July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Delena23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi! I am new here and this is my first review, I just wanna say how much this product has helped me a lot but there are major downsides of it and I've been using this for at least 4 weeks now.

I have oily face and I get 2-3 spots mostly on my forehead, I don't like the oily feeling that when I touch my forehead its so greasy.
This product helped me reduce the oiliness and massively cleared my scar marks on forehead. I still get spots but I think its because the effect doesn't last for long.
I know that I've seen good effect on me but here's the thing.
I Know this sounds stupid but I only realised the ingredients contain ALL PARABEN TYPES. Isobutylparaben, butylparabed and etc you should check it out yourself

According to researchers, parabens have a link to breast cancer although it has not been proven to be the cause. I have read a couple of case studies involving women and they found majority of their breast tissue with parabens.
Specialists said that a few parabens will be okay because it is normal and we cant really avoid it.
The KEY point is A FEW, however this product is not the definition of few and in fact it contains all paraben chemicals.

As much as I want to use this product because it has helped me a lot, I dont wanna risk my health too. I will also stop using seaweed clarifying night treatment because it also contain parabens.
IITS BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

I am sticking to my seaweed facial wash though because I've been using it for 4 years now but I've only used seaweed products for a very long time and now Im scared of what type of skin products I shall buy, I only need a toner and a night cream :(
Please help, I dunno if I should stick to body shop because I was more for natural products but I guess not :(

HELP? What is the best toner and cream to get rid of old acne bumps and pimples and oily skin?
Reply asap please.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MariaaPaul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product a few months ago hoping it would help my oily skin, but I'm not too impressed. I don't see any visible difference, I still get breakouts and I still get oily, however sometimes it can be a little bit drying (depending on the weather).
Doesn't break me out and is very refreshing, but I'm afraid I'll not be repurchasing this since I see no differences in my skin condition.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my second toner from The Body Shop. The first one I used was the Tea Tree toner. Unfortunately, it was a little too harsh for my face, so I switched to this one since the Seaweed facial scrub was working out quite nicely for me. The smell is a little strong, like others mentioned, but it's a "clean" type of smell. Not anything bad, and I'm definitely fine with that. It works well to clean off the dirt on my face and it leaves my face feeling refreshed, clean and matte. I would purchase this again as my default go-to toner, the only thing that I do not like is the fact that it does have propylparaben in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by kace1396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product really didn't do anything for me. It gave a really nice clean feeling, but that's where it ends. I wasn't a big fan of the scent, either. This stuff smells pretty strongly of baby wipes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hollysin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately this broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by cuyugang0322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do have oily skin, and rarely go out without at least a TM or concealer. I use a mild face wash (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser). This toner ALWAYS does a great job of picking up the remaining traces of dirt and oil. I use a total of two cottons: the first cotton is for all over my face and hairline; the second cotton I use for my neck and chest. I find it preps me for my topical acne creams (currently using Proactiv's Step 3). I have tried using Neutrogena's complementary toner (the blue container that says "Alcohol-free") but I find that it does not make me feel clean enough. The Seaweed toner does have alcohol and menthol that gives me a clean and fresh feel without over drying my skin. When using this, I feel less oily throughout the day, but it is in conjunction with other oil-controlling products that I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Chickabomb

I really like this product. I use this after I wash my face with a body shop cleanser. This toner leaves your skin fresh and it removes ALL the make up which the cleanser couldn't remove.
One Con: sometimes my skin tends to get oily faster after using it but I can't tell if it's because of the toner or something else...
I would buy this product again, because it's the best toner I've ever got my hands on and the price could be worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I don't really use toner, but this was part of the seaweed starter kit. I use it right after the cleanser. this toner feels very nice and refreshing on the skin, but I haven't noticed any benefits it has over regular witch hazel o_O also, it makes my skin feel a little too dehydrated. the seaweed day cream isn't enough to moisturize my skin after using this and the cleanser, and I supposedly have oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I didn't like this, your face doesn't feel squeaky clean after you've used it like alot of toners do, it just sits there on your face god I don't know thee's something about the formula that I don't like. It's just too mild and doesn't feel like it's doing anything at all, no results at all.
Also I went and left this in my bathroom in summer in the heat for 5 days, came back and it's already changed color, it went from being clear to this cloudy whit-ish color, so word of advice don't leave it in the heat it WILL turn it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lxbrittin21

I will edit this review after i've used the toner for a longer period of time, to update about the pore-minimizing effects.

so far, i am very happy about this product. it does its job in removing impurities very well. i used to breakout here and there but this toner really minimized the breakouts tremendously. very happy about it.

i have read in the comments that it might have pore-minimizing effects and does not help in taming oil. will try to take note of that (since i have large pores and a very oily face), and hopefully give a helpful review in these two aspects next time!