October 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have mentioned, the smell is a huge turn-off. It has a weird plastic-y scent, like an old Barbie doll. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was sorely disappointed since I kinda like the lightness of this as an all-over lotion. But icky smell = no repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this lotion. I like the smell. And it took a little bit for me to get used to the feel, but it soaks in and doesn't leave my greasy. I had some dry spots on my nose that were peeling and this cured that. I haven't noticed any color coming off on my sheets or anything. I would buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by thunderkitty0

I was looking for a natural body lotion that had no chemicals. By looking on the outside of the package, it looked great. the ingredients were good. Then... I used it. It smelled so terrible that I felt nautious and wanted to throw up. I have no idea how well it works or anything because I was so disgusted by the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by QTran77

I first got this product in a trial size and loved it. I like the carrot smell, it smells earthy and fresh. I've never liked the more fruity, floral smell so that explains a lot. The product works perfectly for me because it isn't to greasy, yet moisturizes very well. The consistancy isn't creamy like other lotions as well because as you know, Burt's Bees tries to make their lotions as natural as possible. I believe that the "creaminess" of most other lotions is only psychological, it probably is not a factor in how moistuizing a lotion is. The only exception might be Aveeno, who uses oat flour, accounting for the lotion's thickness. This lotion is a real moisturizer, it hydrates the skin, aka adding water to th skin. Other lotions usually don't hydrate the skin, they are just lipids that fill in crevices and creates a barrier on the skin to prevent moisture from escaping. The smell isn't that bad to me. It is obviously unusual. But what else are you expecting but I carrot scented lotion called "Carrot Nutritive"?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this smells really great, and gives good moisture. a weird color though, and it can stain your stuff, so be careful!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by DAMoquin

This lotion works fairly well, but I just can't get past the smell...yuck !!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best thing about this product is that it absorbs so well. I have dry skin, and a lot of lotions just seem to sit on top of the skin, probably b/c of silicones, and don't really do anything to moisturize. This one sinks in and moisturizes. I think it's great for a summer lotion, especially since carrot extract is good for combating sun exposure. If any of you are familiar with Epicurian Discovery, the texture of this lotion on the skin is a lot like their body lotions. I took off one lippie because it says on the bottle that the lotion may discolor clothing. I haven't had that problem yet, but the possibility of it happening is so uncool. I took off another lippie because this is not especially hydrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by silkybee

The smell is waaaaay too strong, and is disgusting to me, like off carrot cake. It feels like I am just rubbing water over my skin. No nice moisturizing feel at all. Maybe this feeling would be good for oily skin, but for me it feels like I am doing nothing for myself, and having to smell terrible on top of it all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

This is an okay lotion, but the spicy carrot cake smell lingers on my skin for HOURS, and that just doesn't work for me. A lotion is going to have to be pretty spectacular if I'm going to tolerate it competing with my perfume. As far as basic moisturizing lotions go, any ol' bottle you pick out at the drugstore is going to cost less, work just as well (or better), and not leave you smelling strongly of baked goods.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this lotion! wonderful, light, easily absorbed, but i admit the fragrance is one you'll either hate or love... spicy carrot-cake scent - try before you buy!