April 17, 2014 | 1095 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Minted Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very much in love with this eye kohl :) the esmerald green color really makes my light brown eyes even lighter!!!! i love this!! perfect for going out and doing "exotic" eyes :) huge rave!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGrli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really loved this eye kohl, until one day my friend was looking at me and said "I have that eyeliner...NYX Seafoam Green, right?" Well, when she let me use her seafoam green by NYX it was the same exact color, and her eyeliner only cost 2.99!! So, I went to my local beauty supply and picked it up...I love saving all that money. So if you love MAC Minted Eye Kohl but hate the price check out NYX Seafoam Green, what do you have to lose? 3.00 is not much to lose if you decide you don't like it!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jiahui1983

Ah...minted eye kohl. This has to be my Holy Grail eye kohl. I find reaching for this for 95% of the time when i'm wearing eyeliners..I can't imagine myself living without this colour.

I love bright colour eyeshadows and bright colour eyeliners. This explains why i love minted so much. I have non oily lids so minted does not smudge as much as what others have stated earlier. I love this shade of green because it really gives my eyes that pop of colour especially when i'm in a lazy mood and wearing glasses and not wearing eyeshadows. Just wearing this eyeliner will brighten up your eyes and face.

Would definitely repurchase this again when i'm outta it. Kudos to MAC for coming out with such a gorgeous colou.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

Minted is a deep, jewel tone emerald. This is an eye kohl, so itís meant to be smudged for a smoky look (though I donít usually wear it like that). It doesnít apply as boldly as I would like it too; I find that I do have to sweep it across my lid a few times to get the color to stand out more. The property that makes it smudge-able, also can make it rub off easily I find the liner lasts about four to five hours till it needs to be touched up. The color not going on as boldly as I like and the rub off factor make me take off a lippie, but nonetheless I think this a unique color so I would consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by pradarose

I have dark brown/black eyes. I love colors that make a statement (pretty, hopefully), and Minted definitely does! I've gotten compliments from friends and also random people who wonder what brand I am wearing. I didn't experience any issues with smudging, and the staying power is at least eight hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 4:49:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Minted is a gorgeous bright emerald green - this is not for anyone looking for a natural look! I use just a little on outer lower/upper lashline with brown or green shadows. Although it's bright, it's not a tacky colour. This is a must have if you love green on your eyes. One lippie off because it smudges easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by azgibsongirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very fair, NC15, with bright blue-green eyes. This liner color shows up differently on my skin, more bright shimmery teal, than it does on my niece, rich glimmery green, with her medium gold skin with honey-colored eyes. And that's the beauty of it - its versatility.

If you want to make a bold statement, you can brush on a soft lustre like Honesty or Honey Lust, and then blend over it a thick line of Minted. My teenage niece looks amazing this way. For me, I like to wear Shroom and Texture together and then draw a fine line of Minted at the base of my lashes. Smudging it with a fine eyeliner brush and then setting it with a little Plumage applied with the same brush, creates a sophisticated look that can get me all day through my tweedy office.

At 13.50, this pencil is for my money, a great value. It lasts forever and the color works with neutrals, peaches, golds, greens, warm pinks and browns.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

DESCRIPTION OF ME - Hair is long, fine, naturally very curly, Bottle red-brunette...Medium Reddish Brown.

Eyes are blue-grey-green naturally.

Skin is medium-light NC25. Skin type is combination, prone to occasional sensitivity.

Personal style is *usually* classic/natural, drawn to pinks, browns, and golds. Perfumes normally preferred are classics...mostly spicy florals or orientals.

PACKAGING -
Regular pencil application that you must sharpen. Not automatic.

COLOR -
vivid grown green with subtle shimmer. can be a little lighter when blended properly. beautiful, rich colour.

TEXTURE -
Soft, goes on easily. Blends easily with finger or brush. Does not smudge on me once applied(though I don't rub my eyes).

USAGE/APPLICATION -
Use as you would any eyeliner. Looks great with Juxt, Amber Lights, Soba, Cork, Gorgeous Gold, and just about any neutral or pale MAC e/s that you can think of.

LASTING POWER -
Excellent. lasts all day, no smudging.

OVERALL/BUY AGAIN? -
I was VERY surprised to find that I reach for this eye kohl so often. I am very much into my browns and golds for eyeliner... had no idea I would like this so much, or that it would go with so many e/s colours.

My only problem with this is that I very much prefer automatic liners. I hate sharpening eye pencils with a passion. Minus 1 lippie for that only.

However, I would definitely buy this again and again(and again!).

Great colour, great consistency, great liner.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i love wearing this by itself. totally makes my green eyes pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The true emerald eyeliner i was yearning for, great colour and texture, does smudge though after a few hours...but worth it, makes my chestnut brown eyes look great!