December 27, 2014 | 883 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 tubes of this on sale..
I was so excited because of the rave reviews.
So dissappointed when i started using it.

Really? this is OVERPRICED VASELINE!

Yes it softens cracked lips..makes them smooth and shiny..NEWSFLASH: VASELINE does the same damn thing.

It keeps your lips/cuticles/whatever soft but when you stop...there cracked and sore all over again....just like when you use VASELINE!

No! i do NOT RECOMMEND!

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hm.

A small fortune for a tiny tub of vasoline mixed with baby oil dyed orange and given a scent inspired by a dogs ear wax?

I regret this purchase, and I bought the tub and not the tube so I can't even swap it off.
Moral of the story? Test drive before you leave the lot.

The story behind it has something to do with horses? I don't think it's even fit for a horses--ugh, never mind.

How does this have such a big following? You do realize this stuff is probably highly flammable, right?

Oh, by the way, oily, painful acne, "moisturization" is gone the moment it settles and dries (if you're lucky enough for it to dry.).
Doesn't absorb either, just curls up around all of your impurities and announces them to the world with a loudspeaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by dirtygraze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone raves about the original Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream so I took advantage of an offer and bought a limited edition 30ml pot for only £13 (genuine product!) to try for the first time. I quite like the smell, but it does remind me of 'the elderly' somehow. Not that that's a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyway, I've been using it on my hands once a day for a week now and can definitely notice a difference. I bike every day and my skin gets a bit dry and tough but they seem a lot softer and generally in better condition. I find the 'cream' (it's a lot more like Vaseline if I'm honest) a bit too gooey or sticky than what I usually go for. Like most reviews, you can buy a much cheaper product with exactly the same effects.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Good stuff! I use it at night on my lips and dry patches of skin. It's a lifesaver in winter when my lips are very dry and cracked. I even use it on my lips before applying gloss or lipstick. Great for dry cuticles too. The only thing I despise is the smell. It's very pungent indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for eyebrows and scars/burns. Tried to use this as lip balm but the taste is terrible. Very expensive for what u get. I prefer Lucas pawpaw ointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I agree with the reviewer below it smells nice but thats abt it! I used this heavy duty gel not cream (IMO!) on my elbows, knees but its too sticky and transfers onto everything i touch my couch, table, chair... I dun like it. I tried it on my face but it breaks out my skin real bad and i dun find this product helpful. There are other cheaper drugstore lotions/creams (which are far more lightweight and comfortable) for dry skin that work better than this. I got this at duty free but still find this pricey. The packaging gets dirty after awhile cos its soo sticky -gooey. I dont see the hype. It didnt work out for me so i gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Eugeneee

I bought this purely because many youtubers were raving abt this and holy moly... I cannot live without this product the m

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by J0d5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow it's brilliant! After a few nights of going to bed with it on my skin is amazing! - PRO's - skin looks flawless, smells nice, can also use it as a after sun and on burns and grazes, can use it on lips. CONS - I can put it on/near my eyes it makes them puffy in the morning, it looks too shiny to use in the day. - so overall even though its quite pricey I will always buy this product because its worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this solely because I'm a sucker for cult classic beauty products. I bought it online and I was kind of scared to find out what it smelled like. Before I even looked at the ingredients, I smelled citronella. I don't find citronella unpleasant, so I was fine with the scent. It was a bit of a let down. I was prepared to smell something more nostalgic, like how I feel when I smell Coty Airspun.

Moving on... This seems pretty similar to Aquaphor, which has been great for my eczema. However, Aquaphor is about $16 for a huge tub. This was $20 for a small tube. So, I'll probably be sticking with Aquaphor.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by happykitten123

This cream was a life saver! I had a horrible eczema flare up and my whole face was covered in scaly eczema. I didn't want to use cortisone on my face so after trying various creams that made it worse I eventually saw that someone had mentioned this cream on a forum. I handed over my money, with little faith that it would work. Within two days of using this product my eczema had completely cleared up. What's more is it didn't make the rest of my face break out like other emollient/oily products had. I cannot recommend this product highly enough! I've read that it has given some people a reaction though so spot test first! It is very thick so I wouldn't use it under makeup but if your skin is incredibly dry and flakey and you don't plan on leaving the house then give it a go!