April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Loose Powders - Cle de Peau - Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I rated it a 4 because I don't think this is the best loose powder i have purchased. Although it is a translucent powder, the powder is pink. The powder is very very finely milled (probably the most finely milled powder I have ever used. the other finely milled powder i have used is La Mer). I am not very sure if I will repurchase it again but I am giving this powder a few more tries before I decide if i will. For now, I much prefer skin colored powder than pink/purple powders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

Beautiful. More so than La Mer. Among my powders, with exception of Sisley and with highway-robbery price aside, I like this one the most. Makes me look very fine. I bought refill only as I have so many empty cute powder tubs.

And as with any l/p, I find it's applied best with MAC 187 (yes, the foundation brush).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I bought this powder along with the silky foundation and the make up base (for pores). The powder is very fine with pink sheen. It looks very pretty just by itself. I wear this on top of the foundation to settle it when I go to work but on my off days I just wear this on top of the make up base which gives very nature and sheer finish but looks very pretty.

I was a bit appalled by the price but you really just need a little bit of this to finish the whole face and I think it will take me years to use this up.

I've used lose powder by shu uemura, chanel, dior, anna sui, and shisheido but by far this one out-performs all of them (maybe not shu uemura which is also very fine and has excellent quality) but i like this one the most due to its pretty pink sheen and the finish.

I have quite fair skin that is suddenly becoming dry (used to have oily skin but i guess that's what happens when you get old.. how sad) but this powder doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sushikimstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the color is translucent but it gives a flawless almost natural finish. always comes out great in pictures though. traveling is tough with it so i bought the pressed powder; its not as natural, but it is also translucent and good for touch ups on the go! case is twenty usd and refills are eighty! overall i love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this powder is good for someone fair & cool tone skin ( also pale) .
the color ( tone )is bit pink tinted.
I am powder mania! and this powder is one of best.
very Sophisticated finished look.not much casual looking I guess.
I use this powder when I go party or dining out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sakayume

this really isn't travel friendly. i think i'll have to leave this behind when i move. D: i'm more used to loose powders that give some coverage (which i need!) and i prefer those, but this one is very finely milled and goes on very smoothly. i don't get a cakey look even when i puff quite a lot onto my face. (the puff is really nice and soft too :P) but it is very expensive. i think i paid SGD187 for this. it does look like it's going to last quite a while though.

forgot to add: oil control is not very good for me. i'm undecided whether to buy a refill if it ever runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by miotiramisu

NEIMAN MARCUS $99 PRETAX

The packaging for the product is not travel friendly. The lid that comes with it is unsecured and would ply open in purses or bags. It's expensive but you get so much also you don't need to use a lot either. The first few weeks I began to use it regularly, and saw that it severely irritated and over dried my combination skin. During winter when my skin is driest/flaky, this powder (contains talc) made my skin feel itchy and uncomfortable and broke my skin out even more. I stopped using the powder until Summer came around and my skin was desperate for oil control. I began to play around with CDP again and noticed my skin didn't feel itchy or uncomfortable nor did it break me out. Even though the powder is suppose to be translucent, if I applied too much, the powder would leave a white/pink cast on my face and it shows on photographs. Overall, I'd advise all dry skinned ladies to stay away from this powder especially if your skin is allergic to talc. After using CdP for a year, I decided to give Chantecaille Loose Powder a try because there's no talc. It's half the price of CdP and my skin just loves the way it feels on. I can wear this fine powder any time even when my skin is on it's worst behavior.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sophienguyen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NEIMAN MARCUS $99 PRETAX

The packaging for the product is not travel friendly. The lid that comes with it is unsecured and would ply open in purses or bags. The powder itself is MAGNIFICENT and well worth the money. It's expensive but you get so much also you don't need to use a lot either. The first few weeks I began to use it regularly, it severely irritated and over dried my combination skin so I stopped using it. Well recently I began to change my skincare regimen (fish oil pills, Shiseido's pureness foaming cleanser, aspirin mask) and decided to give Cle de Peau another try. My skin has never felt this soft and supple before so any kind of makeup put on my face doesn't bother me at all. My make up stays on and looks fresher all day. I usually start with YSL's corrector, Smashbox wet/dry foundation, just a tiny bit of clinique's pressed powder, blush, then Cle de Peau to make my skin more even and flawless. This is only when I want a full made up-natural look but most days I skip some of the steps. Cle de peau is not an ideal face powder by itself since it's SO translucent. It looks pink in the box but believe me it will not show on your skin unless you add a thick layer of it. As for it's staying effect on my oily/combo skin, it's great. It does look better the longer it's on. It really keeps my makeup looking fresher and the little shimmers in the powder really give you a fresh dewy but matte look.. if you can imagine that. A trick I've learned accidentally is that after applying blush (i use various NARS blushes), if i just use a little bit of CDP to rim around the blush areas, my whole MUA looks so much better. It really makes the blush look like natural. Try it. Overall the product is great, I can use this every day now because my skin is better. It's true what they say, when your skin looks good by itself, your makeup will look flawless. I would repurchase this and recommend this to all of you who love a great loose powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by greekgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too cakey for me, messy, messy, messy! I think there are much better powders out there for the money. I'm currently using Chantantecaille & love it. Chanel Double Perfection compact is a good one too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 7:35:00 AM More reviews by helene_helene

it is very finely milled, the finest powder i've used.
However, it looks pink if i used too much. i will try chantecaille later, as it's talc free and got a better colour range.