August 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover and has been for a couple of years. It is the perfect replacement for the ridiculously-priced Lancome Bi-Facial eye makeup remover. I wear waterproof mascara and liquid liner, and this eye makeup remover dissolves both of them in no time. Unlike many of the other reviewers, I use this every night and have had no problem with sensitivity to this product, so it must vary from person to person. I hope this product never gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by april1976

What a great find! This removes my waterproof mascara and eyeliner just as well as MAC at half the price. Doesn't irritate my contact-lense eyes either. Very easy to use, I shake and dip a q-tip in and voila. Also, even with every night use, I have not had to replace this bottle yet. Currently going on three months with only a 1/4 gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the most effective eye makeup removers I have used (the oil-based ones are the most effective I think). This is very effective and cheap! You simply shake it up before using it on a cotton pad; I rim my eyes with eyeliner so I like to use this on a Q-tip as well to more precisely remove everything. My only compliant it is the oily residue, which is why I stopped using this one and switched.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by newgrammy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

did a decent job, but stings my eyes. I bought Neutogena and that works just as well with no stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this make-up remover so much. I have used so many bottles of this product, it's crazy. It removes my waterproof mascara easily without making me feel oily and greasy. There are 2 parts to this make-up remover, an oily part and a non-oily part, so it must be shaken before it's used. This has never made me breakout, never given me eye problems either. I know I will use this product for a very very long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Tuperplex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup eye remover from Almay is amazing!! It takes off water resistent/waterproof mascara such as Shisiedo! It's great stuff! It's reasonable priced and the packaging is appealing. The product is as good as high end products in this category.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by scooter

This is my favorite eye makeup remover, and I've tried a million of them. I wear contacts and waterproof mascara, and this stuff takes EVERYTHING off without clouding up my contacts or irritating my eyes. I'm actually surprised that I like it so much, because I usually don't care for oily removers. What works for me is to use this stuff before I use my normal cleanser. The cleanser takes care of any oily residue, which is pretty minimal to begin with. My only complaint is the horrible child-proof cap, but I think its main purpose to is prevent leaks. I will buy this product until they stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I think this is one of the best drugstore eye makeup remover products, very cheap and takes off everything, h20 proof formulas included. Just as good as Mary Kay's version, but somewhat cheaper. My fave drugstore eye makeup remover. Words of warning, don't get any in your eye or it will sting!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Optikon

What?! Well, I'm having no luck with this eye makeup remover at all. I've tried it several times now and find that it does a very poor job at removing mascara and eyeliner. Little mu particles gets into my eyes, and it makes my eyes red. And the packaging is dreadful. It comes with a child proof cap. I know I know... I'm an adult. But it's so unnecessary late at night to wrestle with that thing. Just annoying. All these complaints and might I add it's sort of expensive here in Canada. It's the most expensive drug store one, I think. Lately, I've had no luck with Almay. First the crappy One Coat Lengthening mascara, which makes your lashes sooo thin, now this. No more Almay for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Too oily, doesn't take off all my waterproof mascara. :( Still searching for the perfect eye makeup remover... (The reason why Chanel's Bi-Phase is not "perfect" is because it's too expensive!)