April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by titty1113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product!
All the colours are highly pigmented and beautiful. They stay on all day (if primed correctly of course) and they don't dry my lids.
I have quite a few colours and plan to keep buying them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by szie

I have the 12 color palette, and I am more than satisfied. The colors are amazingly vibrant, well pigmented, and not too shimmery (I have a gripe about shimmer and this is just right). The shadows are like butter (THEY ARE SO SOFT!). I love this palette and I look forward to getting the rest of the lumiere colors. Recommended 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by jganzon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i JUST received this in the mail today (i purchased it from makeupmania.com) the packaging was neat and everything was in one peice. i immediately swatched each color on my hand without primers, shadow bases or anything and it was VIBRANT as ever! each shadow would calculate to about $5 each so it was a GREAT buy as well! i just fell in love with BEN NYE :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by bluean6el00

i got the 12 colour palette and is very very pleased with the e/s. the colours are very pigmented and vibrant and is comparable to MAC but a fraction of the cost! i paid $52 shipped from bubbasikes.com (its a clown store lol) the only downside to this is the packaging. i hate those plastic tops it comes with. its hard to open on some and you have to be very very careful because if u put too much pressure the e/s shatters a bit. and also when i received mine in the mail one of the shadow (ice gold) was completely shattered. i pressed it with some alcohol but it wasnt the same creamy texture. overall i love the product and will definitely re-buy if i ever use it all up which i dont think will be for awhile cause the pans are pretty decent size. it is a bit larger than the mac e/s.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sierro

Best palette in the world. Wins everything hands down, creamy true-to-color textures and applications. Blends flawlessly with very little work. Lasts forever. Layering colors gives you entirely new colors to work with. The Sun Yellow layered over the other colors can give you a neon effect. Honestly, the only thing missing from the palette is a brown and a black. I also never use the silver because I don't like it too much but I probably haven't found a good way to work it yet... but really, I don't even touch my MAC eyeshadows anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I got the palette as well, and it's definitely something that I can't live without.
I have to agree that even though MAC (and don't get me wrong, beccause I love my MAC) has tons of colors, this blows MAC right out of water! I have to agree that the color selection is not as wide as MAC's, but the colors are incredibly vivd, bright, and a BLAST to wear. Plus you don't have to pay an arm and a leg, and you get an incredible amount of product for a pretty kick ass price!

The pigmentation of these colors is off the WALL! I don't have to keep digging to get color, all it takes is one swipe from an applicator or the finger, and that's pretty much all you need. Not only does it spread well, it also blends very, very well.

I've had them for about a year now, and I haven't had a problem with any of the shadows breaking.

I have to say that purchasing the Ben Nye palette was an excellent investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's true, these shadows leave MAC pigments in the dust. MAC pigments often have muddy colors, they need a base to get them to show up vividly or wear for a long time. With Ben Nye, you get a ton of product, bright vivid color true to what it looks like in the pot, and it actually stays put. Azalea is the holy grail of pink eyeshadows. I've been looking for the perfect fuchsia eyeshadow for years. MAC fuchsia pigment needed a base, MUFE was so finely milled it wouldn't stay on, UD deluxe sting was more red than pink. Azalea is absolutely perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another great kept secret that you only discover from being on MUA. These shadows knock the socks of MAC's in terms of smoothness and pigmentation. The colors they have are gorgeous, but they do not have a million colors like MAC. But, for the colors they do have, these are far superior and way less expensive. A true winner all around!!!! Glad I stumbled on to these, will probably try to get them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by effboysinthebutt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own 13 of the lumiere grande's. I was nervous because I had tried a Ben Nye once before and was not impressed. This stuff is amazing. You get great pigment, and pretty subtle sheen for about $8. It's cheaper than MAC and most high end lines, but so much larger. These are a lot of fun to have. I'm thinkin about going through and getting the rest of the colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by DrinkTilliesCute

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These beat the snot out of MAC shadows any day. The texture is so fine milled it feels like liquid. These rich colors glide on like a dream and stay put all day. These are not shimmery rather they have a sheen that makes your eyes stand out giving them that sultry moist look. I have Rose, Sapphire, Mango and must get more. Totally terrific product.