August 31, 2014 | 932 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by busterchico

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love my Rare Gold. You can say what you want- no lasting power, etc., but this fragrance always gets me compliments. It's rich, you have to be careful when spraying, or you'll get to much! It's descsription is opulent oranges in precious amber.It's always on sale and the bath products smell heavenly in the shower! I get out of shower glowing! I know most of you don;t like Avon perfumes, but this one is worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I get a lot of orange blossom in this scent...but not a nice orange blossom. It's sickly sweet and very cloying. There is also some weird chemical smell that brings this further into headache territory. Not good. I like Rare Pearls much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells like beer and rust.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Amethysta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was first given a bottle of this fragrance for a Christmas gift years ago from a friend who lives overseas and I fell in love with it immediately. This is a lovely floral fruity fragrance on my skin and it lasts quite a long time. A very soothing scent that could be used daytime or night time. Love the orange peach scent that lingers on my skin and it pairs nicely with a citrus body mist.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Turned bad on me. I found it to be wayy to heavy on the florals. Did not work with my chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bebephat

Ylang ylang, honey, spice, orange flower and amber. I used to sell Avon and wore this frag for a long time. It is strong and very sweet, and improves as the day goes on. Not your typical "Avon" scent - in other words it does not smell cheap. Sometimes you can buy for as low as $11.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in my Avon shipment today and I am very pleasantly surprised. The Edt smells little powdery, orange flower and amber on my skin -not like an Avon fragrance at all! I got the full size fragrance, shower gel, body lotion and talc for $23CAN. No better deal than that!

An elegant and understated comfort scent perfect for work and play. I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

Ordered this one today and can't wait to try it and when I do I will review it but I did sample it in the avon booklet and from what I smelled I did like the scent of this! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! I got this yesterday and I am impressed it smells good but it is a tad bit synthetic and the bottle is so utterly cheap it looks more expensive in the AVON book! Well I only paid 9.99 for it and I like the smell although it is strong, next I want to order True Glow or Rare Pearls because those 2 are on sale now so if anyone has any suggestions on which one to order let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

I used this when I was in high school.
I really like the scent and my mom recently gave me a bottle of it that she wasn't using...ah the memories...the smell I can't explain, for a cheap perfume it smells really nice will not buy it again because the bottle she gave me will last forever

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by skyincolour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only bought it because it was on sale for £5, and didn't expect it to be very nice, but I really like it now. Total agree with Candystripelegs. It's warm, golden scent with a hint of fruit to it. I love it when this sent settles (about 20 mins after applying it). Will use it as one of my main fragrance now. I heard some people said that the smell doesn’t last very well, but it actually last quite a long time on me, about 4-5 hours at least. Love it and will buy it again when I run out.