New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I liked how matte black and pigmented this liner is, it unfortunately did not work for me. It was very difficult to apply this with the brush tip, I kept having to redo my liner over and over, and I've never had that problem with any other liner. Plus I had an itching and burning sensation on my lid, so had to wash it off due to an allergic reaction.

on 1/20/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this is an amazing liner. honestly i believe if this was repackaged for a different brand it could pass off as high end. it dries totally matte which is what i like, and its super black. i used loreal lineur intense carbon black liquid eye liner before this and would get frustrated that only my flick would chip off occasionally. this stays really well put (unless you're really rubbing your eyes). took one lippie off only because of the wand. it is quite long and a brush tip. i am used to doing eyeliner and with this brush now, but i do think for those who want to improve their eyeliner skill this may be difficult for them

on 1/18/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My everyday eyeliner

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner because I saw it being used all over youtube by top makeup gurus. I have hooded oily monolids, so I was skeptical that this would work for me. Most of the time I only buy waterproof liquid eyeliners, but I bought this to see what all the hype was about. I was pleasantly surprised to find how black, matte, and easy this eyeliner was to put on. It actually lasts fairly well throughout the day, but it doesn't hold up to sweat/water/moisture, and definitely starts running and smudging. I did do a test where I let it dry on the back of my hand and then ran my hand under water. The liner doesn't instantly run for the first few seconds but then starts to break down and if you touch it at all it will start running. I do agree with other reviewers that this is very opaque and dries very matte, and it is easy to get a fairly thin line and a flick for a wing. However, I cannot use it because it is not waterproof and does not hold up on my eyes.

I have found another gem at the drugstore that outperforms this eyeliner in many ways. It's darker, richer, just as matte, longer lasting, and, most importantly, WATERPROOF! It's essence's waterproof liquid eyeliner (see my review here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=156389/Liquid-Waterproof-Eyeliner/Essence/Eyeliner). Check out the essence eyeliner if you want an alternative to this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This would be HG if it was waterproof! It lasts the best out of all of the NON-waterproof (liquid) eyeliners I've used thou, but it tends to migrate a little so idk if it's suitable for me for everyday coz I kinda need waterproof. I so wanted this to work, still giving it 5 lippies coz I love how black it is, the brush, how it applies, price, & fact that it's not a pen.... I detest eyeliner pens! I have Black Pearl (greyer than Black & w some sparklies) & Black (really matte black, man oh man why can't this be waterproof?!!). I am still working with this. I am going to try putting a thin layer of black eyeshadow over the top to set it maybe see if that helps otherwise it's back to LA Colors Grafix & Jordana Waterproof for liquid liners for me. Ohhhhh man I so do like this though if my eyes weren't so watery & skin not so oily! I kno this is a lot of ppls HG. It won't last through a nap unfortunately :(

on 12/31/2014 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

absolutely in love with this! I'm so used to gel eyeliners (when I decide to wear it) that I almost forgot how to use a liquid eyeliner. I love the super large wand and the brush tip, it works best for me and I love, love, love this! another liquid liner I recommend as much as this is the Wet N Wild megaliner! seriously, this stuff is bomb.

on 12/20/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've said this once and I'll say it again; although I believe in "you get what you pay for" I've learned their are a ton of drugstore products that do just as good a job as HE, if not better. And this is one of them!
It's very very black. It's harder than you think to find a nice smooth pigmented black liner these days. It's doesnt smudge, fade, crease, or flake which is a godsend for my oily lids. The only slight problem with this is it's not the most user friendly liner, at least for beginners. but this is the type of brush I originally learned winged liner with so I have absolutely zero complaints with this personally. Plus it's like $3 or $4 so how could this not be worth the shot?

on 12/20/2014 5:19:00 AM

I swear by this product. It's SUPER black, SUPER matte. It doesn't crack, fade, run or smudge. The brush is soooo manageable for winged eyeliner, I absolutely love it.

I've tried a lot of eyeliners, but this is my absolute favorite. The only downside of this product is that if you mess up on your eyeliner, its SO pigmented, so it makes kind of a mess. A very small price to pay (literally) for such a cheap, reliable product.

on 12/14/2014 9:16:00 PM

This liner is AMAZING. I have tried so many different liquid liners and have never been 100% satisfied. The brush is perfect for doing winged liner, a little of the product goes a long way, and the price is just crazy! It is so cheap! I don't know how anyone could go after a over-priced liner after trying this.

on 12/14/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This little jewel is a real winner. It's long-lasting, pigmented, and super matte. I love that it doesn't transfer to my crease, which is a pet peeve of mine as I have oily lids and most liners do transfer on me, even with a primer. Not NYC, though! I have a back up on deck ready! Can't be without it!

Top Rated New York Color Products