December 22, 2014 | 1792 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice brush, smooth very black lines, dries quickly, and it's dirt cheap. It doesn't last all day but it's a good for a night out. Sells out fast so I pick it up when I see it on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by mooncosmicpower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this eyeliner because people on Youtube constantly recommend it. I am usually more of a gel eyeliner kind of person because I am more comfortable with using brushes to make my wings, so I was slightly discouraged about the applicator. However, upon using it, I found it really easy to control since the tip is very thin and small, so you can start very thin and build the line to your liking. The color is very black, so you only have to apply a layer or two to get a dark black. This eyeliner also dries matte which I like a lot, because shiny eyeliners in my experience always end up sticking to my crease over the course of the day regardless of whether I use a primer or not. The price is also amazing, only 3 dollars, and the quality is lovely. I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly a drug store liquid liner actually stays onto my oily Asian Eyelids. I've tried a whole variety of liquid liners Lancome, Cover Girl, Maybelline, Bodyshop, ELF, etc. But the New York Color one doesn't fade, it stays on all day, it doesn't flake and it's easy to apply.

The application is like a paint brush... It some times can get a little gloopy but you can wipe the extra product back into the tube. When I do first apply it though... I have to wait for it to dry a bit, so it does take a bit of time to dry but not too long. I just have to make sure it doesn't touch my upper eyelid and leave a black line there, lol.

Right now, I have the "pearlized black" ... I was gonna say the only downside is that it has shimmer in it but I had no idea they had a plain black one so I'm definitely going to pick that one up once I'm all out of this one!

This is probably going to be my forever go to liquid liner. It's less than $4 and it's definitely worth it!! Hopefully they come out with a waterproof formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never ever would have I thought my holy grail eyeliner would be less then four bucks! The first time I bought it was about one or two dollars and I was trying new stuff and I fell in love! I'm very experienced in liner, (started at age eleven and started wings at 13) so my hand is very steady. Some people say it is watery, which isn't due but I find that to be a great thing! That way it applies faster and evenly! This brush is amazinggg for wingedbeyeliner too! I don't know about you but winged eyeliner always makes me feel glam and made up and its easy to try small winged, angled wings, thick or thin wings because of the amazing brush! On a daily basis I use this only for a thick line no wing and I feel much better about myself. It dries in maybe 15 seconds in which I usually add more inner corner highlight or powder my face. Then I continue with mascara and find no problem with it flaking or coming off. Not to mention this stuff lasts! Sometimes I'll wipe my eye or yawn and my eyeliner will not move. It lasts for up to maybe nine hours before some of it starts to rub off. I cannot tell you how great this is at winged eyeliner, it is such a great buy.

Its maybe 2-4 dollars, I buy mine at Target. Will repurchase when I run out no doubt! The brush isn't flimsy either! Maybe y'all got one defective but its important to have a steady hand and you will get the blackest darkest most amazing eyeliner ever. This isn't sponsored haha, I just am obsessed. Whenever I do winged liner my friends always ALWAYS remark about how perfect the wings look, how crisp they look and how dark they are and are in awe how it only took me less then five minutes to complete it 👌😌 one of my essentials for makeup. A bottle lasts you way well over a year which is mind blowing. 5\5, would recommend, amazing quality for a shocking price 💯💯💯

Sorry for some errors in typing, I'm on my phone and autocorrect and being annoying!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by gsalazar82

