July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Palettes - MAC - Pro Colour Palette/Small Eye Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Britmacgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It makes collating my eye colours so easy. I have the 15 for my neutrals/taupes/grays etc. I then have 4's for the silvers/greens/blues/purples/bronzes/pinks etc. I label the smaller ones so I know whats in there to save rummaging. Ditto as per previous reviews for break factor. Its rather fragile! I like the fact that it isn't glue or stuck in with tabs, as if I fancy a mess around with my colours, they easily pop out and can be rearranged. I'm not sure if its a separate review, but the blush one is great too. I definately would repurchase, but the risk is that if I buy another 15 palette, I have an pverwhelming urge to fill it :o) A must for MAC lovers x x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Rosi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love these palettes; they allow you to keep all your shadows in one place, which makes storage and finding shadows so much easier as there is no clutter, and they are also perfect for travelling! You can stack several on top of each other to save room; it's so much easier and neater to keep 15 shadows in one of these rather than 15 individual pots as it can take forever to find the shadow you're looking for! Be careful however as if you drop the palette, you can cause damage to a lot of the shadows (talking from experience here!) so take care when using them around hard floors! I would love these even more if the lids were clear so you could see the shadows inside, as at the moment I have to make do with labelling the palettes as I own several, which saves me rummaging through every palette to find a specific colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by ep3074

I love my palette. I just purchased my first one and to be honest, I thought it would be MORE expensive because it is from MAC. I will continue to buy these palettes when I get more eyeshadows to fill them. I think they are a great way to store your eyshadow pans and I love that they are magnetized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the fact i can keep my eyeshadows in place but i have like 8 of these palletes now and i don't even understand why Mac increased the price for empty plastic. If you drop this pallete eyeshadows will break so be careful. I would repurchase just because i don't really have any other choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The concept is great. The Pro Colour Palette does its job in keeping all MAC eye shadows in one place, but it's not accident-proof IMO. Yes, it's magnetized and the pans stick to the palette relatively well, but if you shook/dropped the palette your eyeshadows could pop out. Also, it's kinda pricey in my opinion. With the recent price increase I'm not all that happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Love this product! Great for organizing shadows as well as every other type of potted makeup. Learned from YouTube videos how to depot shadows as well as other items I need to live on a daily basis (bronzer, blush, highlighter, powder foundation), and to remove the inner 15 shadow divider to make it into a universal palette. My makeup square footage has been drastically reduced into 3 very sleek, professional looking compacts. No more fumbling around with a bunch of compacts for everything.

I travel extensively and this product has cut down my clutter to absolutely none. The product is sturdy and well made. It retails for $14 at MAC stand-alone stores only. If you're looking to organize and get serious about makeup, get these. Other palettes that I chose this one from are Japonesque, Unii (which is really cute btw, but I don't need to carry my makeup around during the day/night, just traveling), and Z Palette. MAC is more cost efficient than any of the rest, but you may like the look of the others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's so much easier to have all your eyeshadows in one place

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh YouTube, this might be the best thing I learned from all your MAC loving video makers. I had my awkward collection of pots of MAC shadows, and I discovered not only can you easily remove your shadows from the little pots, MAC sells these little palettes that hold all your shadow pans. And then I learned that if you take out the divider, you can hold 26 if you arrange the shadows a certain way:

And THEN the MAC website started selling palette refills, so no more shadow depotting was necessary and the refills are cheaper! I thought I was going to miss the Back2MAC benefits for the lipstick for returning 6 shadow pots, but 14.50 * 6= $87.00 and 11 * 6= $66.00 so 87-66= $21, so with the money you save buying shadow refills you can buy a lipstick and have 7 bucks left over, plus the women at my local MAC counter like to not hook me up with the limited edition lipsticks and are generally unpleasant to deal with, so I don't miss going to do back to MACs. I love my MAC palettes, sometimes I want to sleep with them. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have both the 15 pan palette and the 4 pan palette.

The x4 palette has a clear lid and x15 palette has a black lid. Both are quite sturdy and sleek. The x4 palettes make it very easy to organize a single look and I store the eyeshadows that I use everyday in these. These are also fantastic if you travel a lot and I usually just take one or two of these when going away for a few days.

I also have the 15 pan palette which is excellent and I store the eyeshadows that I don't use on a daily basis in this.

It works out a little cheaper as well to get the pan eyeshadows although it is quite difficult to get them in Ireland - they are only available in MAC in Brown Thomas on Grafton Street in Dublin as far as I am aware.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My extensive eyeshadow collection was getting out of control. It was hard to find the colors I wanted and keep everything straight. So I purchased the eyeshadow palette from MAC and depotted my shadows. It's so much more organized and more fun in the palette! It makes me feel like I'm a mini makeup artist every morning and it's easy to brainstorm color combinations since you can see all your shadows at once. So much easier to store also, once I bought this it freed up a lot of space on my vanity.

Also, purchasing the pro pan refills for the eyeshadow palettes are a few dollars cheaper from MAC. They come without the plastic outside, no depotting necessary and the magnet and sticker are on there too. These are now available from the MAC website too.

One small con is that there is some fall out when picking up shadows so that does need to be dusted off occasionally.