April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cdimitrovski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

HG: hardly any product required; initial financial outlay $47AUD is fine as the product will last all year. My cuticles always look and feel so much better when using creme abricot. I've tried solar oil and Posche cuticle cream, but I'll stick with Dior. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Jfol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had realistic expectations for this product because I did thorough research prior to purchase and had sampled it at sephora multiple times as well. I have very angry cuticles due to frequent gel manicures and exposure to acetone so it was time to let my nails rest. Due to its sticky and heavy nature, The CD creme is great for night time use, especially paired with loccitane cuticle cream for daytime use and essie millionails for nail treatment if you have severely damaged nails and cuticles. It adds up to a very expensive regimen but it has produced visible results. Would buy again although this will last me ages.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! Just go buy it. It smells fruity and sweet, the color is enticing, and it makes your nails shiny and cuticles look moist and plump. Go buy it, you won't regret it! I'll have this pretty white jar on my bedside for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by NickiW83

I am so glad I found this little gem. After years of suffering from allergic dermatitis and eczema on my hands, I have never been able to grow my nails. Until now. Ok, some people may think it is expensive - but I truly believe you get what you pay for and more. The packaging alone is beautiful - and don't let the little pot deceive you, it lasts FOREVER. I love the smell, and whilst it is quite sticky at first, my nails seem to suck it up quite quickly so it's not a problem. The cream is very nourishing and the difference in my nails in just 2 weeks is unbelievable. I was so impressed I went out and bought the whole dior manicure range, so now I can finally have the beautiful nails I always dreamed of. Buy this - you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lainerz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My nails are and always have been weak, to the point that I could rip a whole free edge off and not notice when I did it. I have tried everything - OPI Nail Envy, Nail Tek, Nailtiques, Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock, lotions, cuticles creams, etc - with no changes, much less any improvement. I have been using Creme Abricot for ONE WEEK and my nails are so improved that I almost can't believe it's my nails I'm seeing when I look at them.

The scent is pleasant, if a little manufactured, and I like the consistency of the balm. However, putting it on does need to be the last thing you do at night, because it is sticky! I usually put it on 30 minutes before I fall asleep to give it some time to absorb, and my nail beds still feel moisturized when I wake up the next morning.

Yes, it's expensive, but considering how much I've already spent and that it actually WORKS, it's not really an issue for me. I will buy this again, and it will probably be the only treatment I use for my nails for the rest of my life. One of my co-workers saw my nails the other day and immediately asked me what I had been doing differently, the improvement is that noticeable!

If you're waffling about getting it, buy it at Sephora and give it a test run. That way, if you don't like it, you'll at least be able to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: I've knocked this down a point since my nails stopped improving after the review. Also they do not peel any longer, they are still not as strong and smooth as I would hope

ORIGINAL REVIEW
This is one of the few products that is irreplaceable for me. My nails have never been great, but in the last year they were constantly peeling so they looked awful without polish and a manicure wouldn't last more than a day without chipping. This was in spite of religious hand moisturizing and always using gloves to do the dishes, clean etc.

I picked this product up after reading the reviews here. After one application they looked much better, probably due to how moisturizing this product is. After using it every night, giving my nails a chance to grow out for a few weeks, my nails are now split-free and much stronger. I'm now painting my nails again, still using this at night on the cuticles, and my current manicure (diy)has lasted for 4 days and counting.

As for cuticles, my hands have always been ok, but this makes them better only requiring gentle pushing back before polish. I've also been using it on my toes. I do my own pedicures and my cuticles are now require much less work to look neat.

I think I paid about 20-22 pounds for this. I expect the pot to last about a year even using it every night, so I think that makes it good value for money. I will repurchase when this pot runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years! it moisturizes, soothes and helps repairing damaged cuticles and nails, it's a miracle product! Even if it stinks and is sticky i will repurchase for ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by katharry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pretty sure I've used them all - Lush/SH/Burts Bees/L'occitane etc etc Dior Abricot Creme is my HG. I use it at night before I go to sleep and I've noticed a big difference in my cuticles.

I already look after my nails and use hand cream and cuticle products several times during the day so I was surprised at how good this was and what a difference it made! I love the little pot but wish it came in a tube as I hate sticking my fingers in products.

LOVE it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

For as long as I remembered, I've always had weak nails and very dry cuticles. Sometimes, my nails can get so weak that it split and catches on things easily. Lately, I've also started to notice ridges on them. To make matters worse, my cuticles are horrible looking. They're always dry and peeling. It kinda make me look like I have a construction worker's hands.

I've tried some products; Mavala Cuticle Oil, Body Shop Almond Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment and Solar Oil, but it did nothing to help. Until a friend recommended the Dior Creme Abricot. I've been using it nightly for about 2 months now and I've noticed significant changes to my nails. They're definitely much stronger than it was before (no longer splitting) and they're growing like nobody's business! My cuticles are also softer and healthier looking these days. For what it does, I am highly recommending this product.

For what it is, I do find it a tad expensive (35chf) but the packaging makes up for the cost. It comes in a beautiful white little flat pot with their logo engraved on the top. The texture of the cream is very thick and sticky and I only need to use a very tiny amount for each fingernail. I'm at my first pot and I think that it should last me well over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Mlle_Elle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really and truly did not want to like this. It was expensive and I wasn't sure why I was ordering it when I was perfectly happy using Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on the go and LUSH Lemony Flutter at night before bed. Those products had been working, so I thought this purchase would be frivilous and pointless - one more product laying around. I wanted something luxurious and something special to pamper myself with -- especially since the winter months are fast approaching and last year my hands had chapped and the edges of my thumbs split :-( So it was for that reason I finally rationalized the purchase. I'm so happy I did. The cream is thick and viscous and the consistency reminds me of this icing my grandmother used to make - it was like shiny meringue and it tasted like marshmallow (it was a secret recipe and unfortunately she took it to the grave). -- so, yes, this creme is shiny and ... gooey ... but in a good way, I promise. It is tacky for a short while and then sinks in and doesn't feel greasy at all. I do this right before I read at night in bed - trust me, I wouldn't use just before reading it if it was going to leave residue marks on the pages of my books -- when I used Lemony Flutter at night, I would have to put that on *after* I was finished reading - there was no way. It was indeed buttery. This creme is a very lovely part of my nighttime ritual. It smells so, so pretty. I know it's scented of apricot but I can't help but envisioning rose as well for some reason. Also the color is just so pretty - a creamy, peachy apricot. I truly love this and my cuticles have never in my entire life looked as nice as they do now.