August 20, 2014 | 2039 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Clarifying Day Care Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by northender

I got four 25 mL semiused bottles of this in a swap (thanks missgaliano!) and I don't know if I am using them properly (is this a moisturizer or a toner?) but it didn't do a lot for me. Actually, come to think of it, I broke out a lot during the two months I was using it, but I attributed that to stress and to the harsh Boston winter. Maybe it was the DCFL. I felt it wasn't hydrating enough for my super-dry skin, which in turn might have caused or sped along the breakouts. Then I took it with me for a two week trip to hot, dry India, and my skin was still tight and dry. So maybe this would work better in a humid climate. Anyway, I've switched to Clarins and things are much better even though the weather is worse. I love Jurlique's other products (face wash cream, cleansing lotion, floral waters, hand creams). Packaging is awesome - it's a pump that dispenses accurately.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mliz717

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lightweight on my face and I don't find it too greasy....but the problem I have with it is the scent. It is too much too powerful for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 3:20:00 AM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Somebody gave me a bottle of this as a gift. I thought I would have no use for it at all on my dryish, sensitive, 30-something skin. It is a thin fluid and rather stinky in a botanical sense. i've been using it for about a week and my skin looks great. The smell dissipates within a few minutes. Other reviewers have mentioned it feels like it leaves a film on their skin, which is perhaps why it is working better on my dry skin. It probably isn't hydrating enough for winter use, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2005 7:14:00 AM More reviews by agad

It's a nice product, probably better for normal/dry skin rather than oily. It is a rather thin lotion with a pleasant fragrance. When my skin is dry I like it, it contains anioxidants and some plant oils and feels 'healthy'.
I dont like he fact that it is needs to be applied to damp skin, also no SPF.
No breakouts or irritations though. I find that less is more with this particular product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2005 2:16:00 AM More reviews by fjellis

I really like this face lotion. Have been using it for about a month now and my skin has never looked better. The lotion is hydrating and helped clear my skin from breake outs. Will definetely buy again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2005 2:02:00 AM More reviews by tilly76

I have been using this for quite a while now, as a little goes a long, long way. I have combination skin, some t-zone oiliness and dry-ish cheeks. I loved this to start with, but the longer I use it, I'm finding that it's exacerbating the oiliness of my forehead. I'm left with a slightly tacky feeling on my face after applying. Am happy to use the rest of the product, but will not repurchase. Love the scents of the Jurlique products though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this recently and I'm wearing it for the first time today. I like the scent and the consistency and so far it appears to be hydrating (I have oily but dehydrated skin) without making me oily. It sank right into my face. If I don't break out from this I'll consider purchasing a full sized bottle. UPDATE: I bought a bottle and it lasted four months, so it's been good value. This is a nice product overall, but it's a bit meh. Hasn't done anything that a $4 tube of Nivea Soft can't do. Probably won't repurchase because for the price (even though it works out to be economical) you would want it to do something special, and it really hasn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a toner, not a lotion. I use it with a cotton pad each morning. I like it because it is hydrating but does not aggravate or induce any breakouts or oiliness. I do feel that sometimes it is a tad too hydrating for summer, however, so will probably be more a fan for wintertime. I have oily-combo skin that is very acne-prone, dryness-prone, and sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Out of all the Jurlique products I use, this is the only one I'm a bit apprehensive about. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be blocking my pores a bit, and undoing the good that all the other products do. I've never actually bought it, but have recieved enough sample bottles to last me a lifetime. I just keep getting more of them every time I buy something and my mum gets them too and gives them to me. I guess since I don't have to pay for it I'll keep using it until I find something else. It does seem to give a nice glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2005 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Muzzie

I got Day Care Lotion as part of a starter set of 3 fullsize products for oily skin. The Foaming cleanser definitely fitted the bill for my skin type and I didn't mind the Rosewater Freshener, but this particular lotion, although very thin which is deceptive as far as it's effectiveness goes... this is not an OILY skin moisturiser. At least not for day anyway. It smells really nice ( the scent in this one lingers a little while longer than usual. It's not the honey like aroma of their Calendula or Viola creams, it's a bit more perfumey) and absorbs quickly... but left a slightly oily sheen for me that became a quick full face of oil under the makeup within a couple of hours.
That having been said, it would be fine as an emollient( but light)night moisturiser. There is no SPF to it, so that would be a good use if you were feeling tight after washing your face in the evening.
I had a pump bottle, though it was only a 30ml, so I was pleased with that, it dispensed easily and accurately.