April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cosmic321

I was getting red bumps and pimples all over my forehead and sides of my face. I found this in my bathroom and didn't even know I had it. It worked great! After only using it a couple times my blemishes were reduced by a lot!!!
Really great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by xPoisonGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I bought this product, I hadn't used a cleanser in ages, but when I started using this one I noticed my skin starting to clear up!
But thats all that happened, I got rid of a few pimples...but more come back. So I woulnd't buy it again...I'm looking for a cleanser that actually CLEANS the pores and keeps them clean. I used it twice a day as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by alice_alice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason this really irriates my otherwise not fussy skin. Also, I wouldn't call this a cleanser as it doesn't cleanse anything. Smell is lovely but that's about the only nice I can say about this "cleanser".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My fav cheap cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

. I bought this after reading that it was a top pick at Real Simple magazine. Thinking that it wouldnít exfoliate that much, I also got a tube of St Iveís Apricot scrub.

Turns out I didnít need the St Iveís after all. This exfoliates my dry skin, and itís much cheaper than the Modern Friction from Origins that Iíve been using.

Now that itís getting colder, I use this every few days to slough off dead skin and give my face a break from the scrubbing. During the breaks, I use Cetaphil, which I always slather around my eyes to protect the area from the scrubbing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lilyallen

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just started using this cleanser yesterday..but already my skin feels irritated. it also made my nose dry..which NEVER happens. i don't know, the bottle says gentle..but that's not the case for me at least. maybe it's not working properly because i'm supposed to use the whole line together? i bought the gentle toner as well..maybe i will try them together.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash is very creamy. Leaves a layer of oil on my face. Which is great since I have very dry skin. But I'm allergic to this and it could be due to the fragrance. I broke out in rash after 3 uses. Suitable for dry skins, but not for those who have sensitive and dry skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ellabeyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used my share of miracle cleansers that cost a fortune, and I've found that none of them deliver better results than my Nivea. I have acne prone skin, and this really helps control my breakouts and never leaves my skin dry. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pleasant surprise from the drugstore shopping spree! Initially, I bought three cleansers for sensitive skin - one from Nivea (this one), one from Olay (which totally sucked and I had to give it away after a couple of uses b/c I had a reaction to it) and one from Eucerin (excellent - will add review later). This product by Nivea is a nice change of pace. Fine exfoliating particles (not scratchy but the right texture for my combination-and-sensitive skin) in a gentle cleanser made it one of my favorites this summer. The cleanser comes in a clear tube that you can see through...it's essentially a white creamy cleanser that has little pink particles in it (as someone else has already pointed out - the pink stuff is NOT the scrubby particles). I think the exfoliating particles are white/colorless. For me, this cleanser rinses away clean (no slime left!) and my skin feels clean, soft, and smooth. It is also - thankfully - not drying. It is lightly fragranced, but the smell is relatively mild and not too annoying. And finally, I would say that if you have sensitive skin like me, you might want to alternate this cleanser with others, just so you don't "over-exfoliate"...this summer, I alternated it with a great Eucerin cleanser. Now, I am back to my favorite (tragically overpriced) Sisley cleanser. If I remember, I will try to add some info on ingredients before I throw the empty tube out...back on 8/28/2007 - first three ingredients are water, dicaprylyl carbonate, mineral oil. Buried further down the list is aloe barbadensis leaf juice and a chamomile extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bluesyme

Very gentle. Doesn't irritate my face like other cleansers. If I'm wearing foundation, I need to apply this twice to get all my makeup off. Pretty good product though, works well on my sensitive skin and doesn't dry it out. Will be repurchasing.

Edit (May 2, 2009): I've switched to Olay Moisture Balancing Foaming Face Wash, only because I couldn't find Nivea's Gentle Cleansing Cream anywhere. Since I've switched, it seems like my skin has gotten clearer. Looks like I won't be repurchasing this after all, but it's still a nice, gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.