September 20, 2014 | 1238 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Santal Face Treatment oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Jess0748

I have been using this product for several months now, and overall I think it is a good product. I love how moisturizing it is and I love the lavender like scent. It says that it is supposed to improve redness, but I haven't noticed any improvement in that area. I love that this product is more natural (being made of essential oils), but I don't know that works better or does anything more than a daily moisturizer. So, I am not sure if I would buy this again, but maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 4:24:00 AM More reviews by cdn_angel

I like to give it 4.5 overall:P...and 3.5 for price haha...but yes this is another one of my fav products :D personally i think its the best clarins oil outta the three even though my skin get oily sometimes:P

hmm this stuff is too potent and i tend to waste alot esp with the jar-.- i wish there was a way to use this sorta pricey product economically...maybe dilute this with some other cream.oil (but im lazy)

lastly...use this stuff a couple days in a row...the results will "build"....hmmm o ya i dont think this is too good for the summer as skin tends to get "sticky",,,perfect for winter/canada skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by pompeii00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

dry sensitive skin. tried everything. got a sample of this and was so impressed. definitely plumps up the skin a bit and leaves it smooth with no irritation. this is a must have and even after washing teeth in middle of day i reach for it to pat on lips and mouth area again. neck area is showing great improvement but will report back in cold dry winter with waddle updates. saving the little sample bottle to refill for overseas flights. great also is the body tonic oil. not as impressed with their "anti eau" body treatment oil. my skin gets a bit crinkly with that one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. It's great to have an oil handy if you're dry and you know that jojoba won't do the job because it's not moisturizing enough. A very oily oil this is, and little is needed to get the job done. I can see that with regular use this container will take me quite awhile to empty. The scent could be a problem for some, it's almost musty, almost too "natural" I think. I like the container because it screws on tight and doesn't leak. EDIT 10/12/08: I use this after getting out of the pool after swimming laps. It puts all the moisture back in my tight dry skin very quickly. I've upped this to a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love santal oil. It is--literally--the only item for skin that I have actually used up in the past couple of years. (usually I get sucked in by some new gimmick, try a product, and either it clogs my pores or it doesn't do anything.) Santal oil seems to be the best hydrator for my dry but easily-cloggged sensitive skin. Im not super sensitive, however--those with extremely sensitive skin might be irritated by the essential oils in this. Honestly, I don't know exactly what's in it because the Clarins website only gives you the "generalized" ingredients--the only way to get a complete listing is to save the box, so Im not sure what potential irritants are in it, but it is the best for my dry, dry skin. Ive used other oil treatments before (Aveda, Decleor, EO) but this is the mildest and most effective.
I use it over Alpha Hydrox 12% or another exfoliator and it moisturizes superbly, and helps to soothe any redness I might be having in my cheeks. I love it, sometimes I use it morning, noon, and night. I am now ordering another bottle. The bottle kinda sucks though, you have to be careful with it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by pruma

Firstly ..who the hell designed this bottle .. I always end up with too little or wayyyyy too much.

I must say .. I'm sold on Clarins hydra quench cream, but thought it wasn't "moisturing" enough and my skin cenuals hydrating b5 gel seems to be creating small bumps on my skin (eeooow) ... so I got this along with the lotus oil, for when my skin feels a little tight or needs that extra moisture.

I must say this isn't the smell I "love" ..it's very clove-ish and not the one I am inclined to... but my skin has been responding very well to it and it plumps up my skin and I have this glowing skin now .. i'm not sure if it's this product alone that's doing it (I follow this one up with clarins hydra-quench cream and use the lotus oil for most times), but over all .. i have touchably soft, amazingly healthy looking skin and it hasn't broken out my combination skin.

Love it. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a must have product everyday! i have been using santal oil and orchidee bleue oil ever since i was recommanded by my friend as i have very bad ezyma skin. it helps in soothing, moisturzing and giving my skin a glow.. thanks to clarins! if u have problem with ezyma prone skin, highly recommanded! don't use doctors cream anymore, it juz worsen the condition.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I was worried about using this as I have combination skin, but it was recommended by the SA to use it every other night as a treatment as the skin on my cheeks is dry. Im not too keen on the smell of this and when applied my face is quite oily, but in the mornig my skin looks fab, its really moisturised and has a glow to it. Hasnt made my Tzone more oily (i only get slightly oily anyway) . The redness I have always had around my nose is also lessening (I note that this could be a combination of the other Clarins products I am using) As my skin is better moisturised my makeup is going on much more smoothly. This product will last me ages as I only need to use a small amount. I will definately repurchase this. Took 1 lippie off due to the smell which is quite strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i needed a product that really moisturised because i am on roaccutane. so i bought this before my skin really started to get badly dry as a precautionary. i also bought superdefense moisturizer by clinique and this worked out to be about 20 dollars cheaper and will last about 6 months (according to the clarins sa) compared to the 2 months that it would take me to get through the superdefense (if i was using it as my only moisturizer). it comes in quite a small glass jar and never leaks. you dont need much, the most economical way to use it is to make sure your face is damp (with toner or water) after cleansing with then pour a small amount into your hand, rub your palms together then press both hands onto your face until you have distributed the oil evenly over your face. the oil soaks in very quickly but it does leave a sheen to your face.it says to only use this at night but ive found myself using it day and night except that in the daytime i follow the face oil with the superdefense which has an spf.i only use a little of the superdefense and only for the spf not because i need extra moisture (and roaccutane does give you crazily dry skin).it claims to reduce redness, i did not notice any change in redness when i was using it at night.however once i started using this in the daytime too, redness around and on my nose and cheeks has faded a little, i dont know whether this is because my skin is being soothed or well moisturized or because of the formulation of the oil but i have noticed a difference.now that im using it twice a day it wont last as long but it is still going to last me a looooong time! i really love the smell of this too and i think its a great product.it is fast becoming a HG.
edit: i still love this stuff but i have gone through it really fast so i think that it will actually only last me 2 months and a half to get through one bottle but its a reasonable price for the quality if i buy it on strawberrynet so i will continue to purchase.the skin is looking really good so im happy.i wake up to beautiful radiant, soft, peaches and cream skin and really noticed the difference when i didnt use it.just recieved my 2nd bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! I'm one of those people who never thought theyd someday be using oil on their face: I have sensitive combo skin that breaks out very easily. But after reading MUA reviews I decided to purchase Santal Face Oil last winter. And I must tell you, that was one of the best winters Ive ever had skin-wise ;) Now I continue to use it a few times a week. Like suggested, I use it at night. It absorbs quickly and my skin looks and feels so much more moisturized and smoother in the morning. I also cannot praise the cardamom scent enough! It is, by far, one of my favourite spices.