Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 2/2/2009 10:32:00 PM

I have pretty damaged hair from dyeing it and I used to straighten it. But anyways my hair basically gets oily but the ends are always dry. So I picked this up to maybe give me some moisture ( I used to use HE in that blue moisture line? it smells like coconuts and i loved it, but my mom was convinced by some old granny that P&G are satan worshippers so yea...) ANYWAYS this shampoo is freaking awful... it cleans really well but any basic shampoo can do that job. It lathers pretty well but then again I tend to use a lot of shampoo at a time.. so basically this cleans so well that it STRIPS the moisture out instead of adding it. The conditioner that goes with this isn't all too bad but it shouldn't be labeled for dry hair because it does what any basic conditioner does.. so overall I was unhappy with this because it really leaves my hair feeling like straw :P I just bought the Aussie Moist Shampoo and it's so much better

on 10/15/2008 6:03:00 PM

At first I tried using the conditioner only, and then I got the shampoo. This shampoo goes with the conditioner(obviously), so it makes the hair even more shiny, smooth, strong, and manageable. I love it soooooo much. Go get it.

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Doesnt lather. I use to steal a drop of this every so often cuz my 15 yr. old brother use to use this b4 switching to Suave Shampoo. I always use my Head & Shoulders but this stuff is NASTY. Made my Scalp acne worse. Clogged those nasty pores. Disasterous stuff. I wanted to like this cuz the scent is pleasant but Hurts my Hair and Scalp. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just keep using the H&S..Holy Grail right their! :)

on 9/9/2008 10:31:00 PM

My ULTIMATE HG. Nuff said.

on 4/16/2008 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the worst shampoo that I've ever tried. I have naturally curly hair so I thought that I would use the dry & damaged shampoo for extra moisture. This product stripped my hair, not only of dirt, but of all moisture. Even after letting my leave-in Paul Mitchell conditioner sit in my hair for hours on end before blowdrying, my hair didn't recover. Never has my hair felt so dry and damaged! I should have stuck with my Paul Mitchell Daily Moisture.

on 1/3/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it does the same thing the original garnier fortifying shampoo does. except it gave me pimples on my back. EW. never again.

I HATE THIS STUFF. My HG is Head & Shoulders..However, in the Shower out of curiosity, I picked up my Brother's "Dry & Damaged." shampoo by Garnier Fructis and my golly.....It gave my scalp ACNE??????? and, whut the hell is with this stuff? I CANT EVEN GET THIS CRAP TO LATHER...?? HORRIBLE..should of never tried a Non-Head & Shoulders product but I was drawn by its scent which FOOLED me..DONT USE..will cause your hair damage and painful acne bumps when you try and brush ur hair...ewww..Crap, CRAP!!!!!!!! Its may be a Pretty Green on the Outisde..but on the INSIDE IS WHUT MATTERS!!!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/15/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love Fructis Conditioners but I hate the Shampoos they leave my hair feeling hard..maybe because of the ingredient, Sodium Laufate.

on 8/16/2007 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

After I purchased Jumbo sizes I tried it once. After washing, I noticed my hair was significantly dull. It struck me as odd. After washing and conditioning my hair was dry blown out stayed dry however the next day it was noticeably flat as if it was oily,yet it wasn't oily. This somehow stripped any shine whatsoever. Obviously I didn't like my hair situation with the shampoo at all. I ended up giving all the Garnier purchases I made the prior day. I'll never repurchase from the Garnier Fructis line of shampoo.

on 8/14/2007 6:22:00 PM

This shampoo and conditioner left grease spots in my hair. I thought something was in my hair so i washed it more, and it only made it worse. I couldnt wear my hair down until i figured out it was my shampoo. It was really weird because i have used this brand before and nothing has ever happened like that. And it took about a week for this spot to show up. The first time i washed my hair with something else it was completely gone.