Jurlique Clarifying Day Care Lotion

3.0

on 3/23/2006 9:32:00 AM

This is a very thin cream-lotion, smells very naturally. It's really softening and moisturizing. It doesn't contol oils though. I am not sure if I would purchase since I got a sample. Lasts long time, however.
EDIT: I now think that it leaves real greasy film on my face. Too bad. I am taking away 2 lippies.

on 3/8/2006 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got four 25 mL semiused bottles of this in a swap (thanks missgaliano!) and I don't know if I am using them properly (is this a moisturizer or a toner?) but it didn't do a lot for me. Actually, come to think of it, I broke out a lot during the two months I was using it, but I attributed that to stress and to the harsh Boston winter. Maybe it was the DCFL. I felt it wasn't hydrating enough for my super-dry skin, which in turn might have caused or sped along the breakouts. Then I took it with me for a two week trip to hot, dry India, and my skin was still tight and dry. So maybe this would work better in a humid climate. Anyway, I've switched to Clarins and things are much better even though the weather is worse. I love Jurlique's other products (face wash cream, cleansing lotion, floral waters, hand creams). Packaging is awesome - it's a pump that dispenses accurately.

on 2/8/2006 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Lightweight on my face and I don't find it too greasy....but the problem I have with it is the scent. It is too much too powerful for my taste.

on 1/3/2006 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Somebody gave me a bottle of this as a gift. I thought I would have no use for it at all on my dryish, sensitive, 30-something skin. It is a thin fluid and rather stinky in a botanical sense. i've been using it for about a week and my skin looks great. The smell dissipates within a few minutes. Other reviewers have mentioned it feels like it leaves a film on their skin, which is perhaps why it is working better on my dry skin. It probably isn't hydrating enough for winter use, though.

on 12/12/2005 7:14:00 AM

It's a nice product, probably better for normal/dry skin rather than oily. It is a rather thin lotion with a pleasant fragrance. When my skin is dry I like it, it contains anioxidants and some plant oils and feels 'healthy'.
I dont like he fact that it is needs to be applied to damp skin, also no SPF.
No breakouts or irritations though. I find that less is more with this particular product.

on 11/19/2005 2:16:00 AM

I really like this face lotion. Have been using it for about a month now and my skin has never looked better. The lotion is hydrating and helped clear my skin from breake outs. Will definetely buy again!!

on 10/14/2005 2:02:00 AM

I have been using this for quite a while now, as a little goes a long, long way. I have combination skin, some t-zone oiliness and dry-ish cheeks. I loved this to start with, but the longer I use it, I'm finding that it's exacerbating the oiliness of my forehead. I'm left with a slightly tacky feeling on my face after applying. Am happy to use the rest of the product, but will not repurchase. Love the scents of the Jurlique products though!

on 10/8/2005 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this recently and I'm wearing it for the first time today. I like the scent and the consistency and so far it appears to be hydrating (I have oily but dehydrated skin) without making me oily. It sank right into my face. If I don't break out from this I'll consider purchasing a full sized bottle. UPDATE: I bought a bottle and it lasted four months, so it's been good value. This is a nice product overall, but it's a bit meh. Hasn't done anything that a $4 tube of Nivea Soft can't do. Probably won't repurchase because for the price (even though it works out to be economical) you would want it to do something special, and it really hasn't.

on 9/12/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is actually a toner, not a lotion. I use it with a cotton pad each morning. I like it because it is hydrating but does not aggravate or induce any breakouts or oiliness. I do feel that sometimes it is a tad too hydrating for summer, however, so will probably be more a fan for wintertime. I have oily-combo skin that is very acne-prone, dryness-prone, and sensitive.

on 7/27/2005 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Out of all the Jurlique products I use, this is the only one I'm a bit apprehensive about. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be blocking my pores a bit, and undoing the good that all the other products do. I've never actually bought it, but have recieved enough sample bottles to last me a lifetime. I just keep getting more of them every time I buy something and my mum gets them too and gives them to me. I guess since I don't have to pay for it I'll keep using it until I find something else. It does seem to give a nice glow.

Popular Moisturizers