September 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jendi51

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the glitter. Who would want this much glitter? I am still rating it 3 because the color, like other people mentioned, is good. I just don't think anyone could go out in public before showering because it looks like a fairy sneezed on you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I too am dissapointed that this was reformulated to be more of a gel-like texture and with MORE glitter. HOWEVER, once you get past the glitter, the gel, the smell.. the end result after the tan has developed, is far superior than most other self-tanning lotions. I really can fool poeple with this. Especially if you blend this with a bit of lotion like Eucerin's Everyday Protection, it's pretty seamless. No streaks, gathering of color in wierd areas, yellow spots ect. And honestly the smell is not that bad. It's a kinda perfumy but not the worst perfume. I haven't used this in years because I was busy spending my last dollar on high-end tanners that are stupidly priced and disappointing. So reunited I have become with this product I used back in high school.
Still could be better. I don't know why L'oreal doesn't read our reviews and omit the excessive glitter and make the smell better. Don't they know we speak for women across the world?! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sevans627

This used to be one of my favorite products, but I recently bought this and it has clearly been reformulated. I was first struck by the smell, which is unpleasant, but after applying this several times over the last couple of weeks, I've decided to throw it away and find a new self tanner. It's streaky, sticky and there is so much glitter- I'd rather be pale than try this stuff again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by doublewhammytammy

What's with all the glitter?? I'm much too mature to sparkle like a kid in jr. high, and am not happy about that! The extra shimmer effect really should be emphasized on the label. I'd have never bought this stuff had I know it was glittery.

The smell was not offensive at all.

Legs streaked horribly, even though I thought I applied it meticulously. Arms, chest, face covered smoothly. Walked into work today and a teen blurted out, "WHOA!!! Boy, are you TAN!!" Few minutes later a little girl walked up to me and seriously asked me, "Have you been in the desert?" I was so embarrassed! I tried this product to help me look nice for my husband's company party this weekend. I only used medium shade ONCE this morning, and ended up looking drastically darker and in some lighting orangey on my face and legs. Had to powder my face several times at work trying to cover the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Christicat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the Sublime Bronze Lotion in Medium. I tan easily and mainly use this on my neck and to cover tan lines on my chest for wearing tank tops, sundresses, etc. It does not streak, dries fast, also does not turn orange on me (but as I said, I am already tan to begin with). I took off one star because of the massive amount of glitter. I will keep this on hand because it is a lot cheaper than getting a spray tan! It does what it is suppose to do. As others have stated, be careful to apply it evenly, avoid fingers and toes, and wash your hands after application.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bad! I bought it because I thought it would be like the Sublime GLOW, which people love. 1.) I'm pale and pinkish, and the color is okay on me in most light. Not too orange, but also not that noticeable either. 2.) it streaks. Yuck. I had to do major all body post application lotion afterwards to try to even things out 3.) The glitter is way over the top. Like people will say "why are you wearing so much glitter" if you go out during the day with it on 4.) I think another reviewer said it smelled like cheap mens aftershave. Exactly.

Skip it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by seejani

This is the first self tanner I've ever used. It works well at bronzing, but it has a slight orange color (the orange is more or less noticeable depending on lighting). The worst thing about this self tanner is that it smells like cheap men's aftershave. The next time I shop for a self tanner, I'm definitely going to smell the product before buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Let me start off by saying this is not the worst self tanner out there. Trust me there are many that are way worse. But, don't get me wrong its not that great either. This is an AVERAGE self tanner.

Let's call this what it is. It's a self tanner its gonna be a little orange. Now its not as bad as other self tanners I've used where I looked like an oompa loompa. When I asked friends and my boyfriend if I looked orange I always got a no. To me I think I have a slightly golden maybe a hint of orange glow. Typical of most self tanners or at least okay ones.

When it comes to streaks its all in how YOU apply it. Use it after you shower and exfoliate. Apply it like a lotion in circular motions. Use it SPARINGLY on feet and toes. They will turn orange.

Dries very fast but leaves a sticky residue...I don't suggest wearing clothes after putting it on for a while and use a moisturizing lotion maybe 10-15 minutes after to cut down on the sticky feeling and the glitter....

Yes this is probably the most glitter I've ever seen in a self tanner. Seriously insane. Good thing I'm not that picky about stuff like that or I'd be really annoyed. (They should probably put that on the packaging)

One application kept me looking tan enough for about 3 days. No need to put this on everyday like it says...I'm sure you would turn orange like that.

Overall...I wouldn't repurchase not because its horrible but, because I'm sure there's a better self tanner out there. I'm okay with using it until I find that one though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very bad, turned me orange for days till it washed off, sticky dries uber fast so if you mess up ...well, too bad, streaky and smelled like burnt cookies....Wouldn't recommend to anyone~!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Gubynaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is stuff is bad. I used to LOVE this product before they reformulated it. The old formula was smooth and moisturizing, making it next to impossible to mess up. It also left a nice sheen, with a nice amount of gold shimmer on your skin. The new formula dries way too quick, allowing for lots of streakiness. And damn is this stuff sticky! Anyways, it left me looking quite orange, even with my pink skintone. The worst is the new amount of "shimmer": straight up silver glitter. And I mean tons and tons of glitter. Blech.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No