July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I get a lot of orange blossom in this scent...but not a nice orange blossom. It's sickly sweet and very cloying. There is also some weird chemical smell that brings this further into headache territory. Not good. I like Rare Pearls much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells like beer and rust.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Amethysta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was first given a bottle of this fragrance for a Christmas gift years ago from a friend who lives overseas and I fell in love with it immediately. This is a lovely floral fruity fragrance on my skin and it lasts quite a long time. A very soothing scent that could be used daytime or night time. Love the orange peach scent that lingers on my skin and it pairs nicely with a citrus body mist.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Turned bad on me. I found it to be wayy to heavy on the florals. Did not work with my chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bebephat

Ylang ylang, honey, spice, orange flower and amber. I used to sell Avon and wore this frag for a long time. It is strong and very sweet, and improves as the day goes on. Not your typical "Avon" scent - in other words it does not smell cheap. Sometimes you can buy for as low as $11.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in my Avon shipment today and I am very pleasantly surprised. The Edt smells little powdery, orange flower and amber on my skin -not like an Avon fragrance at all! I got the full size fragrance, shower gel, body lotion and talc for $23CAN. No better deal than that!

An elegant and understated comfort scent perfect for work and play. I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

Ordered this one today and can't wait to try it and when I do I will review it but I did sample it in the avon booklet and from what I smelled I did like the scent of this! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! I got this yesterday and I am impressed it smells good but it is a tad bit synthetic and the bottle is so utterly cheap it looks more expensive in the AVON book! Well I only paid 9.99 for it and I like the smell although it is strong, next I want to order True Glow or Rare Pearls because those 2 are on sale now so if anyone has any suggestions on which one to order let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

I used this when I was in high school.
I really like the scent and my mom recently gave me a bottle of it that she wasn't using...ah the memories...the smell I can't explain, for a cheap perfume it smells really nice will not buy it again because the bottle she gave me will last forever

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by skyincolour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only bought it because it was on sale for £5, and didn't expect it to be very nice, but I really like it now. Total agree with Candystripelegs. It's warm, golden scent with a hint of fruit to it. I love it when this sent settles (about 20 mins after applying it). Will use it as one of my main fragrance now. I heard some people said that the smell doesn’t last very well, but it actually last quite a long time on me, about 4-5 hours at least. Love it and will buy it again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a warm, powdery orange scent that is very pretty after it dries down for a couple hours. It goes on very strong, so one or two sprays is plenty. It lasts all day, and if I put it on at night I can still smell it in the morning. The problem is, it's so strong that it bothers me. Once it dries down for several hours it's very nice, but I hate putting up with it until it dries down and I worry about offending others too. I purchased this for $9.99 on sale. I will not repurchase this, but I will continue to wear it on my wrists only. There is no way I can tolerate this on my neck or anywhere else near my face.