The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/29/2012 12:39:00 PM

Just awful! Not only did it turn my lips white it actually dried them out!! The packaging is really cute but after a few days in my bag the rim and the lid is super messy and sticky with the product, not very hygienic! I so wanna love these because I use the body butters all the time but these have got to be the worst lip product I've ever encountered.

Available in a wide variety of delicious scents, The Body Shop's lip butter is a solid contender in the fight against chapped lips. The incredibly thick, creamy texture is very soothing and reminds me more of a lotion than a traditional lip balm. The wear time is nothing extraordinary, but the product does leave my pout soft and conditioned for a couple of hours after application. The major drawback of this item is that it's not completely transparent. You have to be careful to blend the butter into your skin entirely or you'll be left with an awkward white film coating your lips.

The Bottom Line: Great for conditioning lips as long as you remember to blend thoroughly

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com/

on 3/21/2012 3:38:00 AM

Normally, I dont do reviews, but this lip butter changed my mind. I thought the EOS lip butters won the worst lip balm award in my personal beauty product oscars, but after trying these Body Shop lip balms, I change my mind and have decided to snatch it right from EOS and hand it to TBS.
I bought the Guarana Berry flavor after testing it in the store. Yes, it looks cute, smells good and even tastes good. But now after religiously applying it continuously for two days, my previously smooth and unchapped lips have declared war on the rest of my face. They are totally chapped, dried out, red and raw. I can almost hear the cute EOS spheres laughing in my little bottom drawer...

on 3/16/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have so many lip balms that if I reviewed them all on here I would spend hours doing it. So I've decided to just write reviews for balms I find absolutely amazing, unusual, or awful. These fall into the last category. I like the scents and like the idea of a butter, but the gritty texture totally ruins this. And even if it didn't, they don't have the creamy texture that sinks into my lips when I think "butter". Don't be fooled by these, please! They're too expensive and you'll end up spending your money on other treatments.

I don't know why these got such horrible reviews but I really like them imo. The Shea butter one is just wonderful. I use this during the nighttime so I don't care for the slightly white cast it leaves on your lips. It's not that bad anyways, kinda nudens your lips. The smell is great, like real shea butter. The moisture is gives is pretty decent, I wake up with not greasy, not dry, but moisturized lips. Keeps them from chapping, and repairs the chapping if I have any. It lasts a long time but I hate the pot packaging. I understand its a butter but cmon' put it in a squeeze tube or something?

on 1/1/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Oh dear, this lip butter is terrible. Just absolutely terrible, with no redeeming qualities. Well, I suppose the container is kind of cute. I love Korres lip butter, so I wanted to try this one to compare. As soon as I put it on my lips, it felt, smelled, and tasted like a bad body lotion. The sensation is also very strange, because it doesn't ever absorb properly. It made my lips feel dry--that uncomfortable dryness when a product is just sitting on top of your skin. Even worse, my lips felt rough after just an hour or so of wearing it (and my lips were perfectly smooth before I applied the lip butter). I wonder what ingredient is responsible for the dryness. Needless to say, I promptly wiped it off. I can't state it emphatically enough: avoid this product!

on 12/31/2011 5:04:00 AM

smells good,but worst moisture ever.

and looks horrible if you use too much.yucks

on 12/6/2011 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Pros: I bought the Sweet Lemon lip butter and I lovee the smell and the way it tastes! It doesn't taste like chemical which is another thing I LOVE about it. The price is pretty affordable as well.

Cons: What I didn't like is that the yellow-ish colour doesn't look nice on my tanned lips combine with my overall tanned skin. I don't think it did a good job as a lip treatment as my lips peeled even more when I used this product, especially when I wiped my lips after a meal or something, I'd notice peeled skin all over my tissue paper which to me was kinda gross. This is NOT ideal for the warm weather. It would melt and cause a mess in my bag. The packaging bugs me as the product always gets under my nails even though my nails aren't that long.

on 2/12/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Sweet Lemon. Although I love the smell and the texture is awesome, not waxy or sticky, this doesn't moisterize at all. My lips are still dry and chapped even when I'm constantly putting it on. So for me, I don't see the point in owning one of these lip butters.

on 2/12/2011 1:16:00 AM

I snagged these during a 3 for $10 sale and I wish I got more! I got 2 raspberries and 1 shea. I usually don't like sickingly sweet fruity smells but I love the raspberry. Reminds me of my childhood when I used to get drugstore lip balm/gloss...but it's better! Anyway, it has a sheer red tint which I love. My lips are already pretty plummy, but this enhances their color. It looks like I have lipstick/gloss on! It lasts for quite a while as well and a little goes a long way. The Shea is also kind of glossy (doesn't look like it) and smells delicious. It gives my lips a milky/cream sheen which would probably look good with pink/peachy lipstick.

Popular Lip Treatments