Burt's Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar [DISCONTINUED]

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable soap base, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, yucca vera extract, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, urtica dioca (nettle) leaf powder, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf powder, cocos mucifera (coconut) oil, coconut acid.

on 5/22/2007 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I so wanted this to work but it didnt for me. i must say though the packaging says it is for short to medium hair, and i have very long curly course hair. in the shower it felt great, and my hair was squeaky clean. after though, i added all my normal products and it was weighted and now looks and feels greasy. bummer. i did give it 3 stars though cause it did feel good at the time, (LOL) and i didnt have the recommended hair length. Burt's Bees has wonderful products though so i will continue to use their products, just not this one.**UPDATE**after my hair dried it did make it very thick and full which i like! so i may continue to use once a month maybe. NEW UPDATE - ok, this works GREAT if i use it first then my regular shampoo/conditioner (at this time is Pureology AntiFade). it preps my hair slick clean. am adding a lippie to this. it's awesome. **Nother Update** love this for washing my face, tingling and super clean.

on 3/13/2007 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think it would be drying if you put it on your hair and not your scalp. I just massage it on my scalp with finger tips and rinse off. I think the residue people mentioned is the glycerin?? (just guessing).. I have fine hair with dry scalp. I think the residue actually make my head stop itchy from dryness. So I like this. But I don't like that its in a form of hard soap.

on 3/3/2007 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm one of the few who loves this bar! I have an oily scalp, and this bar cleans that very well. Plus it seems to clean off any residue from other products. My hair always feels completely different when I use this, in a good way!

Wow, I can't believe all the bad reviews! Especially about the bar leaving residue...if anything, I felt that my hair was more squeaky clean than ever before (and I can see how it might be a little over-drying). I have naturally fine, curly hair, and this makes my hair fall in perfect, beautiful ringlets...the curl is really unbelievable. I LOVE this!

on 11/13/2006 11:27:00 PM

This is fantastic for things like hiking trips. It won't leak or freeze; just throw it in the bottom of your suitcase. I wouldn't use it every day, 'cuz it does dry my hair a little, but it's totally acceptable.

on 8/16/2006 12:05:00 AM

Whoa bad product... left my hair with residue and it took a while to lather up enough for my long thick hair

on 7/15/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didnt like this at all - it left my hair feeling claggy and just... yuck. Having since used Lush's shampoo bars I now know what Burt's Bees should be aiming for!

on 5/10/2006 11:13:00 AM

Whoa, residue, residue, residue. This made my hair clump into one huge tangle! I couldn't comb through it even after conditioning. Maybe this would work for someone with a buzz cut, but anything longer than a centimeter is going to have awful results. Too bad, because I love the concept and it smelled great.

on 5/6/2006 10:52:00 PM

Yuck yuck yuck! I got this in a sampler pack of Burt's Bees items and it went straight to the trash after I tried it one time!

on 4/20/2006 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This item was in a Burt's Bees trial pack that I bought. I liked peppermint smell and the tingling effect, but unfortunately, the product made my hair feel very dry.

Popular Shampoos