October 31, 2014 | 1613 users online

Treatments - Orly - Cuticle Therapy Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by theroxywave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never really cared about the condition of my hands until one day I noticed my cuticles were ragged and the skin near my nails looking *gasp* wrinkly. After a dab of this on each nail plus massage, my cuticles grew really quickly after like.....a few days? It's incredible. The wrinkles faded slightly, and I am adding rosehip oil, hope I get more incredible results. Compared to this, Sally Hansen's nail creams(which I used b4) suck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the WORST habit of picking/biting my cuticles. I really need to stop. I gave up biting my nails long ago, but I keep on chewing at the skin around my nails. Subsequently, my cuticles get VERY dry and fray and become painful. Sometimes they even bleed...not a pretty sight.

To keep myself from doing this, I decided it was time to introduce a special cream to my cuticles to make them softer and more pliable so they are not as easy to pick at. I picked up Orly's Cuticle Therapy Creme at Sally's when I was on a shopping spree there. What a wonderful purchase! The cream is nice and thick, and it contains vitamins A and E. Vitamin E has been long known for its healing and skin-softening abilities.

What impresses me about this cream is that, even though it is thick and very moisturizing, it does not stay greasy on your hands for long. It healed my nasty cuticles within just a couple of days, and keeps them soft and fray-free. My nails had also become thin from using acrylics, and this seems to be making them stronger! I notice others have complained of the smell, but I find it to have a nice, powdery-floral scent.

I have always liked Orly products, and this one is no exception. If you are a looking for a good-quality, highly moisturizing cuticle cream, get over to Sally's and pick up a jar of this fantastic concoction.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2007 More reviews by elenacart

So moisturizing for the cuticles and hands, but what I really love is how rock-hard it makes my nails. They've never been tougher since I starting putting this on every night right before bed a few weeks ago. In fact, when I went to get a manicure this week, the lady complimented me on the strength!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mfourth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best cuticle cream I have ever used! Instantly, it makes the cuticles look hydrated and smooth. I have terrible cuticles that are dry and peeling and always tempting me to pick at them. With the Orly cream, they are smooth and too nice to pick.
I highly recommend this cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by melancolie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream is O.K. but I can't stand the smell. It makes me sick. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While Orly's Cuticle Therapy Creme does not moisturize as well as some creams I use (#1 favorite is SolarButter), it does the job adequately. It's quite reasonable in price, but dear God above I despise the smell. A reviewer below nailed it perfectly: "old lady cold cream" smell. As I hate the way cold cream smells, I will never repurchase this. Those who don't mind the fragrance might give it a try. Nothing special in my book, but not too bad either.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2006 8:38:00 AM More reviews by impress390me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate that is contains mineral oil, 'cause it just ends up sitting on top on the skin and it makes it feel sumtimes greasy after applying. But the price is really super, so i use it to put in my bag so i dont mind if i lose it as the price is only something like $1. I agree with the rveiwer below, eyptian magic is absolusly fab and can me used for so so so many things!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works good, but smells like old lady's cold cream. I don't like that it has mineral oil, because I still sometimes touch my face and this would make me break out if on fingers. I will stick with my Egyptian Magic as it is natural and organic and does the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by turksoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought some of this 2 days ago at Sally's and I'm so glad I did! I've been wanting to find a cream rather than an oil (I hate oils on my hands because it could stain my clothes if I'm wearing a lightweight clothing item). I brought my new cuticle *cream* to work with me and I put it on when I get to work in the am and each time I wash my hands throughout the day. I don't do anything in the evening or at night and my cuticles still look great when I get up in the morning. My cuticles used to only be dry during the winter but starting last year they just kind of started being dry and looking bad year round. Occasionally I'd get in the habit of trying to remember to rub some of my hand cream on them but I'd end up forgetting to do it and they never really looked good. After just 2 days of putting it on at work my cuticles look awesome. Not dry at all and I think my nails will keep from breaking because of it because if your cuticles are dry your nails will be dry and the drier your nails are the less pliable they will be so if you have thin nails like me, the nail chipped/broke often. I haven't had any chipped or broken nails for 2 days now. I'm going to stick with this one! Love the price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by comfortmaven

Holy Grail Must Have! Worth every cent. Lasts 'forever' cause it's thick, and a little goes a long way. It costs a bit more than some drugstore offerings, but it's better to have one that costs more and works than a variety of little cheap ones that don't. It's not greasy or smelly. I tried a sample size in a tube and it was perfect for my purse. I could only find the full size in a jar, but it is easier to control how much is used in that form. Got it at a beauty supply store. (ie Sally's or Salon Secrets, etc)
It's easy to use too; no special instructions or circumstances needed. Just dab some on, rub it in and go.
It makes my pale colored polish look a tad cloudy at first, but it buffs right out.