July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the foundation but the powder made me look like I got caught in a mica mining accident. Put it on your shoulders,arms, and cleavage-not your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by weno88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the Skinlights foundation and had hoped the powder would have the same effect. It didn't work for me, though. Despite using the powder VERY sparingly, I always ended up looking glittery instead of "glowy" or dewy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by tokki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in natural light. I lovveee this product, but unfortunately, I had to give it away. I tend to have shiny cheekbones and brows in the first place, so putting on any of the skinlights stuff is overkill for me. It's kind of pricy in the drugstores ($13), but many stores are clearing this out, so you can easily get it for half price or more off. There's a lot of product in this one, and you only need to use very little since it's very glittery. It has a wonderful light tea scent; if only my L'Oreal mineral powder foundation had this smell! The powder is VERY glittery, so put on very little and check your face in sunlight; in dim light, you won't know what's overkill until it's too late!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Raposolady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product can last a loooong time so the price is worth it. I use it on my cheekbones and as well on the center of my eyelid and just below my eyebrow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

i have this loose powder in bronze light. it works well. you MUST use it sparingly or else you will really fuck over your face and have to wash it off. its a good idea to tap off the excess off the brush provided. otherwise its a great product. you get alot of powder for the price. ive had this for almost 3 years. it goes a long way. i havent broken out from using it. its a bit glittery but overall its a good product. makes your face glow, but not in a bad way. it lasts so long. it has a nice light scent to it as well. i will but this product again in a few years when i run out, hopefully it's still around!
    *i wouldnt buy this again.. too glittery compared to cover girl tru blend bronzer in golden sunrise (i think)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 1:11:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this. It makes my face look shiny upon application - the very thing I dont want with a powder, and after a few hours, the shine looks like goo.

YUK!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Trunks

I've got this in natural light and I'm a NC42. This is a beautiful sheer powder that if used sparingly, gives my skin a dewy natural glow. I agree with the reviewers here who recommend a 'less is more' application approach. I have been caught out on a number of occasions looking like a 'disco ball' but that's easily fixed.

A big plus is that this powder doesn't break me out, which is a must for us sensitive skin types. I've used Becca and even tried the Body Shops' loose powder but they seem to give the typical itchy/dry/blotchy skin reactions.

I reccommend this for those wanting a light finishing touch to their makeup - if you're wanting something more heavy duty for coverage and stay power - this isn't for you.

One lippie off because I sometimes want the effect with a little less glitter going on but when I go out to experiement with other loose powders to no avail, I always come running back to this one.

UPDATE: I can't believe they discontinued this - all but the golden light, which is more glittery but all I have to fall back on.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sim_loves_makeup

I loooovee this stuff! I'm an NC35 and I use this stuff whenever I go to parties or when I go out for an evening look because it adds such a nice shimmer when I apply it to my neck, arms and legs. It adds to that glamorous look!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by saharabara2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product...BUT NOT FOR THE FACE. I mix it with lotion and use it on my legs and arms and the rest of my body. it's just too much for the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 4:14:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

I just recieved this for swap. I really like it. It really brightens up your face and gives it a healthy glow! I checked on it in the store though and it's kinda expensive. Like $13. Oh well..i'll probably still buy it anyway when I run out, which probably won't be for quite a while considering how much product it comes with.