April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by x3sheeey

i LOOOVE this stuff! it goes on so smoothly... i actually thought it was gonna be orange and muddy when applied but it just gives my skin a healthy glow! SHOULD i ever run out, i would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love at first sight! A HG that I use everyday! I couldn't buy it in my country, so I asked my brother-in-law to buy it for me at the airport. I was really afraid that I would buy something unseen and it would turn out orange or muddy but let me tell you: if I had to choose 3 products from my huge make up kit, it would be this one, concealer and mascara. This takes away the ghostly paleness that I have in the morning and gives me such a healthy natural glow with so little effort. I apply the hard cream with my Mac 187 brush and within 1 minute I look like a normal being. The good thing is, that I can never go overboard with the colour, even if it's still dark in the morning without daylight I never have to worry that I applied too much colour.
What I also love about it is, that I can use up so many of my foundations that run too light. A layer of this warms up the colour and gives a soft focus bronze glow without looking cakey or fake. If you are after a very natural, no make up, soft bronzy polished look this will become your HG too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KatieDruitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Living in the land of the tanned (Australia) it is difficult to have pale freckled skin, when there are bronzed beauties everywhere!

This product is just gorgeous, despite the price and the glass bottle with potential "drop and break" I would buy again and again.

At first I thought it was going to be a liquid bronzer but it is actually behaves more like a highlighter which makes you look bronzed and healthy.

It is virtually impossible to be to heavy handed, but a little is all that is needed to gain amazing skin. If you use more...there is no more improvement in the look so you are just wasting it.

I love Chanel bronzing products, not so much a fan of their foundations.

All i can say ladies and gents is....save up and buy this product...You won't regret it...if you do...send it to me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite like just how light and airy this product is. I tried it at a counter and the SA put it alllll over my face, and surpringly it didn't look awful! So of course I bought it, but when I tried it at home it was just too orange for me. It wasn't the trick of the lighting either, it looked great even outside! I was using a brush, and it really looked pretty bad, even when placed in just a small area of my face. I was a bit disheartened, but I loved it when she SA applied it so I didn't give up. I started using my fingers and it really, really made a huge difference. My closest foundation match is 1c1 in ELDW, even in the summertime. I don't apply it alllll over, but under my cheekbones and around the outside of my face, and it's truly a lovely light color & give my skin such a healthy glow. I guess my brushes just pick up and deposit too much color, but with my fingers I am able to blend it seamlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the product but sadly it's not suited to me, I'm an NW15 in winter and can get away with NW20 in summer if I get heaps of sun and fake tan, it's a real push tho as I wear sunscreen everyday! Sadly this product just goes on orange on me, no bronze colour at all just orange! I used a very light hand and used it instead of blusher as its summer here in Sydney and wanted that summery light bronzey glow, sadly it wasnt a suitable colour. I must say the product blends great, smells lovely and is a great texture, but colour isn't for cool skin tones so beware. If your a warm skin toned lady this will look amazing on you and it's a must get! I will sell mine on trademe when I get back to New Zealand and let someone else enjoy the product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would strongly suggest to try it before buying it just because it does not show up at all if you have medium to dark complexion.
I have bought a lot of things because of the MUA and You Tube raves and this time i went to Chanel counter for trying this first and i decided that it is not worth the money.
I feel that works for paler skins.Try it before Buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by RoxyRainey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is my ultimate favourite to date; however be warned will not suit all skin tones so go to local Chanel counter and experiment first
I never used to wear much make up 2 years ago when I was 18 I used to rely on looking sun kissed and tanned more than anything, then when I was in the airport waiting to go on holiday I was in duty free and asked the lady to recommend a bronzer, I had a power based product in mind to be honest, but her first recommendation was Universal, she applied it on my hand and I took the plunge been in a rush and purchased (in the UK it retails for £29 pounds) and I havenít looked back its my main base of make up and really gives a sun kissed look, I apply this after foundation even tough itís a base, but as I only use a tinted moisturiser this way round works for me, it can be very easy to apply to much so you cant be heavy handed, comes in glam packaging so it looks lovely on your dressing table, the texture is like whipped hard mouse, can look a little matted looking after time ( if applied with a brush) however if applied with a sponge it remains neat and smooth looking
The only down falls I find with this product sadly is the fact it doesnít come with anything to apply it with, no sponge or no brush so you really sort of guess how to apply. Also the fact its like gold dust to get hold off and believe me I have tried, and left my name and number at various Chanel stands and waited up to 6 months, ( please donít product is hard to get hold of due to the fact the minerals in the product have to be grown as there expensive and Chanel didnít realise how popular product would become ) so since then I have had 2, 3 tubs at a time, instead when I couldnít get hold of it I used a make do MAC foundation similar substance and all I can say is HORRIBLE if I touched my face id get a hand print the stuff is like cement only bonus it comes with a sponge.
Universal will not suit everybody and will not suit very fair people who opt for the Ďless is more lookí
But anyone out there that likes a glam look with a natural sun kissed side get to the chanel counter
( if they have any in stock )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by thepickledegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was expensive, but definitely worth the money. You get a lot of product. In the summer, I will use concealer and this all over like a foundation. In the winter, I use this as bronzer/contour colour. It goes on very smoothly. Unlike all other cream products I have tried in the past, this does not accentuate the acne scarring on my cheeks.In fact, it makes my skin appear more smooth. After a year of use nearly every day, I have hit pan. I apply this with a powder brush. I have no problems with this fading throughout the day. The colour is extremely natural and makes me look tan. This is not a product that makes your skin feel sticky either. I have no problems wearing it when I am on vacation somewhere warm. It gives your skin the tiniest glow, not shiny, not sparkly, but more of a smooth healthy skin glow. In photographs, it makes you look like you have perfect, smooth skin. This product has an amazing smell as well. I usually do not like my face products having a scent but I don't mind this one! I haven't had any issues with this product drying out. I do keep the inner lid though. My one problem is that the jar (although pretty) is too large for travel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not imagine actually finishing this giant tub of product, but when I do, I fully expect to repurchase this gem! I really think this is one of the very best bronzer out there. I generally tend to think any alternative powder product has more fall out and less lasting power than this silicone-based one. Bronze Universel really lasts and provides a really warm and natural looking color to the skin. I like it when I am winter pale to just warm up the skin and also love it to enhance my skin when it is already slightly dark. I like how I am able to build up the intensity or leave it fairly faint to just punch up a sallow light skin. There is no shimmer to this product, so if you are looking to build a very natural color, this would be an excellent product to try out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by momark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

..expensive but worth it!It's perfect for my (sensitive) skin..I love it and i' m very desperate because i can't find it..i'd be very happy to buy it again!