Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 5/28/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I got it half a year ago, and I still have at least half of the tube left. The roller ball applicator is extremely easy to use on the go (I once used it on a date during a movie). I use my Cetaphil facial cleanser and then Bioderma, and apply the Blemish Stick to my affected areas, and 2 days later, my pimples were 75% gone! The smell is a little intense, but the product applies smoothly and it's really soothing. For $8 this was a great investment and I will continue to repurchase this.

on 5/26/2013 9:59:00 PM

I bought this a while ago and repurchased a few times but I will no longer because the packaging itself is poor. The roll on applicator isn't a wise detail because the dirt and bacteria it picks up from your face is soon washed back into the rest of the bottle, which I didn't like since I'm a germ freak. As far as the chemical performance, I never saw any kind of breakthrough different in the appearance of my blemishes. The smell was harsh, too. I have a combination of oily and somewhat acne-prone olive toned skin.

on 5/22/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This works really well for an all natural blemish treatment. Smells like licorice and does not burn on application. I don't use the rollerball directly on my blemishes though. I wash my hands and then roll it on the back of my hand and then apply with my finger. I don't want the roller ball thing to get all gross touching my pimples! I guess if ur face has just cleaned then it shouldn't really be a problem but it just didn't seem like the best idea. Anyway, yes I do like this for the results it gives with all natural ingredients so a thumbs up!

on 5/21/2013 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review on the Burt's Bees blemish stick. It's a glass container with a little rollerball on the other end. It contains huge amounts of natural plant extracts that are helpful for healing acne. I have had mine for 4 months and I have only used a quarter amount of the product, too, so it lasts.
The smell of this is like alcohol, mint, fennel or licorice and other natural herbs. I don't really mind it seeing as it evaporates within a minute. I wash my face, put on my Body Shop Aloe lotion, then dot this product on any pimples I have.
Lately from all the stress my normally 99.9% clear face was breaking out badly-- cystic acne under my eyes, I'm talking DEEP sore pimples that lasts for a week or more, blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. I had around fifty pimples!!!!!!!!
Sorry to gross you guys out. Anyways, this stuff totally works. I wash my face using L'Oreal 360 cleanser for sensitive skin, then tone with witch hazel, then apply lotion and then the burts bees blemish stick.
Within a week, 80% of my pimples are gone. I have only like 5 left. It's amazing..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really needed something for the huge zits I get when it's around that time of the month. Based on the ingredients, I figured this product would work for me. It actually did somewhat. If you applied it, the blemish would definitely improve a bit even after one application. However, it seems as though I built a tolerance of some sort, because now it does not really work at all. Also, the packaging is a real downside. Very unhygienic and it often releases so much of the liquid that it ends up dripping down your face. I really need to find a new blemish treatment. This was good in the beginning, but eh, it doesn't work for me now.

on 2/12/2013 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I picked this up at Wal-Mart a couple of months ago for under $10 in the hopes it would be at least somewhat helpful in reducing my blemishes overnight. I was also intrigued by the fact that it was all-natural; I previously used a different natural spot treatment before (Andalou's Blemish Vanishing Gel, which I can't find anymore) and LOVED it. I was under the assumption this would be similar, but alas...it was not.

The first time I applied this to a blemish, it almost instantaneously flattened it and I was very impressed. I thought, "Finally! Something that works!".
However, within two days the area in which I had applied the spot treatment to had broken out in three to four little pimples. Wondering if it had simply been a coincidence, I continued to use this off and on, and each time I did, I would break out in more acne where I applied it.

It was also relatively drying and the packaging could have been a lot better. It has a little ball-thing that as you roll it along your skin, the product comes out little by little. Well, when you roll the product on blemishes, it picks up little pieces of dry skin (and who knows what else) and redistributes it back into the product itself. So, each time you re-apply this to a blemish, you're also re-applying dead skin, bacteria, etc. You can actually look at the product itself and see little pieces of dead skin floating around. Ick!

Overall, I just wouldn't recommend this. It's drying, the packaging is pretty bad, and it actually CAUSES more acne!

on 2/10/2013 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I tried this product maybe around two years ago. It did NOT work for me and I threw it out after giving it three tries! I also really dislike the packaging-- it's unhygienic. I'd stick to Clean & Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide .5% treatment any day-- it works the best and quickest for me whenever I get a blemish.

on 2/10/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

it works! i have oily/combo sensitive acne-prone skin ( the best kind there is...i know haha) I get ginormous zits on my chin if i eat too much sugar esp. around that time of the month and once the zit is upcoming nothing ever helps to stop it and it heads and i pop it and yeah it's gross! but this little guy works like a charm on upcoming blemishes...i put it on my zit a few times a day and within two days the zit stops hurting and starts to shrink...I also put ice on the zit to help speed up the process. It smells nice, dries up fast and works! i once put it on a zit near my eye and the product went in my eye and it hurt like a B lol but it works! fellow acne prone people def. give it a try!

on 2/2/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It works. Just not as fast as I would have liked. I'm combating these 1-2 cystic zits I keep getting and there is a noticeable improvement in size after I've applied this. It definitely seems gentler than salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as is works to dissolve the zit instead of bring it to a head. I believe it is for this reason that it takes longer than I would have liked for it to heal. I also haven't noticed any prevention in acne when I've applied to acne-prone areas.

With that in mind, it doesn't dry out your skin like other spot treatments, and smells like black licorice which I find incredibly pleasant. The packaging is not hygienic with it's rollerball application, so I removed the plastic top and either tip it over on a clean finger to apply or insert an ear swab and apply with that. I would also exercise caution to anyone who decides to carry this in their bag with the plastic tip removed.

on 1/24/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really does work when I get a blemish, but I cringe at the packaging at times because it doesn't seem sanitary at all when you're rolling it on a blemish and then turning around and rolling it on another. I guess the ingredients In it could help with that but regardless, its still a little unsanitary. Besides that, I like that this is mostly natural ingredients. It helps treat any blemishes that may pop up, and doesn't sting or burn when I apply it to my sensitive skin. I like to put this in a small make up bag and throw it in my purse but I have to agree with another reviewer because this does leak at times. When I apply this though I have to use only a little otherwise it will leak out and down my face. There is just better treatments out there especially at the drug store where you can get this that work better.