September 21, 2014 | 1169 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Oh dear, this lip butter is terrible. Just absolutely terrible, with no redeeming qualities. Well, I suppose the container is kind of cute. I love Korres lip butter, so I wanted to try this one to compare. As soon as I put it on my lips, it felt, smelled, and tasted like a bad body lotion. The sensation is also very strange, because it doesn't ever absorb properly. It made my lips feel dry--that uncomfortable dryness when a product is just sitting on top of your skin. Even worse, my lips felt rough after just an hour or so of wearing it (and my lips were perfectly smooth before I applied the lip butter). I wonder what ingredient is responsible for the dryness. Needless to say, I promptly wiped it off. I can't state it emphatically enough: avoid this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

smells good,but worst moisture ever.

and looks horrible if you use too much.yucks

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by physcocase

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: I bought the Sweet Lemon lip butter and I lovee the smell and the way it tastes! It doesn't taste like chemical which is another thing I LOVE about it. The price is pretty affordable as well.

Cons: What I didn't like is that the yellow-ish colour doesn't look nice on my tanned lips combine with my overall tanned skin. I don't think it did a good job as a lip treatment as my lips peeled even more when I used this product, especially when I wiped my lips after a meal or something, I'd notice peeled skin all over my tissue paper which to me was kinda gross. This is NOT ideal for the warm weather. It would melt and cause a mess in my bag. The packaging bugs me as the product always gets under my nails even though my nails aren't that long.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kris1818

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Sweet Lemon. Although I love the smell and the texture is awesome, not waxy or sticky, this doesn't moisterize at all. My lips are still dry and chapped even when I'm constantly putting it on. So for me, I don't see the point in owning one of these lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelu

I snagged these during a 3 for $10 sale and I wish I got more! I got 2 raspberries and 1 shea. I usually don't like sickingly sweet fruity smells but I love the raspberry. Reminds me of my childhood when I used to get drugstore lip balm/gloss...but it's better! Anyway, it has a sheer red tint which I love. My lips are already pretty plummy, but this enhances their color. It looks like I have lipstick/gloss on! It lasts for quite a while as well and a little goes a long way. The Shea is also kind of glossy (doesn't look like it) and smells delicious. It gives my lips a milky/cream sheen which would probably look good with pink/peachy lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by smittenkitten6196

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own two of these lip butters (Shea Butter and Passion Fruit) and I find that they are decent as a night treatment if your lips are already in good condition, but I wouldn't recommend them if you need intensive moisturizing or are looking for a solution to chapped lips. The consistency is quite smooth (being a butter) and the finish is a slight sheen without any tackiness. An overall "ok" product but for the price there are better products on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by yxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in mango. I decided to try it because I've liked the Body Shop's products in the past, including their body butter. I have chapped lips from time to time, especially in the winter. This lip butter isn't moisturizing at all and I don't see any benefits from using it. I also dislike the packaging because I feel like sticking my finger in it to apply it makes it unhygienic. The only positives to this product is that it smells really good and that it's not sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The package is not really hygienic. I hate anything that I need to stick my finger inside. Besides, it leaves a white cast on my lips and is not moisturizing at all. I like the smell but it is not convincing enough to make me keep this horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Firstly, I love the smell of the product, but it doesn't really do what a good lip treatment should. I use Blistex for that. I do use this product as a lip balm over the top of my Blistex though. Gives a nice light colour and smoothes my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

I had really bad chapped lips and none of my normal lipglosses or balms were helping. My friend gave me Papaya Lip Butter in a gift pack for my birthday. It helped moisturise my lips all winter and made a marked improvement to the chaffing. My local store (In Sydney Australia) only had the Coconut flavour and Papaya flavour when I went back in to buy a replacement one as I finished my first one. I opted for Cocunut to try something new. It's alright but nothing to rave about, and as the colour is white, if you apply a lot your lips look awful. I would definately buy Papaya nest time, and the fragrance and taste is beautiful, and colour not noticeable.