August 22, 2014 | 1269 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I agree with the reviewer below it smells nice but thats abt it! I used this heavy duty gel not cream (IMO!) on my elbows, knees but its too sticky and transfers onto everything i touch my couch, table, chair... I dun like it. I tried it on my face but it breaks out my skin real bad and i dun find this product helpful. There are other cheaper drugstore lotions/creams (which are far more lightweight and comfortable) for dry skin that work better than this. I got this at duty free but still find this pricey. The packaging gets dirty after awhile cos its soo sticky -gooey. I dont see the hype. It didnt work out for me so i gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Eugeneee

I bought this purely because many youtubers were raving abt this and holy moly... I cannot live without this product the m

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by J0d5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow it's brilliant! After a few nights of going to bed with it on my skin is amazing! - PRO's - skin looks flawless, smells nice, can also use it as a after sun and on burns and grazes, can use it on lips. CONS - I can put it on/near my eyes it makes them puffy in the morning, it looks too shiny to use in the day. - so overall even though its quite pricey I will always buy this product because its worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this solely because I'm a sucker for cult classic beauty products. I bought it online and I was kind of scared to find out what it smelled like. Before I even looked at the ingredients, I smelled citronella. I don't find citronella unpleasant, so I was fine with the scent. It was a bit of a let down. I was prepared to smell something more nostalgic, like how I feel when I smell Coty Airspun.

Moving on... This seems pretty similar to Aquaphor, which has been great for my eczema. However, Aquaphor is about $16 for a huge tub. This was $20 for a small tube. So, I'll probably be sticking with Aquaphor.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by happykitten123

This cream was a life saver! I had a horrible eczema flare up and my whole face was covered in scaly eczema. I didn't want to use cortisone on my face so after trying various creams that made it worse I eventually saw that someone had mentioned this cream on a forum. I handed over my money, with little faith that it would work. Within two days of using this product my eczema had completely cleared up. What's more is it didn't make the rest of my face break out like other emollient/oily products had. I cannot recommend this product highly enough! I've read that it has given some people a reaction though so spot test first! It is very thick so I wouldn't use it under makeup but if your skin is incredibly dry and flakey and you don't plan on leaving the house then give it a go!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never before have I seen people paying so much for a 50 ml tube of vaseline with a bit of paraben and lanolin as they do for Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream. I got a sample and got rid of it as soon as I checked the ingrediends.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by marshmallowcat

I am taking isotretinion (roaccutane in the uk) for acne and as a side effect my lips and the inside of my nostrils are constantly dry and shedding up until using 8 hour cream I hadn't found a product that soothes and helps stop the shedding. My lips are now in much better condition and I haven't been developing thick scabs up my nose even my colleagues have commented on my lips looking a lot better. The downsides to this product for me are the price and the smell also because it is quite heavy it tends to spread around my lips and smudge my foundation but then again I have applied it quite liberally and frequently due to the dryness of my lips. I also work in a salon so I sometimes suffer with dermatitis on my hands and when I apply to these areas it clears it up by the end of the day. So glad I gave it a try I will buy again but think its gunna last for ages as you don't need to use much!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by imagine0enigami

Pros: It works. Really. I have very sensitive, breakout prone skin, and this doesn't cause breakouts. I'm on Retin-A, which causes peeling, and this is the first product I've found that mitigates that. Great for helping prevent scarring. Works fantastic on any overly dry skin. Can work as a highlighter as it gives a glowy look. Cons: The smell. There's no avoiding it, it's super medicinal. Use it as a night cream if you use it extensively. The cost is pretty high for the amount you get, but occasionally it'll pop up at places like Ross. Overall I love it so far as it largely eliminates my Retin-A peeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by cossci21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream recently as I am suffering from severely dry skin on my face which leads to eczema.
My skin was flaking and red so I thought I would try this cream as it must be good seeing as it has been in the market for so long!
The ingredient list is pretty average, the smell is not very pleasant and after applying it to my skin half an hour later my skin was dry, tight and flaky again.
Very dissapointed, will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I received a 1oz tube of the fragrance-free version in a EA GWP bag. I remember my mother having a tube of this when I was a child and the smell grossed me out so I just tossed it to the wayside. A few months later I found it in a drawer and left it on my home office desk; now I find myself reaching for it regularly for lips and cuticles; I also tried it under my eyes since I tend to get really dry and irritated in that area during allergy season and my skin just absorbed it right up. The fragrance-free version has a very mild scent that I don't find offensive. I probably wouldn't get a full-size tube of this since you use so little of it; but I would repurchase if they sold it in the smaller format like the GWP.
I do have a question about this cream, what other beneficial ingredients does it have apart from petrolatum - is this just glorified Vaseline?