along with the gentle toner and I use the Olay Complete cream for a moustorizer. And it works wonders for my skin! Less bumps, smoother surface and a glow to my face without adding any oil or making my skin shiny.

on 6/29/2009 11:50:00 PM

for a drug store product, this is a pretty good cleanser. i love the smell and how it feels. it leaves my skin feeling extremely soft, clean and refreshed. i use this in the morning to wake myself up since i have early morning classes and it works like a charm. i also didnt have any problems with any break outs.

on 6/21/2009 2:53:00 PM

+It smells nice , like all Nivea products.
+Not that expensive , at least in Europe.

-I don't fell my face is very clean after I use it.
-It's very thick , just like if you would use your moisturizer for cleaning your face erk :(
-It makes my face dry.

Overall: I won't buy this product again , I don't recommand you to buy it if you have combo/oily skin.

on 5/18/2008 8:02:00 PM

If you can find this, try it! It is a great multi-tasker. Takes off face makeup; but you have to use a seperate eye makeup remover. Exfoliates gently so you son't have to buy a seperate product. Doesn't completely dry out your face, but still feels clean when you're done. I actually have combination skin that will be more oily in the summer and I have been using this year-long with no issues.

on 5/7/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little goes a long way.
Wouldn't call this an exfoliater per say, I would say the little particles help with blood circulation versus exfoliation haha..
I only use this in the mornings because I need something a little better to help me remove my makeup as I've tried using this before and I still had alot of make-up/foundation on my face.
It really is gentle.. almost too gentle.. sometimes when I'm washing my face, I'm wondering if it's even worth it.. haha..

on 4/15/2008 8:02:00 PM

I was getting red bumps and pimples all over my forehead and sides of my face. I found this in my bathroom and didn't even know I had it. It worked great! After only using it a couple times my blemishes were reduced by a lot!!!
Really great stuff!

on 4/12/2008 2:12:00 AM

Before I bought this product, I hadn't used a cleanser in ages, but when I started using this one I noticed my skin starting to clear up!
But thats all that happened, I got rid of a few pimples...but more come back. So I woulnd't buy it again...I'm looking for a cleanser that actually CLEANS the pores and keeps them clean. I used it twice a day as well.

on 2/29/2008 7:31:00 AM

For some reason this really irriates my otherwise not fussy skin. Also, I wouldn't call this a cleanser as it doesn't cleanse anything. Smell is lovely but that's about the only nice I can say about this "cleanser".

on 1/14/2008 2:04:00 PM