April 18, 2014 | 1703 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Oleo-Relax

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sakigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can't believe my eyes!!! (or hands for that matter...)
My hair is EXTREMELY damaged from a lot bleach, a million (ok almost) color processes, heat styling and products that I literally have breakage causing some pieces of hair to be 1/4 long in my growing out chin length bob! I have been using the Bain Satin 3 for about a week (basically used 3 times) and decided to splurge for this conditioner/masque. I washed with the bain satin 2 x's and then applied the masque to damp hair, combed thru and left on for 15 min. i rinsed with warm then cool water. I immediately felt how SOFT and SMOOTH my hair was after rinsing. I love the rose scent..to me it's less artificial and more so like a fresh cut fragrant rose. Off on a tangent, but do you all remeber crabtree and evelyn's Evelyn Soap? It pretty much smells like that and I love it! Ok back to the masque...I let my hair air dry for about 10 min after gently towel drying. I then blowed dried my hair on warm ( I cant do hot...my hair has seized up and broken off with hot recently!) then followed with a cool blast of air. My hair had a lot of body and felt incredibly soft! i wanted to really smooth it out, so I flat ironed on a medium heat setting Chi iron. My hair feels like a remy hair extension fresh out of the box lol. My fiance says that it looks like my hair has never seen bleach :)
I would definitely recommend this product for those of you who are bleach-o-rexics like me with dry, frizzy, breaking off hair...it's a miracle product! Because of the length of my hair a little goes a long way and I would gladly pay double the price for this (I know sounds crazy but it's that GOOD) masque.
HG for sure!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My hair is very long, thick and chemically straightened once a year for the past decade. Hence comes the Oleo-Relax Masque.

It gives extra coating to my strands, keeping it strong, very soft, supple and healthy without frizz. After shampoo, I towel dry my hair and put it on for 3-5 minutes. This is NOT a conditioner. A Kerastase consultant once said that conditioner nourishes the hair while masque protects / seals the hair. You can't substitute a masque with a conditioner and vice versa. I don't recommend using this masque too often - the build up can be heavy on your hair. Once or twice a month is good, and please remember that less is more with this product.

Tips:
*) Use a teaspoon to scoop the product out. No fingers, especially wet fingers.
*) Leave the roots alone.
*) Save it in a place without direct sunlight.
*) Wash your body & face after you rinse out the masque. Don't forget your back. The residue from the masque might do funny things to sensitive skin.
*) If you like this product, buy it in the biggest jar. Save up a lot in the long run.
*) Don't leave it more than 5 minutes or your hair will get extremely heavy, which will put extra pressure to your roots and yadda yadda.
*) I don't recommend this for normal or virgin hair. Chemically treated, frizzy hair due to blowdrys / hair straighteners only.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lovetotryitall

I have long hair that is fine, but always has split ends which leads to a frizzy appearance. This is a weekly masque, but I used it as a daily conditioner. It was the only conditioner that I found to make my hair look healthy, shiny, and not damaged. Because I overuse it, it does build up, but then I use a cleansing shampoo, and that gets rid of any build up. I tried so many other products to replace it because it is kind of expensive, but in the end this is what I keep coming back to, for me it is not really worth trying other stuff because I buy that and then this anyway. The only thing that I have found recently that offers similar results is the three step defrizzing sample set from Phyto, but to get the same result with that I have to do all three steps with the Oleo Relax it is one step and it doesn't matter what shampoo I use with it. I gave it average packaging because I do not really like the big tub, I think it is hard to open and use in the shower without getting water in the product, and I don't want to get out of the shower and track water everywhere. It is also hard to screw the cover on when I have the conditioner in my hands. Stupid points,but that is my view on screw top tubs of conditioner. Anyway I LOVE this product, though I still do always hope to find something a little cheaper and a little easier to find (I don't remember to order online, until I am out and then I have to wait for delivery) without having to find a Kerastase salon. But, for now the improvement in my hair is worth the money in my and my husband's opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by dawneaoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read a few reviews here before I bought this product. Most were positive, but a few people found it too heavy or didn't like the smell. I took a chance and am SO glad I did! This is now my favorite product for my hair!

I usually towel dry my hair after rinsing out the shampoo and put on the masque. I then wrap my head in a towel and leave it on for anywhere from an hour to overnight. After I wash it out and dry my hair it's so silky and soft and the flyaway hairs I usually have around my head from styling damage are gone!

If you are allergic to artificial scents, I wouldn't recommend this product, because it is a bit strong. Personally, I love the rose scent and really like that the smell doesn't fade right after washing. Usually my hair still smells floral until the next time I wash it.

I use this product about twice a week between regular conditioner treatments and even with my long hair the product lasts me about 2 months. I think it's totally worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

I had such hopes for this product but it doesn't do much. not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by erica420

Expensive but worth it if your hair is dry as hay. It's expensive, but it lasts a long time and a little bit goes a long way. I bought one last year, and i'm almost done with it. I use it once a week and leave it in for 20 minutes. Non frizzy hair after it dries. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by belladonnawildheart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I have long naturally curly hair. Thin strands but lots of them. I applied this in the shower after deep cleansing with Suave clarity shampoo and the results are amazing. My hair is soft smooth full of body and totally managable. It does have a slight fragrance but it really isnt over-powering. I work in an ICU and have to be VERY careful about not wearing anything that could cause my patients (or co-workers) any sort of resp. issues or adverse reactions. If you've found the scent of this to be overpowering you've applied way too much or not rinsed it out thoroughly enough. Highly recommend and will def. repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a horrible experience. Never again! Not only was this stuff outrageously expensive ($50.00 for a small jar), but it was the worst hair product experience I have ever had. I remember reading a few reviews that spoke about the obnoxiously strong perfume scent, and they were not exaggerating! I'm not a smoker and am sensitive to scents and odors. I can handle most scents, but this is just crazy sickening. I thought it would fade after my hair dried, but it never did. It's florals on steroids with a truly disgusting chemical undertone. For a moment, I was beginning to think I had put an actual relaxer on my hair! It smelled exactly like that stuff you get a whiff of in the salons when people are having that procedure done. The scent was so dizzying that I got a migraine from it.

I guess because I hadn't suffered enough, my scalp began to itch like crazy. Between the overwhelmingly obnoxious scent, which never faded, and my itchy scalp, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I excused myself from work early just so I could go home and wash this crap out of my hair! I noticed another couple of reviews peppered in from other women who also had this type of allergic reaction, and they have my sympathies! I get it trust me! Oh and in case you are wondering, I bought this from an authorized dealer who was able to confirm that it was not an old batch. It came in a box that was completely sealed and had never been opened. A word of caution to those who might want to give this product a try. I would make darn sure to buy this from a place that allows returns of products that have been opened. This was a very costly lesson for me (and I got better results from Pantene's new Pro-V Curly Hair Series Deep Moisturizing Treatment, which costs next to nothing)! Ugh!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tylerhz

Good product but expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ateneachic

I love it...Its an excellent mask lives my hair soft and shiny!!