October 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous classic product to have on hand at all times. I like the unscented version, as I don't care for the floral scent of the regular version. Super-lightweight yet moisturizing, leaves skin soft & smooth. Non-irritating & lasts a long time, & surprisingly doesn't turn rancid easily like other oils I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll preface this review by saying I'm not a big fan of most Neutrogena products. When I was growing up, that clear brown soap was one of those products that everyone and their mama swore by. It never did anything for me. Same goes for the other products I've tried - moisturizers, shampoos, face cleansers, eye makeup remover (probably the worst one I've ever tried), the acne body washes - none of them did a thing for me. That's the main reason I never tried this body oil. I heard good things about it but having been disappointed by Neutrogena before, I just didn't bother.

A few months back, my mom offered this oil to me. She had the same bottle sitting in her bathroom for years and, for whatever reason, only used it a handful of times. Never one to turn down a free, almost full bottle of anything, I took it. I fully expected to be let down but this oil is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Seriously, it's good!

As I've gotten older, my skin has gotten drier. Skipping the all important moisturizing step is now no longer an option - I kind of have to do it or risk looking like I rolled around in flour. I really don't like slathering on lotion because most are sticky and just make me feel like I need another shower. I'm also kind of lazy and find the extra step of putting on lotion to be a pain. I've tried the lazier (wo)man's route of after shower body oils but they're typically too slick and leave my skin way too oily. I usually ended up wiping most of it off so I could get dressed. Very counterproductive. Dry body oil is a good option but those are pretty hard to find at a reasonable price.

This oil is just something different entirely. It's an oil but it's not overly oily. There's nothing greasy or icky feeling about it. I use this right after my shower while my skin is still wet. I then pat myself dry and allow my skin to air dry a bit before dressing. By that time, my skin has absorbed the oil and I'm good to go. No weird oil stained clothes or feeling like a walking oil slick. My skin is totally soft and smooth and stays that way throughout the night and the next day.

While I love this oil, it does have one downside. The bottle my mom gave me was the unscented version. I wouldn't call it entirely unscented - it has a sort of boring/blah smell that will stick to your towel but it really doesn't linger on your body. I used up the bottle my mom gave me so I bought the other "regular" version which is lightly scented. I'm not crazy about the regular scent as it's a bit floral and old ladyish. It also lingers for a good long while. In the future, I think I'll stick to the unscented version.

As this is a Neutrogena product, it is a bit on the pricey side. An 8.5oz bottle costs about $8/9 while a 16oz bottle is around $13. Compared to some of the company's other products, this is actually on the lower end of the price spectrum so it's not enough of a deterrent to stop me from buying it again. One 8.5oz bottle should last about two to three months if you shower twice a day and don't slather on two handfuls.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has dry skin and is tired of lotion routine. This oil actually delivers and isn't a huge pain to use. I typically don't stick to moisturizing my skin despite the fact that I need it because I get lazy. I haven't skipped using this oil since I got it. Get a bottle, you likely won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by ohohcoco

What I love about this product is that it is lightweight and it has a light scent that lingers - I don't find it overpowering at all. It's best to use it just after you step out of the shower then apply this product all over. It gives your skin a very light sheen, a light scent and a soft smooth body. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit pricey (here in the Philippines) and I wish it would be in a spray bottle so it's easier to apply on the body. I knocked the bottle over and it spilled - yeah it's my fault. But overall, I absolutely love this product and I would definitely buy another one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by klanepr1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have loved this product for years -- it has been my go-to body lotion and my husband raves about my body skin (I'm not telling!).
Here's the question -- has the formula changed? The latest bottle seems like the product is thinner and a bit less moisturizing. Has anyone else come across this?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by HLowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a great light oil, but I found the smell was very over-powering and did not go away. It was not a nice clean smell either, but a highly floral one or like some bad 60's incense. It's a question of taste. I am not knocking anyone who likes it, just warning people that it does have a strong fragrance. I might not like fragrance in products, but if I really like a product, it won't stop me from using it. I could not get past this one for some reason.

I loved everything else about this product. I am tempted to try the fragrance free version, but some say that it has a mild fragrance. I'd be OK with that, but some said that about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this yesterday and it's amazing, I have only used it once and I love it. I thought it would be a bit messy applying oil straight from the bottle but it's so easy. The scent is divine, not too strong, smells very similar to floral essential oils. It absorbs quickly so it doesn't leave me feeling all greasy and gross and plus makes my skin feel so soft. This is defintely on its way to being my HG body oil, much better than all the others I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so I am lazy. with a capital LLLL. So when I stumbled upon this, I figured it would be so much better than meticulously applying lotion every day. And it totally is. I thought I'd found my HG. Until, I started getting nasty pustules every where. Sensitive skin ladies beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time because I read online that this would help my very dry skin. I had alot of problems with little red bumps on the back of my arms and worst, on my thighs. They were terrible! Then I started using this after getting out of the shower and I was very pleasantly surprised at the result. My thighs have never been so smooth, and the red bumps? Gone. Amazing. After all the different products I've used to try to solve this problem! I love this stuff!ONLY downside is the smell. A little too overpowering for me, the first few times I used this i almost felt sick from the smell. Now it doesn't bother me as much. It isn't a bad smell, just strong,

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is old school. "If it works why fix it?" is an old, but true cliche, especially when it comes to this Sesame Oil from Neutrogena. It's been around forever and is "old as the hills." It's a great product nonetheless! After stepping out your bath/shower (hopefully after you used a body scrub) you towel dry yourself, but not completely as you take this very thin/lightweight oil and apply sparingly to your hands/body and massage it in w/your hands. Throw a robe on and in 5 minutes you're ready to dress as the oil has sunk in, making your skin feel like silk by locking the moisture from your bath/shower into the skin. This has a distinct fragrance additive so test it before buying to make sure you like the scent.
Another GREAT use: Apply to warm/wet skin that is about to be shaved and apply your shaving cream/gel on top of the oil. It lubricates the skin and provides more slip between skin and razor. You'll never get a nick and shaving irritation will be squelched from the Sesame Oli. Another light layer after shaving heals/softens further. A man can use it this way for his beard as well though I'd skip using it afterwards and apply a moisturizer or after shave soothing cream. It works wonders!!! Other lightweight oils are also great for under your shave cream/gel as a slippery cushion for your razor, sparing your skin from certain razor burn/friction. It adds to those little slippery strips above your blades and when they wear out and feel dry this is the perfect antidote. Your blade may still be good, just not the strip. A way to get more from worn out razor strips!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by gemswah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had been using Palmer's Body Oil for the past 9 months, and absolutely loved everything about it and what it did for my skin. Finally, my partners dislike of the chocolate scent made me give Neutrogena a go. Firstly, I hated the scent. Reminded me of toilet spray. It's so cheap and synthetic - not at all like the florals I've read it described as. But, it faded quickly which was great, and didn't clash with my perfume. I soon became accustomed to the scent, but after about a month of using daily after my shower, I broke out into the worst rash! Dry scaly patches of skin, and it was really really itchy. So much so I'd scratch in my sleep and wake up with the skin broken. Still trying to figure out what ingredient it is I'm having a reaction to... but I went straight back to Palmers, and might investigate virgin coconut oil or jojoba next.