The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 4/4/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm 17, I have combination skin and only really get spots in my T zone area. My cheeks are usually normal, so this was said to be perfect for my skin type.

WRONG!

I got it for free as part of the Body Shops 3 for 2 deal. I've been using it for 3 days and already I'm getting little spots that I never used to get before. Not a lot comes off on the cotton pad either.

It squirts out of the bottle really fast.

I don't see a real problem with the smell, it smells fresh.

I definitely would not buy it again, what's the point if it just causes break outs!

I wish I had read up on it on makeup alley before I bought it. Worst decision!

on 3/25/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Just an average toner. It isn't too harsh on my skin, it feels nice and refreshing and I can see the excess dirt and oils come off my face but it really does nothing for acne. If you just need an average toner this is perfect, but if you're looking for something that will significantly change the condition of your skin this is definitely NOT it.

on 3/24/2013 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this as i really want to love the body shop skincare but this was such a disappointment! I have very oily and acne prone skin and after years of not using a toner i decided that this might help clear up my skin. It didn't help at all, instead made me breakout, stung my skin, and really did nothing in terms of removing excess dirt or keeping my face less oily. don't recommend at all.

on 3/15/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't work for me with my acne. A waste of money.

on 2/18/2013 9:10:00 AM

i haven't had a single pimple since i was a teenager ten yrs ago, this broke my skin out for some reason.

on 2/12/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hi! I am new here and this is my first review, I just wanna say how much this product has helped me a lot but there are major downsides of it and I've been using this for at least 4 weeks now.

I have oily face and I get 2-3 spots mostly on my forehead, I don't like the oily feeling that when I touch my forehead its so greasy.
This product helped me reduce the oiliness and massively cleared my scar marks on forehead. I still get spots but I think its because the effect doesn't last for long.
I know that I've seen good effect on me but here's the thing.
I Know this sounds stupid but I only realised the ingredients contain ALL PARABEN TYPES. Isobutylparaben, butylparabed and etc you should check it out yourself

According to researchers, parabens have a link to breast cancer although it has not been proven to be the cause. I have read a couple of case studies involving women and they found majority of their breast tissue with parabens.
Specialists said that a few parabens will be okay because it is normal and we cant really avoid it.
The KEY point is A FEW, however this product is not the definition of few and in fact it contains all paraben chemicals.

As much as I want to use this product because it has helped me a lot, I dont wanna risk my health too. I will also stop using seaweed clarifying night treatment because it also contain parabens.
IITS BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

I am sticking to my seaweed facial wash though because I've been using it for 4 years now but I've only used seaweed products for a very long time and now Im scared of what type of skin products I shall buy, I only need a toner and a night cream :(
Please help, I dunno if I should stick to body shop because I was more for natural products but I guess not :(

HELP? What is the best toner and cream to get rid of old acne bumps and pimples and oily skin?
Reply asap please.

on 1/12/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product a few months ago hoping it would help my oily skin, but I'm not too impressed. I don't see any visible difference, I still get breakouts and I still get oily, however sometimes it can be a little bit drying (depending on the weather).
Doesn't break me out and is very refreshing, but I'm afraid I'll not be repurchasing this since I see no differences in my skin condition.

on 12/4/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my second toner from The Body Shop. The first one I used was the Tea Tree toner. Unfortunately, it was a little too harsh for my face, so I switched to this one since the Seaweed facial scrub was working out quite nicely for me. The smell is a little strong, like others mentioned, but it's a "clean" type of smell. Not anything bad, and I'm definitely fine with that. It works well to clean off the dirt on my face and it leaves my face feeling refreshed, clean and matte. I would purchase this again as my default go-to toner, the only thing that I do not like is the fact that it does have propylparaben in it.

on 8/24/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product really didn't do anything for me. It gave a really nice clean feeling, but that's where it ends. I wasn't a big fan of the scent, either. This stuff smells pretty strongly of baby wipes.

on 8/12/2012 5:30:00 PM

Unfortunately this broke me out.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products