October 22, 2014 | 1017 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Growth Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by abigailmurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After getting my nails done with extensions and realizing that the beautician had over-filed my nails, I cut them all to the quick to take away the red marks and uneven nail beds. I've always had long nails, and having them this short was making me impatient waiting for them to grow so I could paint them without getting loads of polish on the tips of my fingers.
So, I bought this, hoping that it might do something. It was my first ever Sally Hansen product and I bought it without reading reviews.
I followed the instructions, and after about a week my once horribly short nails had about a 2mm growth. I was so happy, as my natural nail growth is medium, but this upped my game ;D
Overall, the best nail growth treatment I've used so far. It totally knocks Avon's grow potion of the shelve. I recommended it to all my friends who have also said they had trouble growing their nails.
Once again, thankyou Sally Hansen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

I've used this product continuously for the past 6 years. I got every single one of my friends to try it too! It makes my nails very strong and they grow like weeds! Within 2 days my nails are extremely long and strong. I absolutely adore this product! It's the best! The only issue I have with it is that it takes longer for my nail polish to dry if I apply this product under and over the nail polish. However, it looks great on its own without any colored nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by zeezeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I don't really believe that this makes your nails grow. My nails have always grown pretty fast, but I bought it because I had a big event in a week and just-cut nails. They grew normally in that week. I think the best it can do for you is protect your nail and stop chipping and cracks, so in a sense it helps them grow. I like it anyway, because it gives a really pretty shine that doesn't look as plastic-y as other clear varnishes. I like just keeping it around to use as a base coat, and I like the consistency. Other than that, nothing miraculous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by APRICE

Love this product! Its a beauty must have and I have used it for the last few years.

I had always had short nails that never really grew much and this was amazing! Noticed results within a couple of days and it really strenghtened and made my nails grow!

I dont often get fake nails as it total ruins the condition of mine, however when I got gel nail varmish done at the salon and took it off, I used Sally to get my nails back to normal!

Do exactly what it says and dont put more that one coat on a day and be patient! Beautifil nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by srarana23

I love this as a top coat, base coat, and alone. Two coats provides more than enough shine. I don't think it grows nails as well as Sally Hansen's nail growth miracle polishes; however, it is perfect for thirsty nails and really hydrates dry tired nails. I would definitely buy this again, because in between polishes my nails usually need some tlc. This really does it. It will keep them hydrated and smooth and give you a break from color. If your sole purpose for buying this is to grow your nails, though, just try the polishes I mentioned above and you will see much better results, and you'll be able to choose from many colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a base/top coat. I'm not sure that it makes your nails grow any faster. If anything, it keeps them from chipping as they grow out, but my nails are pretty strong by themselves, so it's hard for me to say.

It works reasonably well to prevent chipping, I'd say it makes my nails last about a week, but it wasn't really anything special. The formula is kind of thick, as people are saying, but it's not unworkable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i revise my review,
when i first applied it on my nail, it seemed like really making my nail strong and gives nutriment.

after a few days, this product dries out my nail. it's crazy..
it's getting worse.. i really want return this but i can't find recite. i threw it out...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hollysunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I recently stopped biting my nails. They started growing out so I thought Id buy this to see if it would help grow them out faster. Well I used it for about 5 days. As the day goes on the nail polish gets so thick that it peels right of. After I removed the polish my nails were so dried out they started to peel. It is a beautiful top coat but other than that it did nothing for me. Everyone is different though, so possibly still give it a try. It just didnt work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by cece1030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been trying to wait and write after I have tried MG for a week...I am on day 5 now and I have to tell you, my nails look amazing after only five days of a coat a day...This stuff works...and the price is TDF...I reserve the right to see how time works with this but for now...I am totally impressed with MG...
One OP said it was thick and gunky...I havn't noticed that...I do keep it in the refrig and leave it out for about five minutes before I use it...Maybe that keeps it from being thick and hard to dry?...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jayadore

Really like this product. I randomly picked it up one day at the drug store because I needed something as a bottom coat. Although I don't think it makes my nails grow longer, it definitely made them chip a lot less. It also made my nails harder, which helped a lot against chipping and breaking.

The only problem with this product is it's so.. gunky and thick. That put me off from using it once I used more thanl.. 3/4 of the bottle. And it takes quite a long time to dry. For some reason, mine seemed to stay in this semi state of stickiness after more than a minute.