December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing for my long dry hair. I prefer 100% natural stuff but you need a bit more technology to deal with dry hair! I could shovel this on every 3rd day and it wouldn't get too heavy, and yet it has a penetrating effect which makes me want to eat my soft glossy hair afterwards... A lovely subtle sweet-ish smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Oleo-Relax line is my HG hair regime. I have very very long, fine, wavy hair, so my main problems are frizziness and dry ends. I never thought I'd find a product that would make so much of a difference in the quality of my hair. It tightens curls, almost completely smooths frizz (= mega shine), and softens ends. All without reducing volume. I comb the masque through in the shower and then I don't even need to re-comb it before I leave the house. I could not give this a higher rating. One bottle of the conditioner lasts me for about 1 month.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by emmaapple96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I signed up to here, because I really don't understand how this has gotten so many amazing reviews and I had to share my not so amazing experience. I purchased this because of the great reviews on here but I followed all the instructions (clean hair, towel dry it, apply to hair, wait, then wash out and wasn't very impressed. My very thick hair seemed just as frizzy and fluffy as before, if not, there were more frizzies than usual on the top of my head. I guess if you were looking for something to soften your hair, its really good, but to tame fluff and frizz, I didn't really see results. Mind you, I have only used this once, and will continue to use it because it is so bloody expensive, but the packaging is quite nice and fits a fair bit inside. Overall, I think I'll be sticking to the cheaper brands from now on

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask makes my hair INCREDIBLY shiny,smooth,straight and manageable.This is the best mask I have ever tried and find the results truly worth the $. Only thing I do not like is the strong scent which seems to linger a bit. Oleo line is HG for my long heavily highlighted hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After eyeing Kerastase products for so long, I finally managed to get my hands on the Oleo-Relax masque. Up 'til now I've been a long-time devotee to L'oreal Professionel (which is great, and quite inexpensive). My hairdresser was having a closing down sale, so I managed to pick up a 75mL travel size tub for only $12 AUD.

Having used it for about 2 weeks now, all I can say is that I am beyond gobsmacked as to what it's done for my hair. I can't stop touching and smelling my hair! It's so straight, smooth and shiny. For the first time in my life I feel like I can leave home, walk out for hours and not feel the compulsion to run a hairbrush through my hair to get that "just brushed" look. Because it looks perfect. And the even bigger shock is... it still looks perfect even 48hrs after I've washed my hair :O :O :O

UPDATE: It's now been about 2 years since I discovered this product, and it's still my holy grail of holy grail beauty products. Out of every product I give 5 stars too, this is the only one I absolutely cannot live without. For 2 years, I've had only good hair days, and I've never had to brush my hair. Ever. It just looks damn good all the time.

UPDATE 10/2/14: It's been 3.5 years now. 3.5 years of compliments on how nice my hair looks.

I realised in the original review I wasn't clear on how I used this product. I use it instead of a conditioner. I dip my fingers into the pot and take out the tiniest amount (because that's all you need), distribute it throughout my hair and the immediately rinse off. People think masques work better if they're left to soak in, but honestly, I don't think it's really necessary. A jar of this will last a whole year (using it once every two days).

