August 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Styling Products - Rusk - deepshine phyto-marine lusterizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 9:21:00 AM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great stuff -- it really does make hair soft and shiny, and it feels like my hair is getting shinier as I use it more. I'm not sure about the marine scent, but it fades fairly quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not my HG, but it works good, it does make my hair shiny and soft. I would probably repurchase unless I found something else that made an incredible difference.
The smell is kind of a put off for me, I don't like it and it's difficult to justify putting something in your hair that doesn't smell good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG,this stuff rocks!I put just a small amount in my damp hair,blowdried my hair upside down,and my hair looks AMAZING!It hasn't looked this good in over a year!!My hair is softer and shinier now using this than back when I used to use those clear hair glossers,you know,the thick gunk in the tiny bottles?Well,this stuff has made my hair a HUNDRED times shinier than those clear glosses ever did!I can't stop looking at my hair in the mirror,I can't believe it looks so darn good!Maybe tomorrow I'll try it without blowdrying and see what happens..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This puts JF Secret Weapon to shame. I used this several years ago but it suddenly wasn't available so I assumed it was discontinued. I just found it again at Ulta last week. Yay! Makes my hair soft and smooth, and I like the scent, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I really love this product! I've had it for quite sometime. However, I only used it when I blow-dried my hair straight, it was fantastic and made my hair shiny and soft w/out looking greasy or droopy. I only use a dime size amount and it gets the job done. I also used it on my naturally curly hair(which is also colour treated) in conjuction with a little gel and serum after washing my hair and the next morning my curls were so soft and defined minus the "crispy" look. As for the scent, I thought it smelled a little weird from the tube, but when it is in the hair, it goes away but leaves a clean sort of scent, not overpowering. The packaging is great b/c it is see through, so you can see how much product you are using, how much there is, etc. It is pricey but lasts a very long time. IMO, it is worth it. Overall, I am happy with this. I also find that it's great for colour treated hair b/c it has built in sunscreens to preevent fading when in the sun and it also brings out the colour. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by xodanniox143

My aunt actually showed this this product today and I put it on my hair after styling it - I loved it! Definitly worth buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by want2agegracefully

A definite HG product!!! Have been using it for years and I go into a panic when I run out and my local beauty supply is out of stock. Little goes a long way so trust, the tube lasts. I have straight long slightly layered brunette color treated healthy hair and use 'bout a cranberry size dollop on wet hair then blow dry. Leaves hair is super shiny and soft and I actually like the fragrance. The compliments I receive I'm sure are due to this product. I can totally notice a difference if I ever forget to use it or travel without it. My 13 yr old daughter has taken to using it and I can see a difference in her hair too! Packaging is great, see-thru so you know how much product you have left and the tube makes it easy to use down to the very end. Would whole-heartly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff stinks like no other! Or I think it does. I guess it does make my hair smooth though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferam79

This stuff is the best ever!! I'm totally addicted. Buy it online though, avoid the overpriced stuff at the salons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by wondertoe

great stuff! i found this when i was looking for a replacement for my fekkai glossing cream, and this stuff is so much better: smells better and works better. it's not that expensive considering i only have to use a tiny pea sized amount on my entire head to get my hair shiny and gorgeous. it'll take forever to use it up! makes me hair smell amazing! would repurchase for sure.

edit: last night a guy told me my hair smelled really great and 'special' and 'different from other girls'. so i'm not the only one that loves the smell.

another edit: my hair just keeeps getting softer and softer and shinier as i use this every day. it's not jut a great styling product but also evidently really great for the health of my hair as well.