April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a Birthday Girl kit. The consistency is nice, but despite the deep color in the tube it's pretty much clear on your lips. I think you could could get MUCH cheaper clear moisturizing lip gloss/balm would would be equal to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by steenface

It's super smooth and glides on easily, almost jelly-like. The smell / taste is a little citrusy, a little sugary, a little plasticky; I'm not quite sure how to describe it. I don't think it's terrible though. It gives my lips a little bit of a shiny tint and, if I leave it on overnight, I wake up to softer lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by NCBeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had no idea what I was getting when I purchased this item since there was no tester available. When I left the store and finally opened this product, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful color, very smooth and not sticky at all and the jellybean scent is wonderful. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i really love this one. though it's certainly not "red" by any means. it's more of a berry, purply shade. it's sheer and lovely, by itself. and it goes well over deeper berry shades too, just for shine. it lasts for a fair amount of time, and i enjoy the lemony scent. the texture is not that different from aquaphor or similar, as someone mentioned below. i find that to be a plus, because it's really good for chapped lips, and it has a pleasant color to boot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not getting any flavor or scent from this product-- which is GOOD! I don't care to have my lips scented-- right there under my nose! I don't even like the mint ones that "freshen your breath". blech! Save and except Fresh Sugar lip balm, which smells great (I know I'm inconsistent about that, but...). :)

This product goes on great, a little pea sized amount goes a long way, and it actually seems to make my lips softer and less dry. It seems like it lasts longer than any other product I have tried-- YAY!

I'm sure they'd have to change the formula for it to come in a lip balm type stick, and maybe I wouldn't like it. But that would be the only way to improve this product is to make it in a stick. Otherwise it's about perfect.

I've been a big fan of Fresh Sugar lip balm for forever, but this lasts much longer, doesn't melt in my purse ($23 lip balm down the drain-- or rather down in the dregs of my purse), and costs half as much! A winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kjohn17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very glossy, fruit punch flavored/scented product that gave a light reddish tint to my pink lips. The gloss is very smooth and not sticky at all and the angled applicator made the product very usable.

Although the product does not have the best staying power, it definitely left my lips feeling really soft afterwards!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nhhnh42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure that somehow I've gotten all of the Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balms that are currently for sale. When I first used it, I really didn't like it. I didn't like the flavor, and I thought it was too sticky. The second time I used it I thought it was amazing. Now it's my favorite lip gloss!!!!

If you don't like it, try to massage the tube a little to melt it up some, and it will go on a lot less goopy and it seems to last longer that way too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tea4tris

finally! this is my perfect, my lips only better shade! just a hint of tint and not too shiny or goopy this is my favorite lip gloss. this does have a strong lanolin smell but that really does not bother me as i actually like the smell. the only con is that this does not last very long and hour or two max.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Faithersk

I got this new in a swap recently and I think it's just OK. I really don't like the smell/taste, but it's not so bad that it deters me from wearing it. I mostly use this around the house and before I go to bed at night. It IS super moisturizing, but the deep color in the tube comes off clear on my medium pigmented lips. For a clear lip balm it's fine...I may even try another color next time, but I won't repurchase the red.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

I bought this product on a whim from Sephora. The emollient factor is great for my lips, especially in Canadian winters. The taste is okay, but then again I don't intentionally try to eat the stuff. I like the packaging, very small purse friendly, the cost was a little too pricy for a tube of lip goo, but overall I would purchase again....on a whim.