As another reviewer mentioned, this doesn't contain any protein, so if you have damaged hair, you will need to alternate this with something that does have protein. My hair is so ridiculously easily damaged. I coloured it 3 times last year, so now I have to use the Masque Force Architecte once a week along with Ciment Thermique every day. However, only on the days I don't use Masque Oleo Relax my hair just does not feel the same. It really is the most wonderful miracle product ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sakigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can't believe my eyes!!! (or hands for that matter...)
My hair is EXTREMELY damaged from a lot bleach, a million (ok almost) color processes, heat styling and products that I literally have breakage causing some pieces of hair to be 1/4 long in my growing out chin length bob! I have been using the Bain Satin 3 for about a week (basically used 3 times) and decided to splurge for this conditioner/masque. I washed with the bain satin 2 x's and then applied the masque to damp hair, combed thru and left on for 15 min. i rinsed with warm then cool water. I immediately felt how SOFT and SMOOTH my hair was after rinsing. I love the rose scent..to me it's less artificial and more so like a fresh cut fragrant rose. Off on a tangent, but do you all remeber crabtree and evelyn's Evelyn Soap? It pretty much smells like that and I love it! Ok back to the masque...I let my hair air dry for about 10 min after gently towel drying. I then blowed dried my hair on warm ( I cant do hot...my hair has seized up and broken off with hot recently!) then followed with a cool blast of air. My hair had a lot of body and felt incredibly soft! i wanted to really smooth it out, so I flat ironed on a medium heat setting Chi iron. My hair feels like a remy hair extension fresh out of the box lol. My fiance says that it looks like my hair has never seen bleach :)
I would definitely recommend this product for those of you who are bleach-o-rexics like me with dry, frizzy, breaking off hair...it's a miracle product! Because of the length of my hair a little goes a long way and I would gladly pay double the price for this (I know sounds crazy but it's that GOOD) masque.
HG for sure!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My hair is very long, thick and chemically straightened once a year for the past decade. Hence comes the Oleo-Relax Masque.

It gives extra coating to my strands, keeping it strong, very soft, supple and healthy without frizz. After shampoo, I towel dry my hair and put it on for 3-5 minutes. This is NOT a conditioner. A Kerastase consultant once said that conditioner nourishes the hair while masque protects / seals the hair. You can't substitute a masque with a conditioner and vice versa. I don't recommend using this masque too often - the build up can be heavy on your hair. Once or twice a month is good, and please remember that less is more with this product.

Tips:
*) Use a teaspoon to scoop the product out. No fingers, especially wet fingers.
*) Leave the roots alone.
*) Save it in a place without direct sunlight.
*) Wash your body & face after you rinse out the masque. Don't forget your back. The residue from the masque might do funny things to sensitive skin.
*) If you like this product, buy it in the biggest jar. Save up a lot in the long run.
*) Don't leave it more than 5 minutes or your hair will get extremely heavy, which will put extra pressure to your roots and yadda yadda.
*) I don't recommend this for normal or virgin hair. Chemically treated, frizzy hair due to blowdrys / hair straighteners only.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lovetotryitall

I have long hair that is fine, but always has split ends which leads to a frizzy appearance. This is a weekly masque, but I used it as a daily conditioner. It was the only conditioner that I found to make my hair look healthy, shiny, and not damaged. Because I overuse it, it does build up, but then I use a cleansing shampoo, and that gets rid of any build up. I tried so many other products to replace it because it is kind of expensive, but in the end this is what I keep coming back to, for me it is not really worth trying other stuff because I buy that and then this anyway. The only thing that I have found recently that offers similar results is the three step defrizzing sample set from Phyto, but to get the same result with that I have to do all three steps with the Oleo Relax it is one step and it doesn't matter what shampoo I use with it. I gave it average packaging because I do not really like the big tub, I think it is hard to open and use in the shower without getting water in the product, and I don't want to get out of the shower and track water everywhere. It is also hard to screw the cover on when I have the conditioner in my hands. Stupid points,but that is my view on screw top tubs of conditioner. Anyway I LOVE this product, though I still do always hope to find something a little cheaper and a little easier to find (I don't remember to order online, until I am out and then I have to wait for delivery) without having to find a Kerastase salon. But, for now the improvement in my hair is worth the money in my and my husband's opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by dawneaoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read a few reviews here before I bought this product. Most were positive, but a few people found it too heavy or didn't like the smell. I took a chance and am SO glad I did! This is now my favorite product for my hair!

I usually towel dry my hair after rinsing out the shampoo and put on the masque. I then wrap my head in a towel and leave it on for anywhere from an hour to overnight. After I wash it out and dry my hair it's so silky and soft and the flyaway hairs I usually have around my head from styling damage are gone!

If you are allergic to artificial scents, I wouldn't recommend this product, because it is a bit strong. Personally, I love the rose scent and really like that the smell doesn't fade right after washing. Usually my hair still smells floral until the next time I wash it.

I use this product about twice a week between regular conditioner treatments and even with my long hair the product lasts me about 2 months. I think it's totally worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

I had such hopes for this product but it doesn't do much. not worth the money.