Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review for the updated FRAGRANCE FREE version of this product. I have very fine dry skin. I usually can keep it in check with my creamy cleanser, facial oil and Nivea Creme for any terribly parched areas. However, my eczema has really flared up: around my nose and eyes, on my chin. As mentioned, I love Nivea Creme for such issues but sometimes it's not enough. I tried Aquaphor ointment, and I was even prescribed Another emollient ointment (free from corticosteroids). I got to a point where I struggled to put on makeup due to these patches. Saw this in the store. I had tried a sample of the original long ago. But upon seeing this newer version- free of parabens and fragrance- which listed a few other interesting ingredients, I decided I had to really give it a try. That was 3 days ago. My eczema has cleared up- even my cuticles look great! I put this on my problem areas before my tinted moisturizer and have had such great success. I use it on my lips and my brows. I also put this on after cleansing and moisturizing at night. What a quick improvement. A long lasting and multi-purpose product to use from head to toe.

I'm a new convert to 8 Hour Cream and I must say that I really love this product. The best thing is that a little goes a long way, you can use it wherever you need it and it makes a fabulous lip balm!

I've found it particularly useful on elbows and I also use it overnight on my fingernails and cuticles to keep them moisturised. You can see the effects almost instantly, and it's fantastic value. It is non-greasy, absorbs well and has a neutral lemony fragrance.

I can see this being my go-to product for a long time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Bought the 6.9 oz version. I like the smell - kind of like lemons but do not think this product is worth the price. I got the Eight HourŪ Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment. It's $25. It applies nicely, however, it takes some time to absorb, so after I apply, I can't touch anything or it will make everything greasy. After is is absorbed - about 15 minutes, my hands will feel dry again.

I've only used this on my hands even though you're allowed to use all over body. I probably would not purchase again 1) it's too pricey 2) saw no improvements with my skin 3) left my skin dry after application.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Handbag staple! I use it for everything from chapped lips, to dry skin, highlighting cheekbones and shaping eyebrows. Total rescue for pretty much anything! The scent is not ideal but seems to have improved and it's well worth putting up with. I would hate to be without this product. The lip protectant stick and hand cream are also great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I actually bought this for my boyfriend. He had skinproblems ever since he was a little boy. His skin was extremely dry, cracked, red and whatnot. He tried everything: olive oil, vaseline, normal daycream... nothing really worked.

I heard great things about this so I purchased it on ebay for him - where it is MUCH, MUCH cheaper! - and it has done miracles! After just 1 use he noticed that his skin felt moisturized, a lot less red, and actually felt and looked like a normal skin! He actually does like the smell, which is kind of citronella-ish (ya know, that stuff which keeps mosquitos away - maybe a plus as well?) but I know some people really don't like it. However, I heard people get used to it and after some time start to like it, so don't let that hold you back! It does have perfume in it but even though my boyfriend has really, really sensitive skin (he even felt like olive oil stings him) he absolutely had no issues with this whatsoever.

Would I recommend? Heck yes!! If you have an extremely dry skin and nothing helps - try this! You won't regret it. If you'd like to get it cheaper, just check ebay. Will repurchase!

This is a must for the hand bag love this product I use over my blush which gives me a glow.. I would go nowhere without my 8 hour

So I bought a tube of this from duty free years ago on a whim because I heard it was a beauty secret of models etc... I tried it and HATED it!!!! So thick and smelly so I put it in a drawer and left it there. But I've been having really dry skin lately from some peels and the receptionist at my doctor's office said if i get dry patches to put a little 8hr cream on it. When my face got scaley I pulled it out of my drawer and applied some. At first it was a little greasy but after 15 min or so it sunk into the skin and the dryness was gone! Soft as a baby's bottom and I could apply make up over top of it no problem. If you don't have dry skin you don't need it and I would be weary about putting it all over your face as some people have recommended as i think it would clog pores. But as an amazing emergency treatment that I definitely can't live without now.

Just received this.... so far I like it but I cant get over that smell. This product smells like oregano mixed with sweet basil. I don't like the smell nor do I hate it, its just ugh.

This feels really good on my lips and I look forward to seeing the benefits else where on my face and body!

I'm kinda embarrassed to like this so much. I know it's basically a mixture of Vaseline and lanolin and yet... Nothing works better on my chronically chapped lips. Yes I've tried Vaseline and it just doesn't work the same. For me this seems to absorb better. When my lips are painfully cracked I slather this on overnight and am pain free by morning. I also use on cuticles and my rough elbows with good results. This would be far too heavy and greasy for my face. I much prefer the I scented version.

I have eczema on my finger tips and in my ears. I have been able to get the hand eczema under control but the eczema of my ears I've had the hardest time with. If your unfamiliar with eczema of the ears it's like chapped lips, but in your ears. I also get ear infections all of the time because I get huge cracks in the skin of my ears. It's painful and I look like I could lead Santa's sleigh with my ears. Needless to say I was at my final straw of frustration when I came across the Elizabeth Arden counter. I asked for the fragrance free option and handed over my $20. I knew this was different right away. My ears, two weeks into use, have started to heal. I'm so happy with this product. My ski use to flake off and bleed. This makes that a thing of the past. I know winter is hard on my ears but this will help me get to spring! Yay! Love it!