Holy Grail!! I've repurchased this liner at least 10x. It's not that's it good for the price, it's a genuinely good liquid liner. It's super black, dries matte, and is long wearing. The price point is just a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail eyeliner. I've tried high end products that weren't as good as this. The texture is a fantastic smooth black (not at all dull) and unless it comes in contact with liquid, it stays put all day. It can be difficult or messy if you have a hard time drawing wings (practice makes perfect) because there is a lot of color payoff and product on the brush. The only downside to this is the brush can occasionally become disoriented after a while, with a few stray strands, causing there to be lines where you don't intend them BUT the fantastic thing about this is it's less than $3 at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I will always buy this! Since the summer, I've been using gel liner. I love it, except that no matter what, it ALWAYS smudges into the bottom inner corner of my eye.. I look like a raccoon after a few hours. I have to swipe to remove it, ruining my undereye concealer. It's a pain!
I picked this up on a whim at walmart. I think I paid $3 CAD. The best decision I've ever made (makeup wise). This lasts all day given that I don't touch it or get water around my eyes. This isn't waterproof so I don't expect it to hold up against the waterworks. This doesn't smudge at all onto my bottom eye area!! Holy grail! Totally affordable too. The finish is matte and this hasn't flaked on me.
The only this I didn't like about it is the brush. It's bristles are too long and it's not tapered at all. No big deal though, I can still make sharp, crisp wings with the brush.
If your situation sounds like mine, smudging after a few hours, go for this! You only have to lose $3.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, this is a 4-star product, and I'll get to why later, but there are some things I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner for, and it's a staple in my makeup bag. Let's start off with the color, very nice, very black, really opaque for a liquid liner as cheap as this. I like the texture a lot too. Yes, it is very watery, but that's not a bad thing. It makes it really easy to do bold, thick lines. That's all this liner is really good for, bold lines, but it is GREAT for bold lines. The brush is wide, flat, and really flexible. Good luck getting a thin, natural looking line with this. It's not going to happen unless you have superhumanly steady hands. Even then, it's so watery that a thin, even line is just really not going to work out. That's why this only gets 4 stars, it's not an all purpose eyeliner by any means (to be fair, I haven't really found one). The shape of the brush is freaking awesome for bold, thick lines though. I've never made such smooth, bold shapes so quickly before. Since it's watery and easy to remove, it's also really easy fix it up without having to redo your whole eye if you make a mistake. It's pretty much the opposite of water-proof, if you cry or sweat it'll probably come right off, but that means it's also easy to remove. Otherwise it lasts just fine, no flaking, I haven't had an issue with my pretty oily lids either. I have bad allergies and just super sensitive eyes in general and this doesn't bother me at all, so that's another thing. I don't really wear contacts anymore, but this is the type of liner I could see being contact-compatible since it doesn't flake. I find that it dries fast too. All in all, this is a miracle for me for when I want a bolder look, but it's useless for a more natural look. I'd definitely repurchase it though! I love bold liner :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not happy with this product at all. I like a lot of NYC products and I was on the hunt for a good drugstore liquid eyeliner. I came across this and it was only like 3 dollars at my CVS, for the price I thought it was worth a try. It ended up going in the garbage because CVS's return policy isn't the best and I wouldn't want to give it to a friend because it gave me a bad reaction in addition to just being a bad product.
PROS:
-the liner comes out very black.
-affordable price.
-easy to find.
-nice packaging. very slim and small.
CONS:
-the product itself is VERY runny and watery. takes FOREVER to dry.
-even when it was dried, it flaked off very easily and smudged and I was constantly cleaning it up and fixing it.
-the brush is a very thin and extremely flimsy. It's not a felt tip, it's a brush. It's very difficult to use and very hard to get a precise line without the brush going everywhere. Not steady or easy to use especially if you're used to angled brushes and felt tip liners. Not a fan.
-when I went to take it off at the end of the day I used the same makeup remover I've been using for 6+ years and I got some of the liner in my eyes from it smearing all over the place trying to get it off and my eyes got very red and itchy and the skin around my eyes also got very irritated. I know it was NOT the makeup remover because I've been using it for years and never had any issues. I don't know what ingredient caused the reaction but I've never had a liner do that to me before. So annoying!

All in all I definitely wont be repurchasing. I had a weird reaction and it's just not worth it even though it's super cheap. I will stick to my Maybelline gel eye liner and my Maybelline Line Stiletto, both are so much better in every way. I just think there are better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this eyeliner for years and love it. Affordable, long lasting, pigmented and easy to use.