August 29, 2014 | 1172 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted so much to love this stuff. I've tried the blue-black shade (I forget the exact name) twice. The first time, the color looked great...and then it washed out within a week. Tried it again, and it washed out. Third time, washed out. For being a permanent hair color it really didn't last, which was disappointing. I won't be trying any of the other colors again, I don't want to waste 7/8 dollars for a hair dye that doesn't do what it says.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by berlianips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's look okay, but i don't love this too much.. but okay for temporary

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by piercingQuiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't get over how bad this dye smells. The smell is so strong that it stings my eyes, making them water and it stings my nose. The smell was still lingering in my nose even a day after, that's how bad it was. I only use it because its the only line that carries the color I really like at the moment and fortunately it actually works out for me. I suggest to crack all the windows in your house if you're going to use this lol

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never never using again. I used it years ago and it made my hair inrealistically frizzy and dry and I normally never have frizz. Tried it about a month ago to give it another shot but nope back to CRAZY frizz and the color barely showed up (a dark chestnut brown over light brown hair) and that faded within a couple of weeks anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - this was OK, but w/ so many other fabulous options out there I don't see myself re-purchasing.

Pros = cheap, did give me shiny hair, but again, I prefer Revlon Colorsilk or their Luxerious Buttercream or Perfect 10 options for non-foaming hair color. For foaming, I prefer John Frieda. No drying of hair like what happens to a lot of other folks.

Cons = I recall this color lasting about 6-7 weeks on my fine hair. The aforementioned products last longer on my hair = won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by alessap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the Feria red colour (can't remember the name of it) 3 times over the last year, and I give up. It fades so badly, and it especially fades out of the grey in like a week! Overall I think it lasted about 3 weeks before I felt like the vibrancy was totally gone. I love the shade when it first goes in but I want it to stay.

I am still looking for a good red - I like to have the red, with lighter blonde streaks, and when I am feeling wealthy enough, some dark lowlights, but I have only ever achieved it at the salon.

I will review the L'Oreal colour next but suffice to say it seems to work much better on my hair for colour, and lasts a lot longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had the most horrible experience with this product. I bought the shade "Midnight Violet" I believe it is called. The picture on the box was a deep black with a purple tone/shine to it. OK: I KNOW that the color almost never works out the same as on the box. But this, oh my goodness! Not even close. I do have some gray, but even my brown hair was not remotely "violet black." My hair was a deep wine color.

Now, I am pretty easy about hair. I don't freak out if a haircut doesn't work for example. I'm more likely to get a demi-crew cut and begin with a "clean slate, " so to speak. Once I got over the disappointment that the color was not a whit like the box, I kind of liked it: purple-wine hair! I love purple in general. It went over well at the school where I work. The children liked it. And then: in 3 days it started to fade badly. Within 2-1/2 weeks I had this awful faded pink hair. Again, I wasn't too freaked because it's only hair. I was just flabbergasted that the color faded so quickly.

Also: the conditioner was just horrible as well. When I color my hair at home, I usually LOVE the tube of conditioner that comes with the kit. You know how silky your hair feels when you use it? Maybe I just got a bad batch of color and conditioner. The texture of the conditioner was actually grainy, and it left my hair feeling greasy and dirty. I used it twice and just threw it away it was so horrible.

I have used L'oreal hair color before and have not had such a bad experience. Perhaps it is just the Feria line; I will not be using the Feria line again. Nope. I dyed my hair last night with a Clairol product--a deep ash brown and yeah! The conditioner has my hair feeling soft and silky, my hair IS brown again. I totally can not recommend this product at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used color 100-Very Light Natural Blonde for quite some time and consistently I get amazing results. One time, I tried to color my hair a reddish blonde color and it ended up looking like I rubbed cheetos on it so I ran out to the store and picked this up (as I should have to begin with) and thankfully I looked like a normal person again. I love this color too because I feel like it somewhat gives highlights and a bit more definition as opposed to when I just bleached it. I read a lot of reviews on this and it sounds like a lot of people try using this to go from light to dark (or vice versa) and give bad reviews. You should NEVER try to take your hair from one extreme to the next- go to a professional if you're doing something drastic. Either your color is going to fade out or its going to turn a color you really dont want, box color is more for just slight changes, people.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by hwangfany

Used it in Absolute Platinum. After bleaching my hair 3 times, I ended up with dirrty blonde hair and tried to dye it lavender. Came out as an uneven dark purple-grey-brown horrid mess! Waited for it to mostly fade out then used the Absolute Platinum. O M G. After so many disappointments this was the little light at the end of the tunnel. Though I had some funky pale green highlights everywhere, the color came out impeccably even. It also didnt damage my hair which was a plus. Highly recommend and I definitely will use Feria instead of Quick Blue in the future!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiaRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would NOT recommend this hair color.I used Feria True Red with color boost.This fades in 2 WEEKS! My hair went from a Beautiful Bright Red to Pink Grapefruit.YUCK! Feria DOES NOT stand by it's 6-8 weeks color.2 weeks tops!