July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by doublewhammytammy

What's with all the glitter?? I'm much too mature to sparkle like a kid in jr. high, and am not happy about that! The extra shimmer effect really should be emphasized on the label. I'd have never bought this stuff had I know it was glittery.

The smell was not offensive at all.

Legs streaked horribly, even though I thought I applied it meticulously. Arms, chest, face covered smoothly. Walked into work today and a teen blurted out, "WHOA!!! Boy, are you TAN!!" Few minutes later a little girl walked up to me and seriously asked me, "Have you been in the desert?" I was so embarrassed! I tried this product to help me look nice for my husband's company party this weekend. I only used medium shade ONCE this morning, and ended up looking drastically darker and in some lighting orangey on my face and legs. Had to powder my face several times at work trying to cover the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Christicat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the Sublime Bronze Lotion in Medium. I tan easily and mainly use this on my neck and to cover tan lines on my chest for wearing tank tops, sundresses, etc. It does not streak, dries fast, also does not turn orange on me (but as I said, I am already tan to begin with). I took off one star because of the massive amount of glitter. I will keep this on hand because it is a lot cheaper than getting a spray tan! It does what it is suppose to do. As others have stated, be careful to apply it evenly, avoid fingers and toes, and wash your hands after application.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bad! I bought it because I thought it would be like the Sublime GLOW, which people love. 1.) I'm pale and pinkish, and the color is okay on me in most light. Not too orange, but also not that noticeable either. 2.) it streaks. Yuck. I had to do major all body post application lotion afterwards to try to even things out 3.) The glitter is way over the top. Like people will say "why are you wearing so much glitter" if you go out during the day with it on 4.) I think another reviewer said it smelled like cheap mens aftershave. Exactly.

Skip it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by seejani

This is the first self tanner I've ever used. It works well at bronzing, but it has a slight orange color (the orange is more or less noticeable depending on lighting). The worst thing about this self tanner is that it smells like cheap men's aftershave. The next time I shop for a self tanner, I'm definitely going to smell the product before buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Let me start off by saying this is not the worst self tanner out there. Trust me there are many that are way worse. But, don't get me wrong its not that great either. This is an AVERAGE self tanner.

Let's call this what it is. It's a self tanner its gonna be a little orange. Now its not as bad as other self tanners I've used where I looked like an oompa loompa. When I asked friends and my boyfriend if I looked orange I always got a no. To me I think I have a slightly golden maybe a hint of orange glow. Typical of most self tanners or at least okay ones.

When it comes to streaks its all in how YOU apply it. Use it after you shower and exfoliate. Apply it like a lotion in circular motions. Use it SPARINGLY on feet and toes. They will turn orange.

Dries very fast but leaves a sticky residue...I don't suggest wearing clothes after putting it on for a while and use a moisturizing lotion maybe 10-15 minutes after to cut down on the sticky feeling and the glitter....

Yes this is probably the most glitter I've ever seen in a self tanner. Seriously insane. Good thing I'm not that picky about stuff like that or I'd be really annoyed. (They should probably put that on the packaging)

One application kept me looking tan enough for about 3 days. No need to put this on everyday like it says...I'm sure you would turn orange like that.

Overall...I wouldn't repurchase not because its horrible but, because I'm sure there's a better self tanner out there. I'm okay with using it until I find that one though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very bad, turned me orange for days till it washed off, sticky dries uber fast so if you mess up ...well, too bad, streaky and smelled like burnt cookies....Wouldn't recommend to anyone~!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Gubynaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is stuff is bad. I used to LOVE this product before they reformulated it. The old formula was smooth and moisturizing, making it next to impossible to mess up. It also left a nice sheen, with a nice amount of gold shimmer on your skin. The new formula dries way too quick, allowing for lots of streakiness. And damn is this stuff sticky! Anyways, it left me looking quite orange, even with my pink skintone. The worst is the new amount of "shimmer": straight up silver glitter. And I mean tons and tons of glitter. Blech.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I was honestly expecting a lot more from this self tanner, especially for the fact that I love L'oreal products. This wasn't the worst self tanner I've ever used, but it definitely wasn't the best. My first impressions were that this goes on clear & has lots of glitter in it. This dries fairly fast, I'd say it was 97% dry within 10 minutes. The color started to show up after about a half an hour. The longer this sits on your skin, the more the color starts to appear. I have this in the deep, natural tan color. It looked okay at first & I only used a little bit only on my legs after I got out of the shower. In the morning, it turned to a streaky orange color with lots of glitter. Not attractive. The Jergens Natural Glow lotion works much better than this one. I'm going to return this & hopefully find something else to try, & I definitely will not repurchase. Overall, this was a dissapointment. Not a fan of the glitter either. If you do plan on using this, make sure you wash your hands very well right after, or it will stain your han ds. I washed mine very well, & this still left an orange tint on my palms. This has nothing on St. Tropez.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sapphirejewel

I love this product!!! I now have gorgeous golden skin that shimmers and is not streaky or orange if you apply it right.

I started with very pale skin so I mixed it in with a regular lotion for the first month then I just used the product out of the bottle.

I like the shimmer in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, Im as pale as they come and I L-O-V-E this self tanner! I have tried every kind of tanner out there and have finally perfected the application process using this sublime bronze.

I think mine is medium shade and it is a gel (not a lotion). Heres how I apply (one leg at a time):
- Start with a pump of your regular body lotion in the palm of your hand (I use Jergens Ultra Healing)
- Add a squirt of sublime bronze (use about half as much of the lotion pump for just a little color, or use the same amount as your lotion if you want to go darker)
- Super blend both products in your hands make sure its all blended!
- Start rubbing in to your legs very lightly around knees, feet & ankles using circular motions rub rub rub until its all soaked in
- Make sure you wash your hands really well so you dont get the orange hand situation and be careful not to splatter water on yourself, or youll end up with spots!
- Keep shorts on for a while (i.e. not pants that might rub it off) until your skin feels dry
- Voila!

You get a little color right away from the bronze aspect, but be ready for nice natural color the next day! I usually do this after I shower or before bed. And, sorry it does smell, but all the ones Ive tried smelled so I just consider that the price to not be so pale! Plus you can sometimes get this buy one get one 50% off at drugstores!