Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose/Rose Tendre

4.4

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) mica, ptfe, dimethicone, nylon-12, zinc stearate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, cetyl dimethicone, titanium dioxide, triisocetyl citrate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, propylparaben, acrylates copolymer.

on 4/22/2009 5:36:00 PM

Good grief - I had this in college (about 25 years ago)! Imagine a cosmetic company actually producing something for more than a scant couple of years... Anyway, I got it recently after forgetting about it for years and I'm happy. The name describes it exactly: the color of cedar wood with pink mixed in. For some reason I don't remember it being so soft & natural, but back in the 80s we piled on our blusher with a trowel in a straight line under our cheekbones... The cute little brush actually works well so you don't have to carry a spare, and of course it's in the typically sleek Lancome compact. I knocked off a point for the price although since blusher lasts forever, I guess it's not all that bad.

on 9/19/2008 5:42:00 PM

The best blush I've ever bought. Creams and stains promise to give you a just-gone-to-the-gym (or at least flounced-in-from-walking-up-some-stairs) look, but this one really does. It's the most natural looking blush I've ever seen. In the morning, it looks natural but "done." By afternoon, it's a warm glow. By the time you get home, it mixes with your natural color and looks sweet. The only blush I would recommend to any pale person. It's like selective Victorian-painting rosaecea.

on 7/13/2008 12:56:00 PM

Me: n/d, 41. Pros: Excellent soft blush- matte without being chalky. The ashes of rose description is perfect- kind of like a deep rose petal that has started to age in a vase. Lovely blend of pink, red, and brown-- I don't get peach with this but I'm very yellow olive. Cons: very soft color, possibly even not enough for a medium skin tone. The texture is so nice, though, that it is probably buildable. Price: Moderate, but there's a fair amount of product. Buy again: yes.

on 12/31/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this is a lovely, subtle, natural 'ashes of roses' color that has been a 'go to blush' for me for many years. it is a muted-dusty-rose..(well.. a 'cedar rose' )and is great for fair skin. as an NW 15, this adds a perfect natural hint of color. it is not red, pink, or peach, but a muted combo of all of these, making it a netural rose good for warm or cool undertones. i actually bought this thinking " it looks like the one i use when i'm home, back east.." and realized, now that i am back east, that it IS the color..LOL!
i like to use this over BB 'blushed rosed' rouge pot, as they are basically identical in color on me, and over stonwashed pink rouge pot, to set it and define/contour.
very good natural shade, a staple in my MU stash.

on 11/15/2007 9:13:00 AM

This is a very nice, natural blush. It's perfect for those days when you're wearing minimal makeup and just need a splash of color. :)

on 8/19/2007 4:39:00 PM

I first bought this blush in 2002 right before my sister got married. I hadn't worn blush for years because I had never found one that didn't make be break out, but I wanted to look nice for her wedding. I went to the make counter at Macy's and this is what was recommended. I am so glad I gave this blush a try. I have been using it every since and also have tried the Sheer Amourose color and Rose Fresque color. This is a nice neutral peachy color that goes with everything, although I usually wear my pinkier blush (right now the rose fresque) with pastels and purples. By the way, I have medium blonde hair, pale skin without much of an undertone, and brown/green eyes, but I think this color would look great on just about anyone.

on 1/9/2007 8:22:00 PM

I stole this from my mom! It's a great blush. I am pale w/ dark hair and dark eyes, and it's just the right sort of tawny brown/pink, I love that there's no shimmer (b/c inevitably, shimmer in my blushes ends up all over my face). Just a nice, simple, natural everyday blush. I wish the lid hadn't broken off mine (thanks Mom) but I would definately repurchase.

on 12/14/2006 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes I would buy this a thousand times! I love this blush it is so subtle yet it gives you the perfect slightly flushed look. You can use it to give your face more definition around the cheekbones, or you can use it as an everyday blush. Its color is so incredible its difficult to say whether it is in the pink, brown or orange family it seems to go so well with EVERY lipstick Ive ever worn. Since my face tends to be red anyways I have overly pink/red tone blushes, even Nars orgasm is way too pink and tacky on my face. This is the perfect one for every skin tone--be it ethnic or caucasian. I have fair ethnic skin my sister has dark ethnic skin and we both use this its beautiful. It stays put too, what can I say it is the perfect blush and I keep coming back for it despite trying everything else. Nothing like it in the world--eat your heart out, Nars Chanel etc!

on 9/23/2006 10:41:00 PM

My HG of blush - great color. I'm a fairskinned readhead with blue eyes and this is the color I come back to again and again.

on 8/15/2006 1:57:00 PM

This is pretty, but a little too pink for me. I prefer miel glace.

Popular Blush Products