Lancome Absolue Eye

2.4

Very average eyecream even though I'm a big Lancome fan.
1. Moisturisation: minimal. The product is very runny and not creamy. If you like a lighter texture, you may want to try this (or gels work better).
2. It contains SHIMMER!!! I despise skincare products that use unnecessary ingredients like this. I mean, I want to treat or rid of puffiness and dark circles, NOT HIDE them! If I wanted to do that, I'd use concealer, highlighters, and other makeup products!
3. I've noticed that my eyes have become more puffy and purplish-red after using this. Before, I used La Prairie's Cellular Eye Contour which was AMAZING, but I got this instead just to try it out cuz it's cheaper. Well lo-n-behold the symptoms are back meaning (1) La Prairie's product WORKS and (2) Lancome Absolue does NOT! Thus today, I went back to La Prairie and got another one of their eyecreams.
4. Packaging is good as always.
5. Will not repurchase.

on 7/29/2007 7:23:00 AM

This is by far the best Eye Cream I have ever tried. The texture is very rich but not too oily and that's just what I've been looking for. It's definitely great for winter. It feels like there're cushion around my eye area when I applied on and it absorbs well with message. However, my only concern is the price and I think it's pretty expensive. I'll probably buy it again this coming winter.

on 7/7/2007 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry skin and this did not provide enough hydration for my eye area. While I didn't get puffy eyes while using this, I always needed to put an extra moisturizer on top, so it's not worth the price for me.

on 9/27/2006 3:39:00 PM

I received this as a gift. Strange, thick texture for an eye cream. Does not spread easily. I did not see any improvement, but maybe that's because this product targets more mature skin.

on 9/10/2006 12:35:00 AM

aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, prunus armeniaca / apricot kernel oil, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, butyrospermum parkii / shea butter fruit, propylene glycol, silica, ropylene glycol dicaprycate / dicaprate, stearoxytrimethylsilane, stearyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, mica, escin, padina pavonica / padina pavonica extract, phenoxyethanol, stearalkonium hectorite, PEG-40 stearate, chlorphenensin, dimethicone, dimethiconol, dioscorea villosa / wild yam root extract, propyl parabemn, propylene carbonate, paraffin, tea carbomer, sorbitan tristearate, ruscus aculeatus / ruscus aculeatus root extract, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, methylparaben, tetrasodium edta, hexyldecanol, glyceryl stearate, glycine soja/ soybean protein, ci 77 891 / titanium dioxide, ci 77492 iron oxides .

on 8/31/2006 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am using Lancome's Absolue Eye because it came in a free gift. Knowing that this eye cream is expensive and being the type that has a difficult time throwing away these things, I will use it somewhere like my elbows or heels, before I toss it in the trash. I don't see any hydrating effects, and my dark circles are just as dark. Granted, I don't expect miracles, but for the price, the cream should do something for the eye area. I continue to use Merle Norman's Luxiva Preventage Firming Eye Cream in the daytime. Unlike Absolue, MN's product does feel hydrating and contains the added benefit of sunscreen for daywear. I continue to look for the best nighttime eye cream. Is there such a cream with an exfoliating component or is this unheard of in the eye area?

on 2/19/2006 7:20:00 AM

I had that eye-cream about couple of years ago and it was a complete waste of money. I was not satisfied with it at all. The cream is quite heavy in texture but not particularly moisturizing or revitalizing. I didn't notice any positive effects of it. Thanks God it didn't irritate my eye area which is quite sensitive.

on 2/17/2006 1:42:00 PM

Got this from a friend who got it as a freebie with purchase. If I had bought this it would have been returned.

This product does nothing! It balls up under concealer, does nothing for lines, puffyness or anything.

You can get much better products in the drugstore.

This is an absolue -t joke.

on 4/13/2005 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not really sure what its suppose to do- yet it feels refreshing around my eye area and keeps it moisturized for my thick concealer. It also helps that it doesn't sting my eye like my last eye cream. Very hydrating.

on 11/7/2003 1:05:00 PM

Simply said--I like premodial intense eye cream better. premodial provides so much richer and better effects. EDIT: I work in community pharmacy, and I had a patient coming in for buring around eye (red burns) after using Absolute Eye. I also had that dead skin burn two weeks ago after crying or something, and I guess it just makes your skin harsher for winter? Couldn't figure out WHY, but is definitely strange.